Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 09:35 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,462,518 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
Mitt Romney might not care about the gay vote because we're only around 5% of the population, but if you include our families and close friends that number would mean that many more people are guaranteed not to vote for you. if you are against gay rights.

i have a mother and father and brother and sister and a close friend, who all would definitely NOT vote for Mitt Romney or MOST republicans and it's all because i'm gay. some of them used to vote republican at least half the time but now they never do if that republican is an anti gay republican in ANY WAY. they vote this way because of ME.

if you figure this in doesn't the gay vote actually go up to close to 30-40 percent of the population?

Look at Cheney. It's easy to be an arsehole...until it's your kid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2012, 11:38 PM

57 posts, read 307,319 times
What a sick twisted issue.

Old 05-10-2012, 03:08 AM

5,365 posts, read 6,334,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HstoryBooks View Post
What a sick twisted issue.
How so?

Old 05-10-2012, 04:05 AM

27,213 posts, read 46,728,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
Mitt Romney might not care about the gay vote because we're only around 5% of the population, but if you include our families and close friends that number would mean that many more people are guaranteed not to vote for you. if you are against gay rights.

i have a mother and father and brother and sister and a close friend, who all would definitely NOT vote for Mitt Romney or MOST republicans and it's all because i'm gay. some of them used to vote republican at least half the time but now they never do if that republican is an anti gay republican in ANY WAY. they vote this way because of ME.

if you figure this in doesn't the gay vote actually go up to close to 30-40 percent of the population?
I know many gay people and many of them are against the gay marriage but just want the same rights! So your statement is based on non sense to me!

Old 05-10-2012, 04:16 AM

26,469 posts, read 15,057,355 times
I think more people will care about the economy than gay marriage.

How can any gay person trust Obama on gay marriage? He is still advocating the state by state method - so he is saying it is out of his hands.....meanwhile Obama has literally been for gay marriage, then against gay marriage, then for gay marriage a 2nd time, then against gay marriage a 2nd time, then for gay marriage now for his 3rd time.....wow what a great leader!

Obama doesn't flip flop, he evolves - yeah right.

Old 05-10-2012, 04:26 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,280,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Exactly, the whole issue of gay marriage is one giant deflection from the rightwing to duck the question of what they are going to do to improve the economy and get jobs back to Americans.So far all i've heard is they are going to slash government departments and programs till the budget balances.
You really think some one who has lost his job or is unemployed gives a rats ass if some guy down the street wants to marry his boy friend?= a total non issue/tempest in a teapot propped up by the right.

Old 05-10-2012, 04:33 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,666,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Cinebar I'm right there with you. We live in Washington State where everyone is respected. This North Carolina vote is sickening to see and if you read the rhetoric from those in North Carolina that support it, it will make you angry. My mental image has them all toothless.
And somehow, you don't have a clue how ridiculous you are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post

How can any gay person trust Obama on gay marriage? He is still advocating the state by state method - so he is saying it is out of his hands.....meanwhile Obama has literally been for gay marriage, then against gay marriage, then for gay marriage a 2nd time, then against gay marriage a 2nd time, then for gay marriage now for his 3rd time.....wow what a great leader!

Obama doesn't flip flop, he evolves - yeah right.
Yet somehow, they think they got some kind of victory yesterday. I'm not sure how that works; I'm just glad I don't have their multicolored blinders on.

Old 05-10-2012, 05:07 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,849,529 times
The Repubs are just trying to take advantage of a hot spot issue that a lot of simple minded people feel is a big deal.

Old 05-10-2012, 06:40 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,366,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Looks like after today's news, the joke might be on you.

That's fine.

If Obama wants to run around the country campaigning on gay marriage and the "war on women" while Romney campaigns on jobs and the economy, don't let me get in the way.

Old 05-10-2012, 08:05 AM

3,550 posts, read 2,555,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
Sounds like some hate filled Canadian Jews have trouble living with the laws of canada. Religions don't dictate to the government or trump the laws of the land.
sound like gay terrorists are a bunch of cry baby's who would jail anyone one who thought they were a bunch of sinners.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies