Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2013, 07:58 AM

1,519 posts, read 1,227,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy-Schmancy View Post
Jesus also said that people should pray quietly, indoors, in the depths of their hearts. Not loudly, blatantly, and on television...funny how so many Christians forget about that. But then they seem to forget a lot of what Christ actually said.
Frankly, many American "Christians" make the skin of European Christians crawl. They are amazed how US "Christians" have managed to reconcile violence and discrimination with the ideals of Christ while downplaying charity by stating that those in need are moochers. The self-proclaimed "Christians" have taken "Christ" out of just about everything - including Christmas, which is nothing other than a commercial celebration of materialism.

Old 10-20-2013, 08:01 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy-Schmancy View Post
It is amazing to me that so many 'straight' men seem to spend an awful lot of their time picturing what two gay men do in their own bedrooms....
What makes you think they "picture" it? The homos openly speak of it.

Old 10-20-2013, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
There is not one single reason to oppose same sex marriage that doesn't arise from bigotry, hatred, fear, ignorance, or some combination of those things. Not one.
Well, in all fairness, there might be reasons that don't arise from bigotry, hatred, and fear.

However, I have yet to find one single reason that, when applied logically and equally to heterosexuals, can be sustained. Thus, I will agree that ignorance does play a big part in such faulty reasoning and that the majority of such arguments (those that are not rooted in bigotry, hatred, and fear) simply stem from selectively applying certain "rules" to certain people.

Old 10-20-2013, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
yup. every gay on earth is butthurt. literally.
Ah, you are one of those people who immediately sees males when they hear/read "gay." And of course, ALL gay men engage in anal sex. They probably all wear black latex while doing it, too.

Meanwhile, you probably sit in front of your computer and masturbate to two women making out. But hey, they are hot - so that's different.

Old 10-20-2013, 08:06 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
None of your posts have ever demonstrated a Christ-like attitude, so don't expect us to take your Biblical view as relevant, seeing as you don't bear good fruit.
What is a Christ-like attitude, in your view? Are Christians not to share what God has said in his Word?

I stated what Jesus himself said, quoting scripture. Does Jesus not have a Christ-like attitude?

In Matthew 23, Jesus is condemning the false spiritual leaders. That is not my Biblical view. That is what the chapter is about.

Old 10-20-2013, 08:08 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,776,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Could you point me to the exact scripture reference where he says that please? Because, I think you are misinterpreting that. If what you say is true, Jesus would be saying Pastors and teachers could not lead a group in prayer, and I don't think Jeus would be against Christian Bible teaching on Radio, and opening in prayer etc.

Where do you find this?
Matthew 6:5

“And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 6But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

Old 10-20-2013, 08:10 AM

Quote:
What is a Christ-like attitude, in your view? Are Christians not to share what God has said in his Word?
Non-judgmental, compassionate, loving. Not self-righteous, indignant, and insulting. You insult liberals, you insult anyone who disagrees with you, you act self-righteous and arrogant. There are 38,000 denominations of Christianity who can't agree on everything in the Bible. Your interpretation is not infallible.

Old 10-20-2013, 08:12 AM

Quote:
What makes you think they "picture" it? The homos openly speak of it.
Anti-gays spend more time talking about gay sex than gays do. And calling them "homos" is a perfect example of your non-Christ like attitude.

Old 10-20-2013, 08:17 AM

Quote:

I stated what Jesus himself said, quoting scripture. Does Jesus not have a Christ-like attitude?

In Matthew 23, Jesus is condemning the false spiritual leaders. That is not my Biblical view. That is what the chapter is about.
Ah, yes - you ARE to share the word of Christ. You are not, however, to use the word of Christ to attempt and deprive other of their rights. Most certainly NOT in a society that separates church and state.

Old 10-20-2013, 08:19 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
You have never read the Bible, and you don't want to. You do not believe it is God's Word, given to mankind through his Prophets and through the written words of men who wrote as they were led by the Holy Spirit.

You do not believe in God or the Holy Spirit of God, or his Son, Jesus, who was God in human form.

Therefore, why should I tell you where to find anything? You only want to use it to mock and ridicule.

You are happy in your unbelief, and your sin, and you take pleasure in mocking believers. That is what evil does. As Jesus told the unbelivers of his day, "Your father is the devil."

Until you seek God, and and ask forgiveness for your sins, and He chages you by his power (changes your mind, makes you into a new person, you are 'born again' as a new creation) you cannot understand that which is spiritually discerned. You cannot understand God's Word.

If you seek God, and ask forgiveness, He will hear you, and you will be saved. Then you will have the desire to know Him and his Word. You are a new creation.
Actually I have read the bible, and no where in it says homosexuality is a sin. If it did, you would be able to tell me which section it is in rather than going on these pointless religious rants about fiction.

it is going to be a sad moment for you the moment you realize there is no such thing as god, but at that moment you will be dead, so it won't really matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies