Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2013, 09:11 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
I guess you and your enlightened conservative brethren should be fighting against Medicare because Medicare is a single payer program.
Not only is Medicare Single Payer, but non-wonk Paul Ryan in the infamous "Ryan Plan" wants to go backwards and switch Medicare recipients to an insurance exchange system, just like the one used in The ACA.

Interesting isn't it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2013, 09:13 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
This is why it is hard to debate right-wingers. You can't even agree with definitions that everyone else in the real world agrees with.
Single payer means government pay for ALL health care costs...

They clearly dont.. not even with medicare do they. Many with medicare have private insurance as well.. You can stand there and look like a fool posting that other people are also wrong, but thats not really my problem that you dont even know what words mean you use.

Old 10-30-2013, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Not only is Medicare Single Payer, but non-wonk Paul Ryan in the infamous "Ryan Plan" wants to go backwards and switch Medicare recipients to an insurance exchange system, just like the one used in The ACA.

Interesting isn't it?
Another lefty who's never heard of medigap, or medicare supplimental insurance policies.

Old 10-30-2013, 09:16 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
No, because the only "evidence" is a word salad of random conjectures without anything to back it up. I believe what can be proven to be true, and I certainly don't believe what cannot be proven completely false. Any more then I believe in the loch ness monster, bigfoot, or invisible pink unicorns.

Even if he did, it doesn't mean that Obamacare is a false flag that is intended to fail and bring about single payer. That needs evidence as well. Not just babbling about conspiracies.

Even if you could prove the other true, I would be incredibly pissed about the huge waste of resources and not the end result that single payer is bad. Every other devloped country in the world has single payer that is cheaper, and produces better outcomes, than the US system. I've already provided the evidence for that, and there are more studies out there. You haven't shown how it's awful besides more conspiracies and babble.
I provided the video on post #10 for you. ObamaCare is the transitional program towards single payer. And like I mentioned in the OP - this is a huge waste of resources and you should be pissed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
Can you show studies where that has worked?

There is a reason why every developed country has health insurance, and in poor countries where if you can't pay cash then they let you die. It's because it works. Even if it's a pain in the butt, and we wish it could be cheaper and easier, the reality is different than pulling policy out of ones butt and saying it works just because.
No country has had economic freedom like we have had on such a wide scale - so it's hard to bring up another example.

But I will say this - right now, people are not the customers for health care providers. The customers are government (Medicare/caid) or insurance companies. Both of these entities have deep pockets - so it makes it easy to inflate prices.

Health care providers could not charge the current costs to the public, because they would all go out of business. A small percentage of people could afford to pay. Prices would have to come down in order to service the consumers. Take note of doctors who are removing themselves from any involvement with insurance or government. The deal directly with the customer. Prices are much more affordable.

Old 10-30-2013, 09:20 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,408,066 times
Single Payer? Yes please.

Old 10-30-2013, 09:21 AM

8,631 posts, read 9,139,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
No, medicare is a welfare program, with services contracted out to the lowest bidder..
No, it is insurance paid for by those who work, called FICA "Federal Insurance Contributions Act" yes, you contribute to it, if you don't no medicare for you. Those insurance companies who participate, play. Soon they all will.

Old 10-30-2013, 09:22 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Single Payer? Yes please.
Why?

Old 10-30-2013, 09:23 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
Quote:
Please post the link to this single payer bill by the Democrats that Republicans objected. You saying it over and over and over again, doesnt make it true. It just showed the mental illness that most left wingers suffer from.
It never made it onto the ACA bill during the negotiations of ACA. I thought you knew this.

Old 10-30-2013, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
It never made it onto the ACA bill during the negotiations of ACA. I thought you knew this.
So what you said was a lie.. I knew that already
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
No, it is insurance paid for by those who work, called FICA "Federal Insurance Contributions Act" yes, you contribute to it, if you don't no medicare for you. Those insurance companies who participate, play. Soon they all will.
Medicare tax revenues total about $210 Billion a year, with expenses being about $530 Billion a year.. There are lots who collect that dont pay into it..

Old 10-30-2013, 09:31 AM

8,631 posts, read 9,139,445 times
Quote:
Single payer means government pay for ALL health care costs...

They clearly dont.. not even with medicare do they. Many with medicare have private insurance as well.. You can stand there and look like a fool posting that other people are also wrong, but thats not really my problem that you dont even know what words mean you use.
That may be true in Great Briton, but most modern countries its a hybrid of both public and private. Public as a basic care, for-profit supplemental plans are greatly encouraged at controlled costs to the public. Just like medicare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies