Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2013, 08:14 AM

3,417 posts, read 3,072,806 times

Advertisements

I've still have never gotten a straight answer about this. Ted Cruz is certainly the flavor of the month, toast of the town, knight in shining armor for the tea party. He appears to be the true conservative that republicans claim they need to win elections. What confuses me is, you guys had that in the last election with michelle bachmann. In my opinion, she makes ted cruz sound like a democrat. Why didn't voters turn out for her. She was Ted Cruz before Ted Cruz existed. Was she not a true conservative?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2013, 08:17 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,045,063 times
In the absence of our conservative friends allow me:

Cruz only had to bamboozle the people of Texas, there just aren't that many crazies in the rest of the country where presidential elections are won.

Old 10-23-2013, 08:21 AM

37,802 posts, read 41,008,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
I've still have never gotten a straight answer about this. Ted Cruz is certainly the flavor of the month, toast of the town, knight in shining armor for the tea party. He appears to be the true conservative that republicans claim they need to win elections. What confuses me is, you guys had that in the last election with michelle bachmann. In my opinion, she makes ted cruz sound like a democrat. Why didn't voters turn out for her. She was Ted Cruz before Ted Cruz existed. Was she not a true conservative?
Do you remember WHEN she dropped out of the race?

"Rep. Michele Bachmann suspended her presidential campaign after placing sixth in Tuesday’s Iowa Republican caucuses, she announced today."

Michele Bachmann Drops Out of Presidential Race - ABC News

So, she only went through one primary state. How do you vote for someone no longer in the race?

Old 10-23-2013, 08:21 AM

624 posts, read 939,580 times
I think MB tainted her brand too much with some of the crazy talk. Most Repubs I know think she's a bad face for the party.

Old 10-23-2013, 08:26 AM

3,417 posts, read 3,072,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post

"Rep. Michele Bachmann suspended her presidential campaign after placing sixth in Tuesday’s Iowa Republican caucuses, she announced today."

So, she only went through one primary state. How do you vote for someone no longer in the race?
but why did she place 6th, she is a true conservative, she is also bat**** crazy, but still a true conservative.

Old 10-23-2013, 08:27 AM

13,714 posts, read 31,173,187 times
Michelle Bachmann repeatedly demonstrated that she wasn't intelligent enough to be a real candidate for president. She had some subjective appeal as an attractive female Republican, but her social conservatism went too far. Rick Santorum had similar political views.

Ted Cruz may flame out - but he is articulate, relentless, fearless, and talks much more about national issues. MB showed she is goofy, makes things up, and is otherwise very un-presidential.

As far as winning his Senate seat in Texas - can't the Democrats put forth better candidates? The reason Rick Perry has won over and over is not because Texans think highly of him - it is because the Democrats put up awful candidates. Proverbial lesser of two evils position.

Last edited by hoffdano; 10-23-2013 at 08:42 AM..

Old 10-27-2013, 10:29 PM

37,802 posts, read 41,008,695 times
Quote:
but why did she place 6th, she is a true conservative, she is also bat**** crazy, but still a true conservative.
I'd like to think you indirectly made the case for why state primary order of voting should be rotated instead of the same states, every presidential election year, winnowing candidates in both parties.

Old 10-27-2013, 10:35 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,005,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post

Good point.

Harrier had been an independent voter for 14 years(since he turned 18) before the 2008 primaries, then he became a Republican so that he could vote for Fred Thompson.

Thompson dropped out of the race before California held its late primary, so Harrier had to settle for John McCain.

The OP's thread = MASSIVE FAIL!!!

Old 10-27-2013, 10:36 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,005,925 times
Quote:
The primary was in Iowa - a state with few true conservatives.

They allow gay marriage, don't they?

Steve King is the exception.

Old 10-27-2013, 11:18 PM

29,819 posts, read 24,902,718 times
MB was a crazy conservative science experiment gone wrong in a basement somewhere, that's why.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies