Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2013, 10:16 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkennyn View Post
It's entertaining to watch the GOP practically salivate over the issues the website has had under some misguided hope that this spells the end of the ACA.

Here are a few things to remember.
1). Most Americans already have health insurance, so the website is of no relevance to them.
2). Because of the law...an array of new benefits are available even to those that don't need the website.
3). 26 year olds can stay on their parents insurance.
4). 80% of paid premium has to be spent on care.
5). No more denials for pre-existing conditions.
6). Seniors have new discounts for their prescriptions.
7). You can call 800-318-2596 to apply for healthcare
8). You can print off the PDF of the healthcare application and mail it in.

The ACA is moving along JUST fine. Despite your best efforts and conjecture...The administration is still committed to providing coverage for all Americans.

White House: Health law's more than a website
It's called, Desperation.

Old 10-23-2013, 10:16 AM

7,814 posts, read 6,392,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wkennyn View Post

The ACA is moving along JUST fine. Despite your best efforts and conjecture...The administration is still committed to providing coverage for all Americans.

White House: Health law's more than a website
Well except for the hundreds of thousands of people who had their plans cancelled I guess.

Old 10-23-2013, 10:18 AM

2,886 posts, read 4,107,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marlinfshr View Post
Ahh, but I am conservative. I just don't fit the mold that because I belong to one party I have to follow with everything that party goes with. I can think on my own.
I just but you you're responses in a 3d political spectrum quiz. and you came out as Liberal Conservative.

Old 10-23-2013, 10:20 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
I hate the politicians who place party above the country and its people.

Old 10-23-2013, 10:21 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,366,895 times
just more massive failure by obama and his army of leg-humpking parasites.
this is just one more thiing they have turned into a disaster.

if the GOP left the island tomorrow, the USA would be uninhabitable in a week due to chicago jesus and his policies..

Old 10-23-2013, 10:22 AM

4,176 posts, read 4,670,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I hate the politicians who place party above the country and its people.
You just described almost all politicians.

Old 10-23-2013, 10:25 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,771,097 times
Conservatives have gone from foaming at the mouth about death panels to complaining that people can't sign up on the web site. That's all that needs to be said.

Old 10-23-2013, 10:29 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
The fact is the website can screw up the law and how it is financed. The law needs 7 million total people signed up in through the exchanges. 40% of it needs to be healthy young people. So if they hit the 7 million, you need at least 2.8 million healthy young people. Right now by all accounts the exchanges are on pace to get 4 million with about 20,000 a day signing up (no word on the demographics just yet.) The Obama administration has pressed looking towards the phonelines (which goes back to the website), going to navigators and faxing the forms in. The issue is the healthy young people aren't going to do that they are going to try the website and give up when it doesn't work. So because of the website, the law could fail mechanically.

This is not a spin issue, this is a realistic issue that the law faces.

Old 10-23-2013, 10:32 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,729,580 times
How cute, looks like someone joined "Team Obamacare."

Obama: 'I'm asking you to be a part of Team Obamacare.' - POLITICO.com

Old 10-23-2013, 10:35 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,036,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
The fact is the website can screw up the law and how it is financed. The law needs 7 million total people signed up in through the exchanges. 40% of it needs to be healthy young people. So if they hit the 7 million, you need at least 2.8 million healthy young people. Right now by all accounts the exchanges are on pace to get 4 million with about 20,000 a day signing up (no word on the demographics just yet.) The Obama administration has pressed looking towards the phonelines (which goes back to the website), going to navigators and faxing the forms in. The issue is the healthy young people aren't going to do that they are going to try the website and give up when it doesn't work. So because of the website, the law could fail mechanically.

This is not a spin issue, this is a realistic issue that the law faces.
Mark my words, when it all falls apart, rather than admit failure and scrap it, they will want more money for all of it. The cost will grow and grow, as all pathetic government programs. Then, when some in Washington fight back and refuse to fund, they will start their usual name calling and rhetoric about how this person/group doesnt care about uninsured people.

Government dependency will grow even bigger in this country, as if it isnt high enough. But that is exactly what the liberals want. Its not about helping anyone, its about creating a larger number of dependents, a more powerful government, less freedom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies