Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2013, 10:01 AM

9,470 posts, read 6,969,002 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Someone needs to get thru to you that your internal record player needle is stuck. Repeating falsehoods over and over do not make them true. You have yet to produce even one example of how your la la land outlook and belief system has been proven to be effective, productive and successful ANYWHERE. And something tells me, you never will.
First: You have no idea what I believe in... And second, it is responsible for every good thing that has ever happened in this world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2013, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Yeah, you contradict yourself a lot. Try rereading the post I was quoting where you said the people NEED NO GOVERNMENT. I disagree with that statement. I like having government to help establish rules and laws for the people by the people to create a stable country.
I did not stop at the bolded part above as you did. In other words, by selective editing, your post is a lie. Flat out a lie.

Old 10-31-2013, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
Here's something to think about.

What do you like to do?

Answer: You like to mess with, harass, and mentally (torture) people in internet forums.
Not at all. You like to lie a lot. ????

Quote:
The US government helped give everyone electricity, telephone service, and internet access. Without the US government you would not have internet access today.

Perhaps in the future the US government will help create another technology, where you can carry on your preferred activities (in a way 100x better than you do now.)
Wow... Just wow. We have a "true believer" here. Equal in rationality to the cargo cult and it's almost incomprehensible ignorance.

Quote:
"careful what your dreaming cause it someday may come true"

"of all sad words of tongue or pen the saddest are these it might have been."
Dream of all encompassing and all controlling government and it's not a dream. It's already here.

Old 10-31-2013, 10:08 AM

Quote:
So you have chosen to backpedal from your original statement. Of course no one can challenge your ideological concept that the right wing thinking is somehow always correct. You basically paint yourself into a box when you do that which has been very apparent in many of your posts.
Wrong. You're using a set of incorrect and unwarranted assumptions.

And, you don't take anything at "face value". You "read into" everything your preconceptions, and then complain when someone points out they're wrong.

Old 10-31-2013, 10:09 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,123,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
First: You have no idea what I believe in... And second, it is responsible for every good thing that has ever happened in this world.
What is responsible...and what is every good thing that has happend in the world? You speak non-cohesively and in riddles. Is that intentional? If you are going to subscribe to a particular philosophy, you should learn to do more than just spew rhetoric. At least you should be able to explain the foundation and cornerstones of the belief system. I have yet to see you do that. Expound!

Old 10-31-2013, 10:12 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times
Quote:
I did not stop at the bolded part above as you did. In other words, by selective editing, your post is a lie. Flat out a lie.
Quote:
Wrong. You're using a set of incorrect and unwarranted assumptions.

And, you don't take anything at "face value". You "read into" everything your preconceptions, and then complain when someone points out they're wrong.
So you do actually think we need government, good to see you are moving your own goal posts.

Old 10-31-2013, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
What is responsible...and what is every good thing that has happend in the world? You speak non-cohesively and in riddles. Is that intentional?
No. I normally talk to intelligent people, who would know immediately what refers to.

It's the incentive humans have to benefit themselves by doing something better than what was before. Harnessing that incentive - capitalism - has brought us every good thing in the world we have.

Quote:
If you are going to subscribe to a particular philosophy, you should learn to do more than just spew rhetoric. At least you should be able to explain the foundation and cornerstones of the belief system. I have yet to see you do that. Expound!
[/quote]

Why? You have said you don't believe in anything but the power of government to do anything. Since you have rejected reality, there's little point in attempting to convince you otherwise. It will have to be a serendipitous epiphany.

Old 10-31-2013, 10:17 AM

Quote:
So you do actually think we need government, good to see you are moving your own goal posts.
Nope. I haven't changed an iota. You merely accused me of things and keep hoping to find that moment where your witticisms triumph in shutting me up.

Nowhere have I said no government is necessary. But it's only necessary for a very few things.

Old 10-31-2013, 10:18 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times
Quote:
Nope. I haven't changed an iota. You merely accused me of things and keep hoping to find that moment where your witticisms triumph in shutting me up.

Nowhere have I said no government is necessary. But it's only necessary for a very few things.
Sure you haven't ever said that, except for when you do say that.

Old 10-31-2013, 10:35 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,123,156 times
Quote:
No. I normally talk to intelligent people, who would know immediately what refers to.

It's the incentive humans have to benefit themselves by doing something better than what was before. Harnessing that incentive - capitalism - has brought us every good thing in the world we have.

Why? You have said you don't believe in anything but the power of government to do anything. Since you have rejected reality, there's little point in attempting to convince you otherwise. It will have to be a serendipitous epiphany.
Okay, right there in the bolded is the perfect example of either your poor reading comprehension or your being totally disingenuous. The bottom line is that you have no in-depth knowledge of the stances or philopsophies that you claim to believe, which would explain why you never can give concrete examples when asked. This is ubiquitous within your posts. You are talking a lot of gibberish in the hopes of keeping an inane thread alive. I'll ask one more time..,.give an example of "the good in the world and what the only thing is that is responsible for it" (your words so you should be able to back them up). If you cannot answer the question, it will prove the lack of substance in your posts and that you would not know what an "epiphany" was if it bit you on the butt. Answer the question...which good and what is responsible for it? I will not not hold my breath.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies