Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2013, 11:42 PM

702 posts, read 726,810 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
That's cause Cruz knows the people who vote for him are idiots.
That's called 'playing to the base'.

Old 10-26-2013, 02:55 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,046,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Well, here’s some medical research we hadn’t heard about. Generations Radio host Kevin Swanson, who last week delved memorably into feminist theory, tells us this week that “certain doctors and certain scientists” have researched the wombs of women on the pill and found “there are these little tiny fetuses, these little babies, that are embedded into the womb…Those wombs of women who have been on the birth control pill effectively have become graveyards for lots and lots of little babies.” - See more at: Swanson: Wombs of Women on Birth Control 'Embedded' with 'Dead Babies' | Right Wing Watch

You can't argue with science.

<snicker>

Speaks volumes about the lack of intelligence/gullibility of the Republican base, doesn't it?

Old 10-26-2013, 03:02 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
So, Cruz is a crazier Rick Santorum. No surprises here.
He's just another member of the "my way or the highway" nuts that like to impose their opinions on others, I guess to compensate for their own failings of confidence in their selves.

Old 10-26-2013, 05:33 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,364,053 times
No issues with paying for ED drugs. Which, really, is not serving any medical need. Purely recreational.

As always, if men got pregnant, there would be no discussion about abortions, birth control, or any other issues, as men would already have it on the books, as a right....

Old 10-26-2013, 05:38 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
The problem is we have a law, Obamacare. It doesn't work very well and what does work isn't what we were told it would be.

When he wants to ignore parts of the law, Obama simply ignores it and does whatever he wants. So really, what might not be true today very well could be true tomorrow or is true we just haven't been privy to the supreme ruling from above.

Old 10-26-2013, 07:21 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,366,055 times
[/quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Now that you mention it, Texas is attempting to surpress women's voting rights...

Texas Republicans Find A Way To Disenfranchise Women Voters | The New Civil Rights Movement

Oh brother, did you read the link that organization gave as proof.

Quote:
Voters may use IDs that do not exactly match the name on their IDs if the names
are substantially similar but will have to sign an affidavit stating they are
the same person.
Official: Voter ID law in effect | Denton Record Chronicle | News for Denton County, Texas

That site and you are telling a bald faced lies, yep I am calling you a lier and I have proof. That ignorant lying site is also trying to claim like only 66% of woman in Texas have ID, there is only one way to describe a person that would slurp that nonsense up

Old 10-26-2013, 08:44 AM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
Quote:
Well, here’s some medical research we hadn’t heard about. Generations Radio host Kevin Swanson, who last week delved memorably into feminist theory, tells us this week that “certain doctors and certain scientists” have researched the wombs of women on the pill and found “there are these little tiny fetuses, these little babies, that are embedded into the womb…Those wombs of women who have been on the birth control pill effectively have become graveyards for lots and lots of little babies.” - See more at: Swanson: Wombs of Women on Birth Control 'Embedded' with 'Dead Babies' | Right Wing Watch

<snicker>
Whooo. That is some SERIOUS crazy!

Old 10-26-2013, 08:50 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times
Oh brother, did you read the link that organization gave as proof.

Official: Voter ID law in effect | Denton Record Chronicle | News for Denton County, Texas

That site and you are telling a bald faced lies, yep I am calling you a lier and I have proof. That ignorant lying site is also trying to claim like only 66% of woman in Texas have ID, there is only one way to describe a person that would slurp that nonsense up [/quote]

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _
To Swingblade post #37 - I heard Hamid Karsai was thinking of modelling the Afghan voting laws after the Texas example, but scrapped the idea for being too restrictive.

Last edited by florida.bob; 10-26-2013 at 09:17 AM..

Old 10-26-2013, 08:51 AM

624 posts, read 939,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Why do liberals care about Ted Cruz's mischaracterization? You folks still get your desired multi-million abortions every year with or without Cruz or Obamacare. It sounds like you libs are scared that his mischaracterization will shed more light on your pro-abortion ideology. Man up and own your disgusting ideals instead of hiding behind Cruz and Obamacare.
Shed more light? I think everybody pretty much knows which party stands where on abortion. More like beating a dead horse. I don't see anybody hiding their stance on abortion.

IMO, a more disgusting ideal belongs to a political faction that would insist that children be born into a country where that same faction also wants to dismantle social programs to support them if they need it. Save the unborn, then punish them afterwards? Bash mothers who do have their babies but then dare to apply for welfare benefits to raise them if they need the support?

Cruz should be for FORCING contraception and abortions on people. It fits his greater world view much better.

Old 10-26-2013, 09:05 AM

641 posts, read 240,732 times
Quote:

<snicker>
Are you really expecting us to believe this man? Upon review of who he was I find he is telling his viewers to not buy Girl Scout cookies as the org. promotes lesbianism and abortion. WHAT??? I guess I missed that as I grew through the ranks from Brownie to Senior. Married my husband and had my children. I was a GS camp nurse, and certainly must have ignored being told to teach about loving another woman sexually and if you don't and choose a male, well then abortion is for you! What a crock of fear mongering. How dare this man! What frightens me is there are people who believe this. I see he home schools his 5 children, do you honestly think he will tell both sides of a story/history? I always believed home schooling was a good thing, but realize now that many children taught by people of this mindset are purposefully made ignorant. This is not acceptable. I think it may even be a form of child abuse, to willfully keep them in the dark about life beyound their front door. Shame.

Re' retained fetuses: He has no real science to back this claim. I imagine he also believes a woman won't get pregnant if raped "as her body shuts down and can't get pregnant". People that believe this may beyound ever believing facts. I don't know if they can be educated, but they must not be the ones educating our young.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies