Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 07:44 AM

1,615 posts, read 2,575,584 times

Advertisements

Mitt Romney might not care about the gay vote because we're only around 5% of the population, but if you include our families and close friends that number would mean that many more people are guaranteed not to vote for you. if you are against gay rights.

i have a mother and father and brother and sister and a close friend, who all would definitely NOT vote for Mitt Romney or MOST republicans and it's all because i'm gay. some of them used to vote republican at least half the time but now they never do if that republican is an anti gay republican in ANY WAY. they vote this way because of ME.

if you figure this in doesn't the gay vote actually go up to close to 30-40 percent of the population?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2012, 07:53 AM

507 posts, read 1,538,053 times
I have about 100 reason to not vote Republican next November and the stance on gays is one them. I agree with you that anyone who loves a gay person does not want a bigot in the white house.

Don't worry Romney will NEVER get elected. You can pretty much count on Obama for a second term.

Old 05-07-2012, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrainOfSalt View Post
I have about 100 reason to not vote Republican next November and the stance on gays is one them. I agree with you that anyone who loves a gay person does not want a bigot in the white house.

Don't worry Romney will NEVER get elected. You can pretty much count on Obama for a second term.
i hope so

Old 05-07-2012, 08:02 AM

59 posts, read 46,444 times
Most people don't care if you're gay or not so it really has no effect on how they vote.

If your number one concern while voting this November is "gay rights" well you probably need to reevaluate your priorities.

Old 05-07-2012, 08:04 AM

2,472 posts, read 3,198,960 times
I used to not understand why republicans are so ignorant and wished they would use common sense, but then I realized it's good for them to expose their ignorance so people will see them for who they are.

We want them to lose votes, so as far as I'm concerned, I hope more of these wackos keep running their mouths.

Old 05-07-2012, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip McNeely View Post
Most people don't care if you're gay or not so it really has no effect on how they vote.

If your number one concern while voting this November is "gay rights" well you probably need to reevaluate your priorities.

it's certainly up there. it concerns my family and friends enough so that some of them won't vote republican over it. it's one of those things that might not be there number one issue but it will guarantee you don't get a vote from them if you're anit gay at all.

Old 05-07-2012, 08:07 AM

49 posts, read 84,862 times
You need to realise that the parties only target the few percent of voters who are swing voters. Neither party is going risk losing those middle-ground voters to appease people who they know will/will not vote for them anyway.

The few million swing voters decide elections, not the 50 million who will vote for their chosen party regardless. Learn that and you'll understand why the parties make the decisions they make.

Old 05-07-2012, 08:08 AM

59 posts, read 46,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
it's certainly up there. it concerns my family and friends enough so that some of them won't vote republican over it. it's one of those things that might not be there number one issue but it will guarantee you don't get a vote from them if you're anit gay at all.
What exactly is their concern and how is Obama supporting "your cause?"

Old 05-07-2012, 08:10 AM

11,289 posts, read 26,209,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip McNeely View Post

I agree, although I think for a majority of people who disagree with Republicans on the gay stance, they aren't voting with gay rights as a top priority, it's just a very obvious and glaring example of Republicans being bigoted and judgemental against a group of citizens for no rational reason. People are born gay, there's nothing that can change that. It's not like they're out there destroying society or partaking in illegal or unethical acts. They're just trying to live their lives with the hand dealt to them.

Most people who I know that disagree with conservative republicans views on homosexuality are straight people. They disagree because it's offensive. It's certainly not their #1 issue they have in elections, but it doesn't help the Republican cause for a majority of Americans.

They don't need to embrace gay rights by any means, but at least stop outwardly fighting against them. History will look back on that with a lot of embarrassment.

Old 05-07-2012, 08:10 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,287,685 times
Exactly what is it that you think Obama will do in regards to gay rights? He's been in office for almost 4 years and he's done nothing, yet you think that he will transform into the Gay's Jesus in his second term?

And what is it in Romney's political or private history that has you thinking that he is going to be unfair to gays?

BTW, gay rights will be at the bottom of the concerns list for most Americans this November
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies