Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 07:39 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,218,878 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Yeah, I just find the whole thread funny as the OP and others are getting all excited over the possibility of re-electing a president that......doesn't support gay marriage.

Now I can completely understand why they don't like Romney....it's just wierd to see the excitement. It's like telling a kid that for Christmas they can either have a box with poop in it, or an empty box....and they just can't wait to open that empty box because at least it doesn't have poop in it!
Considering the source of the box contents, it's obvious gays are anxious to open the box for the treat inside... and it ain't gay marriage but smells like the truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2012, 07:45 PM

30,360 posts, read 51,970,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Exactly what is it that you think Obama will do in regards to gay rights? He's been in office for almost 4 years and he's done nothing
What about repealing DADT, and publicly stating his disapproval of a few states' anti-gay-marriage bill proposals? I'd say that counts as something, and it sure got my attention!

Old 05-07-2012, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
I would thaink the California vote on gay marriage settled this question as to where the question stands as far as influencing votes.
No it doesn't, considering our overall gay population isn't much higher (if at all) than the rest of the US... or do you think San Francisco and West Hollywood, two fairly small populations in the big picture, represent the entire state? Not to mention, support for gay marriage has soared since Prop8 passed. FYI, many people polled have stated they regret voting for the Proposition, and would vote against it today. Hmmmm.

Old 05-07-2012, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Wow. Who knew that having a gay brother or sister or son or daughter automatically obligated the family member to vote Democrat...
It doesn't automatically mean anything, but he does have a valid point. I'm the sister, cousin, niece, and close friend of gay people - and the issue DOES matter to me as a result. It's not the only issue that matters, but it certainly plays a role in my decisions at the voting booth. Wish the Dems were doing more for gay rights, but they're certainly better than the Republicans, and there aren't any viable Libertarian candidates for me to support right now.

Old 05-07-2012, 07:51 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,204,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
I would thaink the California vote on gay marriage settled this question as to where the question stands as far as influencing votes.
Sorry, but you cannot vote to take away rights guaranteed by the constitution.

Old 05-07-2012, 07:52 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,399,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SityData View Post
With people like you & Obama- we are assured - the destruction of America will finally be complete!

YOU HAVE MUCH to be very proud of !!

History shows us very plainly what happens when people adopt this perverse attitude that is AGAINST THE LAWS OF NATURE!

Rome embraced homosexuality - find out what REALLY happened to the 12 Caesars that had ultimate power over Rome & the world.

Study & find out what happened to Sodom & Gomorrah

Study & find out what REALLY happened in Greece

You don't care!

Ever since don't ask don't tell was repealed by skewing the figures to the opposite of what they truly were. 75% OPPOSED - this law.

So the Obama administration lied about the truth (as usual)

Now military rapes against men have been soaring!

The gay vote = 2% of the population.

Yes we need Obama for 4 more years - he hasn't done enough yet to destroy America.

Eternal Life or Eternal Death - It is your choice! Why you choose death over life is beyond my ability to comprehend.

You can deny the existence of God all you want (now) But soon you will be standing face to face. NOTHING you can say or do will ever change God's eternal LAWS.
BREAKING NEWS:

Military rapes against men have been soaring since the repeal of DADT. Our source tells us that they specifically targeting special operation forces such as Navy Seals, Marine Force Recon, Delta Force and special units of the CIA.
More details are forthcoming as soon as we hear from our reporter that is embedded in the Church of the Walrus Blubber Worshipers stationed in one of our far reaching states.

Old 05-07-2012, 08:00 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,204,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Wow. Who knew that having a gay brother or sister or son or daughter automatically obligated the family member to vote Democrat...

My Uncle was a General. Do I have to vote for the GOP every single election?
It doesn't, but it does give a reason to vote to someone that might not have voted otherwise. Funny how people tend to support the issues of their friends and family when asked. Single issue voters are difficult to sway.

Old 05-07-2012, 08:02 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legally Speaking View Post
It should be the latter. They were born with equal rights as the majority of the citizens of this country have been. They are protected under the same laws as everyone else. For them (a minority) to force the majority of people to change the laws of this nation to satisfy their lifestyle is unwarranted.
Then they need to be removed from the 'endangered species' list (hate-crime list).

Old 05-07-2012, 08:05 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baxendale View Post
BREAKING NEWS:

Military rapes against men have been soaring since the repeal of DADT. Our source tells us that they specifically targeting special operation forces such as Navy Seals, Marine Force Recon, Delta Force and special units of the CIA.
I am not buying it. Only someone with a death wish would try to rape a Navy Seal. You just made that up didn't you?

Old 05-07-2012, 08:40 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,259,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post

Incidentally, Biden was on Meet the Press this weekend backing same sex marriage. What's Romney's position on same sex marriage? Oh right, he supports writing discrimination into the US constitution.
OMG - I was so proud of Biden for speaking out the way he did......and so eloquently and with such compassion.

Quote:
“Who do you love? Who do you love and will you be loyal to the person you love?” Biden said, “And that’s what people are finding out what all marriages at their root are about.”

Who can argue with that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies