Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2013, 02:15 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
I never said I was "against" either of those things. I am against paying for them, but that's a different topic. I asked why any abortion regulation is met with feverish resistance by the left, whilst I have to get pretty much raped to buy a bullet so I can shoot bambi.
Really? I bought bullets last week. Just walked in, told them what I wanted, and paid for them. No rape involved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2013, 02:15 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
if a woman has a "right to her body" aka abortion, shouldn't a fat man have a "right to his body" aka large soda?
I don't give a rat's ass if you have an IV in your arm hooked to a 9,000 gallon tanker holding Mountain Dew!

Old 10-29-2013, 02:17 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenSJC View Post
Don't let facts get in the way of a good talking point!
OR a baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad one............................................... .................................

Old 10-29-2013, 02:18 PM

Quote:
because more regulation is a left wing fantasy. I am wondering why they don't want more regulation on ending theoretical lives. in maryland, I have to pay a freaking tax on how much it rains. it's regulate regulate regulate, until the topic of abortion comes up. then it is, "we need to make it more accessible."
Funny, I get called a loony leftist on here, and I don't support more regulation on guns, or cars, or pretty much anything. I DO want the current regulations enforced.

If you have a problem with your states rain tax, then you have to deal with that at a local level. Abortion laws have already been dealt with at the federal level.

Old 10-29-2013, 02:18 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,752,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Really? I bought bullets last week. Just walked in, told them what I wanted, and paid for them. No rape involved.
you live in mississippi. they issue you bullets at the state line. I used to live and work in memphis, and my commute took me through mississippi. every day I came home with a full clip.

Old 10-29-2013, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I don't give a rat's ass if you have an IV in your arm hooked to a 9,000 gallon tanker holding Mountain Dew!
of course you don't. the left wing has found ways to punish them without bans. massive sin taxes. however, free abortions for all. 90000% tax on a pack of newports, but free abortion.

Old 10-29-2013, 02:22 PM

Quote:
you live in mississippi. they issue you bullets at the state line. I used to live and work in memphis, and my commute took me through mississippi. every day I came home with a full clip.
Then, yet again, you seem to have a problem with your states laws. Deal with them at the local level.
Abortion laws have already been dealt with at the federal level.

Old 10-29-2013, 02:23 PM

545 posts, read 400,355 times
I do find it out that liberals view of the constitution changes depending on whatever twisted view that have at the moment. For instance, when I ask "where does is say in the constitution that my wealth have to be redistributed to those who didn't earn it?" And they will tell me that the constitution is outdated, bedsides "social contract" and "paying your fair share", blah, blah, blah. But when it comes to abortions?, liberals become the most strict constitutionalist and personal liberty advocates around.

They'll use their twisted ideology to justify taking more of your wealth and hinder you with more cumbersome regulations, the constitution be damned, but the minute abortions are tweaked a little they can't invoke the constitution fast enough. Think about it, they place abortions above just about everything else, even your rights.

When I say I am for open and free markets, liberals can't wait to tell me I am evil or something, for wanting to keep more of my wealth and conduct my business the way I see fit. But when it comes to abortions?, well you need to butt out over other people's business. Liberals would advocate for ever bigger govt in our lives, but for some reasons when it comes to abortions , that is the one thing that should remain unhindered with as little govt as possible.

Think about how oppressive the federal govt have became in recent years and how little action, people, not just liberals have taken against it. But abortion?, the minute that is altered in anyway, people can't react and fight that fast enough. You can't wipe your a** without the govt knowing and somehow that is standing, but ultrasounds before I abort my kid?, now that is a gross violation of my privacy and liberties.

For the record, I am pro-choice, but seeing the unimaginable problems, domestically and internationally that we are facing, abortions should be the last thing we worry about. It just boggles my mind that all the issues we are facing, abortions is the one thing people, not just liberals ,would fight like hell to keep from being hindered in anyway. If it was revealed that women would have to travel an extra mile to get an abortion, no doubt liberals would be up in arms about how women are being oppressed, but real oppression somehow goes unnoticed.

I mean, just think about it, whenever some new regulation has been introduce, lets say raising the minimum wage or tax or whatever, whenever you say this will harm businesses, liberals say "so what, then those businesses need to go out then". (Remember when well in advance it was said Obamacare will harm businesses if it passed and when it did, businesses started to react negatively to it by hiring less and cutting hrs, what did liberals do?, the stated boycotting said businesses). But when some kind of new abortion regulation meant some abortion clinics would close, liberals lost their minds, that women were being oppressed and being told what to do with their bodies, and their civil rights and blah, blah, blah. How twisted is that? To protect abortions clinics above everyday businesses that actually run our economy, (I don't think the abortion industry is vital to the economy in anyway).

Again, I am very much pro-choice, but to place abortions so high up, to make it so sacred and near divine while way more important things that affect our national well-being and health become minimized or outright ignored just shows twisted priorities. "You can saddle my future kids with astronomical debt, take half my paycheck in the form of taxes and spy on my every move, but do you dare touch my abortions".....really people?..really liberals?

Old 10-29-2013, 02:23 PM

Quote:
of course you don't. the left wing has found ways to punish them without bans. massive sin taxes. however, free abortions for all. 90000% tax on a pack of newports, but free abortion.
Who gets free abortions?

Ever heard of the Hyde amendment?

Old 10-29-2013, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Who gets free abortions?

Ever heard of the Hyde amendment?
are you trying to say that there isn't a huge movement to make abortions as cheap as possible? are you saying that there isn't a huge movement to make birth control pretty much free? why do liberals want to make abortions so inexpensive, but want to make a pack of smokes unaffordable? p.s. this is an example of liberals taxing the living pi$$ out of the poor. cigarette taxes affect the poorest americans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies