Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2013, 09:32 PM

63 posts, read 47,644 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
Oh yea :-)
So you say there is something for me after all. I'm a brand new citizen so I'm still learning.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 4
I suppose they're worth looking at if you are a republican that is very liberal on social issues.

Personally I'd prefer you move to the left on economic issues as well, but if not the LP is probably in line with you ideologically.

Old 10-22-2013, 09:34 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,539,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodpete View Post
No, I oppose the Democrat give-aways too. I'm just saying that I don't like the "Old" Republicans because of the way they've become. I voted for some of them originally. Like Mark Kirk who was a great conservative when he was first elected, now he's siding with Dick Turbin (Durbin) and he's useless to the Republicans. I want to put as many Tea Party people as possible in office so they can turn some things around. If the few TP's that there are now, scare the Liberals as much as they do , imagine what a majority of them will do. It's a wonderful thought.

That is a horrible thought. You think people dislike the Tea Party just because.... NO, it is because we dont think your policies will work. in fact we know they wont work, and so do you(in a sense).

Some of you do not just want to privatize social security,medicare and medicaid, you want to completely eliminate them.

this doesnt solve the problem,it just means its now societies problem and not the government.

Old 10-22-2013, 09:39 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,539,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wkennyn View Post
Libertarian Party?
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
Oh yea :-)
So you say there is something for me after all. I'm a brand new citizen so I'm still learning.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 4
Actually, the Libertarian party is anti gay marriage. Their stance is that government should not be in the marriage business at all.

Its the " Im taking my ball and going home, now no one can play" mentality.

Old 10-22-2013, 09:50 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,477,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Actually, the Libertarian party is anti gay marriage. Their stance is that government should not be in the marriage business at all.

It's sheer dishonesty or confusion to pretend that is not a pro-marriage equality position.

I know a bit about the LP's position on the issue and its evolution, having run for a county clerkship as a Libertarian the year DOMA passed.

Old 10-22-2013, 10:07 PM

2,886 posts, read 4,107,053 times
I hate the fact that libertarians get put in the same group as those xenophobic, abortion obsessed tea partiers. I personally love immigration and wish that immigration globally had no limits(except for the obvious no criminals allowed).

Old 10-22-2013, 10:44 PM

3,702 posts, read 4,850,376 times
Let's see. I'm a conservative rdepublican. Things I don't like about the republican party:

They don't seem to want to reform healthcare. I think it needs it. BAD. I am willing to give this new system a try before automatically bashing it. I like how I can't be turned down because of pre-existing conditions. I like that pharmacy is now required. In reality, I like what I have seen when looking at the plans. Perhaps since I have a pre-existing condition I'm looking at the whole picture of comparing everything I spend with my current policy including what it does not cover and what I will spend on any new policy with more coverage.

I have absolutely no problems with abortion.

Even though I consider myself a christian, believe in god and am against all this anti god stuff going on, I believe in evolution. I believe in the bible but it is a history book based on it's time. Meaning I believe the stories are based on facts and perception of the time it was written. The world at that time was not very large and people didn't have modern science to explain the happenings around them.

And though I never have and never will smoke pot, I am all for legalizing it.

Old 10-22-2013, 10:51 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,157,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post

No. It's the government doesn't belong in my bedroom mentality.

Old 10-22-2013, 10:54 PM

29,818 posts, read 24,902,718 times
I'm a conservative. The closest haggle of crooks I have representing my interests in Washington are republicans. Obviously, I have tons I could mention. To save time, I will just discuss what I actually like "about my side of the aisle".

They discarded the proposed (sh)amnesty bill.
They are not Nancy Palosi.

The end.

Old 10-22-2013, 10:55 PM

2,886 posts, read 4,107,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marlinfshr View Post
Let's see. I'm a conservative rdepublican. Things I don't like about the republican party:

They don't seem to want to reform healthcare. I think it needs it. BAD. I am willing to give this new system a try before automatically bashing it. I like how I can't be turned down because of pre-existing conditions. I like that pharmacy is now required. In reality, I like what I have seen when looking at the plans. Perhaps since I have a pre-existing condition I'm looking at the whole picture of comparing everything I spend with my current policy including what it does not cover and what I will spend on any new policy with more coverage.

I have absolutely no problems with abortion.

Even though I consider myself a christian, believe in god and am against all this anti god stuff going on, I believe in evolution. I believe in the bible but it is a history book based on it's time. Meaning I believe the stories are based on facts and perception of the time it was written. The world at that time was not very large and people didn't have modern science to explain the happenings around them.

And though I never have and never will smoke pot, I am all for legalizing it.
none of that sounds very conservative.

Old 10-22-2013, 10:58 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wkennyn View Post
I think this is a fun exercise...one of my favorite professors used to make us do this so I figure it may be of interest to some.

What do you dislike most about your side of the political aisle?

I consider myself very liberal, but I HATE overly PC people and race-baiters. The "PC" police thing that liberals often go for just kills me. I am probably one of the least PC people that you'd ever meet and I'm pretty much never offended. People often throw out that the GOP and Tea Party are racists because the policies they espouse. I don't believe that for a second and to me it's a cop-out to say so.

Well...that's what I hate about my side.

Any other takers?
What I hate the most about my side is the insistence that we HAVE to go to war, and that we should, 'level that country and turn it in to a parking lot'. God that irritates me.

And I also hate that if you give two whits about animal welfare, or even have a concern for the environment, (no, I'm not talking about that farce called 'global warming'), then you are not really a Conservative.

Not all Conservatives think that way, but I know many of them, personally, who do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies