Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2013, 07:59 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Ths school could have called the parents and 9 11. If the child had fallen and broken an arm, would the school have contacted the parent and waited for the parent to act? What if the parent was not able to be contacted?

The school should be responsible for the child safety until the parent or EMS arrives; not up until the parent is contacted.
Regardless.

If MY child had a chronic illness, and I got a call from the school that they were not feeling well, I wouldn't trust anyone with my childs life in their hands.

Lazy, stupid parents.

Another "big brother will save us" mentality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2013, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Each state is different in its rules for what a school can do for a student during an emergency. Without knowing the rules in PA, or even the school system protocols, it's almost impossible from this vantage point to say who was a fault, or if anyone was. What someone would consider "common sense", no matter which side you come down on here, may not apply.

Is this tragic? Yes. Will there be lawsuits? Undoubtedly.

My question is: did the student have a rescue inhaler at school, or EpiPens (assuming this was an allergic reaction)?
No.

In fact, the lazy asses didn't even have the sense to have her inhaler ready when she came home.....she had to "run" upstairs to get to it.

Of course, the lazy, stupid asses will sue the school system, further depleting resources needed for education.

Old 10-18-2013, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurefinder View Post
OP, I see you are one of those who will make everything about politics. If the girl said he couldn't breathe y should've called 911. It's as simple as that.
I see that once again, stupid, lazy people blame the "system" instead of having the sense to GO GET YOUR CHILD!

It's political because they are blaming gov Corbett for budget cuts.

Had they actually gotten off their lazy asses and rushed to the school, (with her inhaler), she would still be alive.

Old 10-18-2013, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
I'm not seeing the political connection here..
That's because you didn't see where the governor of Pa. is being blamed for budget cuts.

Old 10-18-2013, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
There are a million reasons why the parents couldn't come pick the child up. My parents worked over an hour from my school in elementary school. By the time they were able to finagle time off (which is not always possible) and finish up stuff in the office, it would be more than 2 hours before they could pick me up. It seems like in this case, waiting 2 hours was probably already too late. As a result, my parents had a rule: unless something was broken, I was throwing up, or the school DETERMINED IT WAS AN EMERGENCY BY SENDING ME TO THE ER, they would not pick me up. This was to curtail the old "I've got the sniffles and want to go home before a test" situation.

Today, some people have to chose between leaving to take care of a sick kid or losing their job. The article indicates that the school just told the parents that the child "wasn't feeling well." It's allergy and cold season - I haven't "felt well" in a week but still go to work every day (along with a lot of other allergy sufferers sneezing and coughing through). I don't know from the article that the school communicated that the girl was having difficulty breathing. If that was the case, especially with a known case of asthma, calling the parents should have been the 2nd phone call after calling 911 and figuring out which hospital the child would be taken to.
They were both at home. The dad was "tired".

Anyway, they were conditioned by our new America to trust the "system".

Old 10-18-2013, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturningWest View Post
Ditto and why do you assume they are dems
A) They're black

B) They neglected to get off their asses to help their child.

Old 10-18-2013, 08:13 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
They were both at home. The dad was "tired".

Anyway, they were conditioned by our new America to trust the "system".
Where does it say that in the article the op posted.

Old 10-18-2013, 08:13 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post

Both the parents and the school are culpable in this case. The only one that suffered was the little girl suffocating to death while everyone around her stood by with their fingers up their asses. BOTH the parents and school faculty should be held accountable.
I'm right there with you.

Old 10-18-2013, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
I would like to know what those parents were doing when the school called them. When the school volunteer drove the girl home (because they wouldn't pick her up), her dad was at home, not work. So was he sitting at home the whole time assuming the school was taking care of his daughter? That's what it sounds like. He clearly was home when she was brought there, so he could have had his ass at school instead. If your child is sick, get your butt in the car and go take care of her.
Poor girl.
Exactly.

Place the blame where it lies....squarely on the fathers shoulders.

I hope he enjoyed his nap.

What a disgrace.

Old 10-18-2013, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Where does it say that in the article the op posted.
I am the OP.

I saw him interviewed (with his lawyer of course).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies