Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2013, 12:13 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,969,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Meh, don't waste your time, sickofnyc. This guy's MO is:
Quote:
1. Post something outrageous.
you know, like "teapublicans are selfish old b@st@rds" or equivalent thereof

Quote:
2. Defend it consistently by saying that you're always right and the truth is whatever you say it is.
you know, like insisting that everyone knows you're correct and it's only the RWNJ's who want to hurt everyone who say these things... blah blah blah. you'd never be guilty of that, right?

Quote:
3. If someone calls you out on #2, say that the person doesn't have any argument so he/she is just insulting you instead.
you mean, like endlessly harping on 'wanting to starve children', 'following orders from the Koch brothers', 'teabagger (blah)' and so on and so forth.

Quote:
4. If someone calls you out again, deny that you ever said anything from #2.
you mean, if someone points out YOU deliberately twisted their statement to make a false argument... It's not fair to point it out. After all, you're the superior being, and you have the right to tell people what they REALLY mean, not what they said.

Quote:
He's only here to bolster his poor self-esteem by trying to convince total strangers how smart he is. It's sad, actually.
LOL!!! Right.

And how you talk about someone else in the thread as if they aren't around. You know, the loudly whispered insults and mockery shared between two giggling teenagers who're trying to put the new kid "in their place.."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2013, 01:26 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,654,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
The difference? Work ethic. Family culture. A culture of law abiding because of individual morality. Individual freedom. A nation of laws, not rulers. Not ruled by Islamic madmen. Defense of private property. Defense of ownership. Capitalism.

It is not the government that makes this country, it is the people. The people NEED NO GOVERNMENT to be virtuous and generous and respect each other's rights and liberties.
Those things do come into play, but so do the following things. Government and a network of modern businesses (that give us our goods and services.) We also need highways, railroads, electric power grids, and telephone communication for our businesses to provide us with goods and services.

But without the government we would not have our highway system, railroad system, telephone system, or our electric power grid (the US government helped build all those things.)

Without things like the EPA and FDA our businesses would have already polluted this country into a toxic wasteland, and we would all be taking dangerous unproven medicine.

And without the US government you would not even have a cell phone or GPS in your car (the US government created the technology and satellites that make those things work.)

And without government controlled Military, FBI, Police, and fire departments this country would be a lawless crime infested half burnt down crap hole. Or without government controlled building codes we would live in packed buildings that commonly fell down and burnt to the ground.

(Without the government we would not even have stop signs, stop lights, and lights along our streets.)

Without the US government we would not have the modern lifestyle we have today.

Last edited by chad3; 10-29-2013 at 01:47 PM..

Old 10-29-2013, 01:51 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Huh?

Say something coherent.

I'm on the "right" politically, because a long time ago, I made a commitment to not just accept things that were "everyone knows" kind of knowledge.

So, I choose to be correct. That means I always make great effort to be absolutely certain of what I know. And that I'm willing to change what I think anytime I find I've been wrong. I do not seek confirmation. I seek knowledge and truth. I choose to be correct, above all other things.

It's amazing what it gets you.

Oh, and I just love tweaking your type. You're so utterly certain of your superiority that anyone who writes what they think as if there's no question (as you do, but different POV), that you'll just go bananas. It happens all the time and you get unhinged every time.

Further, you're very, VERY afraid to debate the validity of what you think. So much so that neither you, nor any of your ideological soulmates will go within miles of doing so. That's why your arguments are all about my writing style, trying to convince people I'm a sociopath, that I must be lonely and miserable, that I'm personally pathetic, etc, etc... Seriously, I've only been watching you, and countless people like you... doing this for more than a decade. You have all the same tactics, the same arguments, the same thought processes and the same lack of logic.

You could, however, attempt to challenge me. I even try to get you to, by asking questions that should launch your thought processes and, if you have the superior mind, totally embarrass me with reason and conviction.

But you can't and won't.
So you have chosen to backpedal from your original statement. Of course no one can challenge your ideological concept that the right wing thinking is somehow always correct. You basically paint yourself into a box when you do that which has been very apparent in many of your posts.

Old 10-29-2013, 01:54 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
The difference? Work ethic. Family culture. A culture of law abiding because of individual morality. Individual freedom. A nation of laws, not rulers. Not ruled by Islamic madmen. Defense of private property. Defense of ownership. Capitalism.

It is not the government that makes this country, it is the people. The people NEED NO GOVERNMENT to be virtuous and generous and respect each other's rights and liberties.
So you are basically a Democrat, seeing I believe in all those same things, except for the fact that I have no interest living in a country with NO GOVERNMENT because I doubt you could point to a single country void of a government that you would call your ideal country.

Old 10-29-2013, 02:00 PM

1,507 posts, read 1,975,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
Businesses know how to allocate resources, strategically plan, prepare and execute. Those that do not know how, fail. That is the overarching difference, between private enterprise and government.

Government should be limited, because it is limited.
That is comparing apples and oranges. If your talking about market forces, that works on things that people don't need for a society to work or function as a society. Cars and a thing that can be built and sold by market forces and corporations, but public transportation to keep people moving is best run by government, Libraries, Police, Military,schools, and health care that are more important to keep the country up and running and safe than make a profit are better off in the hands of the Gov. State and Federal parks are better off in the hands of the Gov. than private interests. The right goes way too far on this crap and I hope they end up getting their ass handed to them in 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
Those things do come into play, but so do the following things. Government and a network of modern businesses (that give us our goods and services.) We also need highways, railroads, electric power grids, and telephone communication for our businesses to provide us with goods and services.
We don't need government to provide those, either.

Quote:
But without the government we would not have our highway system, railroad system, telephone system, or our electric power grid (the US government helped build all those things.)
Who says that's the best way? From what I can tell, federal involvement is a disaster.

Quote:
Without things like the EPA and FDA our businesses would have already polluted this country into a toxic wasteland, and we would all be taking dangerous unproven medicine.
Oh, gee. Right. As if states can't deal with such issues. Oh, and speak for yourself. You can always choose to educate yourself about medicines... Besides, the FDA lets us take lots of really dangerous and stupid things. And prohibits lots of good things, too.

Quote:
And without the US government you would not even have a cell phone or GPS in your car (the US government created the technology and satellites that make those things work.)
Right. We'd have something better.

Quote:
And without government controlled Military, FBI, Police, and fire departments this country would be a lawless crime infested half burnt down crap hole. Or without government controlled building codes we would live in packed buildings that commonly fell down and burnt to the ground.
All untrue.

Quote:
(Without the government we would not even have stop signs, stop lights, and lights along our streets.)
Untrue, again.

Quote:
Without the US government we would not have the modern lifestyle we have today.
It would be better.

5,563 posts, read 4,262,489 times
Quote:
you know, like "teapublicans are selfish old b@st@rds" or equivalent thereof

you know, like insisting that everyone knows you're correct and it's only the RWNJ's who want to hurt everyone who say these things... blah blah blah. you'd never be guilty of that, right?

you mean, like endlessly harping on 'wanting to starve children', 'following orders from the Koch brothers', 'teabagger (blah)' and so on and so forth.

you mean, if someone points out YOU deliberately twisted their statement to make a false argument... It's not fair to point it out. After all, you're the superior being, and you have the right to tell people what they REALLY mean, not what they said.

LOL!!! Right.

And how you talk about someone else in the thread as if they aren't around. You know, the loudly whispered insults and mockery shared between two giggling teenagers who're trying to put the new kid "in their place.."

And round and round … Just like I said.

Excellent work! You're getting better and better at Weasel 101. Bet you graduate to Weasel 102 by the end of the week! [insert thumbs up here]

Old 10-29-2013, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxondale351 View Post
That is comparing apples and oranges. If your talking about market forces, that works on things that people don't need for a society to work or function as a society. Cars and a thing that can be built and sold by market forces and corporations, but public transportation to keep people moving is best run by government, Libraries, Police, Military,schools, and health care that are more important to keep the country up and running and safe than make a profit are better off in the hands of the Gov. State and Federal parks are better off in the hands of the Gov. than private interests. The right goes way too far on this crap and I hope they end up getting their ass handed to them in 14
All absolutely untrue.

Old 10-29-2013, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
So you are basically a Democrat, seeing I believe in all those same things, except for the fact that I have no interest living in a country with NO GOVERNMENT because I doubt you could point to a single country void of a government that you would call your ideal country.
Where did I advocate "no government"?

I didn't. When you start responding to what is written, as is it written, then we can have an intelligent conversation. So, is your problem one of reading comprehension? Or is it one of dishonesty?

Old 10-29-2013, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
And round and round … Just like I said.

Excellent work! You're getting better and better at Weasel 101. Bet you graduate to Weasel 102 by the end of the week! [insert thumbs up here]
Y ou keep proving me right over and over.

conservatives talk about ideas... liberals tell you how bad other people are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies