Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2013, 11:05 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
No, but they should be respectful... Common courtesy...
He didn't earn my respect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2013, 11:08 AM

Quote:
No, but they should be respectful... Common courtesy...
Since when should we show "common courtesy" to a president that uses the bully pulpit to tell Americans like me who work hard, pays my bills, provides jobs, pays "a lot" of taxes is the enemy.

Obama and Reid disrespected alot of Americans and then expects us to respect him. You call that a president that deserves "common courtesy"?

"You didn't build that"

Last edited by petch751; 10-24-2013 at 11:55 AM..

Old 10-24-2013, 11:08 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
Good for Pete. I have a buddy that will be meeting with Pete shortly. I intend to pass along my congratulations.

And Joe Wilson spoke truth to power.

Both are far more honorable that the infestor of the oval office.

Old 10-24-2013, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter31 View Post
Oh no...someone stated a personal opinion?!?! How treasonous!! What about the multitude of comments made on the house and senate floor that are worse than this?
Treason! They don't agree with Obama so they are the Taliban. How DARE anyone not kiss Obama's ass.

Old 10-24-2013, 11:12 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Can't believe Texas elected trash like this to represent them... This is probably the most disrespectful thing said to our President by an elected representative since the Joe"you lie" Wilson deal...

Harry Reid Told Caucus That Pete Sessions Was Behind Obama Insult, Senators Say
Isn't this sorta like the game we played as kids: we called it gossip; someone whispered something in a kids ear and the kids repeated it as he/she heard it and then this continued til it got back to the kid who started it. So you are believing this, because someone said it happened and then someone said they heard it was said. Maybe he did say that, is that any worst than a congressman comparing the Tea Party to the KKK? Is it required we all respect the President? I know I respect the office but I don't have to respect the person who holds it and I really don't.

Old 10-24-2013, 11:17 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Can't believe Texas elected trash like this to represent them... This is probably the most disrespectful thing said to our President by an elected representative since the Joe"you lie" Wilson deal...

Harry Reid Told Caucus That Pete Sessions Was Behind Obama Insult, Senators Say
did you even bother to read your own link? and i mean further down than just the headline?

[quote]“While the quote attributed to a Republican lawmaker in the House GOP meeting with the President is not accurate, there was a miscommunication when the White House read out that meeting to Senate Democrats, and we regret the misunderstanding," the official said in a statement.[quote]

second the confirmation of this supposed slight came from second hand sources that were not even at the meeting in question. but a nice failure on your part.

Old 10-24-2013, 11:39 AM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
did you even bother to read your own link? and i mean further down than just the headline?

Quote:
“While the quote attributed to a Republican lawmaker in the House GOP meeting with the President is not accurate, there was a miscommunication when the White House read out that meeting to Senate Democrats, and we regret the misunderstanding," the official said in a statement.
second the confirmation of this supposed slight came from second hand sources that were not even at the meeting in question. but a nice failure on your part.

HAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Old 10-24-2013, 11:47 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,134,390 times
[quote=rbohm;31942732]did you even bother to read your own link? and i mean further down than just the headline?

[quote]“While the quote attributed to a Republican lawmaker in the House GOP meeting with the President is not accurate, there was a miscommunication when the White House read out that meeting to Senate Democrats, and we regret the misunderstanding," the official said in a statement.
Quote:

Yes I read it. It was hearsay... But if it did happen it was despicable...

Old 10-24-2013, 11:50 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,730,610 times
Quote:

“While the quote attributed to a Republican lawmaker in the House GOP meeting with the President is not accurate, there was a miscommunication when the White House read out that meeting to Senate Democrats, and we regret the misunderstanding," the official said in a statement.

Sounds like the White House lied to Senate Dems. They should publicly apologize to Pete Sessions.

Old 10-24-2013, 11:59 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
So everyone is supposed to bow and kiss his presidential ring or something?
No, but you are supposed to be appropriately respectful to the President of the United States. This is tantamount to an enlisted man in the military not saluting a superior officer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies