Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 12:14 AM

1,329 posts, read 832,419 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
Which is it going to be? Gays are to be pigeon-holed into a special "victim" class with special protections and "rights" or gays are to be elevated to full and equal status as American citizens without regard for their sexual orientation? It can't be both ways.
Without regard to their sexual orientation? So basicly people have to stop being persons with their own lives? What you are basicly asking for is people to deny who they are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2012, 12:24 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,256,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SityData View Post
So now you force a new definition of marriage and trample on that was established by God alone - Gay Pride parades and more filth; next came gay marriage - now you want to take our rights away.
So, what rights will you lose when - not if - marriage equality becomes the law of the land?

Please list them.

Thank you and god bless.

Old 05-08-2012, 12:54 AM

409 posts, read 254,484 times
If a lot of your family and friends all decided to jump a off a cliff you would too?

Old 05-08-2012, 12:57 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,256,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheNameOfGod View Post
If a lot of your family and friends all decided to jump a off a cliff you would too?
What does jumping off a cliff have to do with the subject of this thread?

Maybe you would like to start your own thread about cliff jumping, 'eh?

Old 05-08-2012, 01:11 AM

30,357 posts, read 51,950,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheNameOfGod View Post
I am capable of making my own decisions, and that decision is to vote for Obama... I don't even know who my friends & family are voting for, but thanks for playing.

Old 05-08-2012, 01:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SityData View Post
Our motto in this country - is: In God We Trust - 90% of the population in this country believes in God! NOW YOU WANT: to change; our national motto? For perverted sex we lust?
That motto wasn't adopted until 1956 (during the Red Scare, when they also added G-d to our Pledge of Allegiance & money), and prior to that it was unofficially E Pluribus Unum - "Out of many, one." To me that implies a unity and solidarity among Americans, which in my opinion includes gay people too. We are also supposed to uphold the belief that all men/women are created equal, and that we all have the right to pursue life, liberty and happiness. Guess you only think that applies to straight Christians? Stop twisting what this country stands for, please.

Btw, that 90% figure doesn't represent the number of Christians alone... it also includes people of other religions, deists (who don't subscribe to any organized religion), and I'm sure a good percentage who only say "yes" to avoid personal guilt. If you ask me I will say I believe, but most people who know me realize that's more a superstitious answer than anything. Oh yeah, and even many who ARE Christian would disagree with your position on gay rights - as evidenced by the number of gay-friendly churches we have, some of which even fly a rainbow flag beside the cross. Bet that really makes your head want to explode!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...dly_church.jpg
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/ni/janes.jpg
http://www.seattlerex.com/wp-content...dly_church.jpg (just noticed this church is at the corner of Broadway & Republican - LMAO)

Last edited by gizmo980; 05-08-2012 at 01:41 AM..

Old 05-08-2012, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Gary Johnson says you can smoke dope and have a polygamous gay lifestyle if you vote for him...
Since I've never heard of him, I would assume he isn't exactly a front-runner... so that would be a waste of a vote, no? I know my vote doesn't matter much anyway, since I live in California, but I usually aim for somebody who at least has a CHANCE.

Old 05-08-2012, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Then they need to be removed from the 'endangered species' list (hate-crime list).
There is no "hate crime list," and I really wish people would learn about these laws already... because I'm getting rather sick of explaining it over & over. For the last time, anyone can be either a victim of or perpetrator of a hate crime - black, white, straight, gay, Christian, Atheist, and everything in-between. ANYONE.

I think you meant to say they shouldn't be a protected class, but again that really doesn't mean what you think. It only means you cannot be discriminated against (i.e. in regards to employment or housing) based on sexual orientation, and that ALSO includes heterosexuals and bisexuals. If you were denied housing or employment for being straight, that level of protected class discrimination would apply to you too. Are we clear now?

Old 05-08-2012, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
And the mormon church were big supporters of Proposition 8.

Just sayin'...............
Yup. The Mormon Church basically funded the whole campaign, and given their fat wallets, the LGBTQ organizations just couldn't match their expenditures... so they didn't really bother with any counter-campaigning, probably because they never imagined it would pass anyway. In retrospect, most of them now wish they'd fought back!

Old 05-08-2012, 01:50 AM

2,725 posts, read 5,981,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganusn View Post
I used to not understand why republicans are so ignorant and wished they would use common sense, but then I realized it's good for them to expose their ignorance so people will see them for who they are.

We want them to lose votes, so as far as I'm concerned, I hope more of these wackos keep running their mouths.
Why in the world would they start up on women's rights, I think we can thank Santorium for part of that issue, along with plenty of others.

Their christian values? what a laugh.

All they are doing is trying to change laws or have changed laws in their state, Scott Walker should be ashamed, I could go on but its all a mess and a shame, I watch BBC once in awhile, its good to hear what the UK are saying about what's happening here. The UK matters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies