Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2013, 05:26 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Seriously...you are one disgustingly low troll to be using isolated cases of psychotic violence as a political cudgel. You should be ashamed of yourself. Your comments have no place in adult conversation.

No need to make it personal, when you got nothing else....
Just don't reply.

Harrier must have hit a nerve.

Old 11-02-2013, 05:33 AM

5,319 posts, read 8,985,244 times
Arrow The idea that recent mass shooters are mostly registered Democrats is a myth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Paul Ciancia, the LAX shooter, is reportedly a registered Democrat.

If so, then he joins good company with other Democrat shooters and bombers like Adam Lanza, James Holmes, Jared Loughner, Nidal Hasan, and Dzohkhar Tsarnaev.

Why is it that Democrats want to ban guns, but they are also the perpetuators of mass shootings?
Where is your evidence that they were all Democrats?

From the Roger Hedgecock Radio Show?

The idea that recent mass shooters are mostly registered Democrats is a myth - Tulsa FBI | Examiner.com

Quote:
Based on the assertions of Roger Hedgecock a right-wing radio show host, the meme that the five worst recent mass shootings were committed by registered Democrats is making its way through e-mail chains and social media. Hedgecock asserts, without providing any evidence or sources, that the Ft. Hood shooter, the Virginia Tech shooter, the Aurora Theater shooter and Adam Lanza of Sandy Hook infamy were all “registered Democrats”

Last edited by RD5050; 11-02-2013 at 05:52 AM..

Old 11-02-2013, 05:41 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,472,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
Where is you evidence that they were all Democrats?

From the Roger Hedgecock Radio Show?

The idea that recent mass shooters are mostly registered Democrats is a myth - Tulsa FBI | Examiner.com
Way to go 5050. You just broke up a right wing early morning circle jerk.

Old 11-02-2013, 05:45 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
Until someone dreams up some stupid way to try to pin it on Sarah Palin, and then it's 100% political.
Well, California is west....Alaska is west......

Old 11-02-2013, 05:50 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Seriously...you are one disgustingly low troll to be using isolated cases of psychotic violence as a political cudgel. You should be ashamed of yourself. Your comments have no place in adult conversation.
I agree, it's pretty low, and happens every time there is high profile murders.

Old 11-02-2013, 05:54 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,943,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Paul Ciancia, the LAX shooter, is reportedly a registered Democrat.

If so, then he joins good company with other Democrat shooters and bombers like Adam Lanza, James Holmes, Jared Loughner, Nidal Hasan, and Dzohkhar Tsarnaev.

Why is it that Democrats want to ban guns, but they are also the perpetuators of mass shootings?
Seems to me the ones culpable are listed above...

I don't want to ban guns for the record, nor am I registered with any political party. I imagine there are plenty of shooters of all political ilks. Maybe that is the problem. The shooters not their politics.

The problem is not the intended target, not the shooter's reasoning, nor the type of firearm used, it is the fact that someone has become so enraged or deranged...that he has decided to use his weapon against someone else.

I'm am not offering any fix or solution, I'm just restating the obvious.

Old 11-02-2013, 06:44 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayid Linus View Post
I'd recommend you crawl back under the rock you emerged from. You're barely recognizable has human.
His question isn't interesting at all. It's the ravings of an angry man child that was never weened from the teet. You are following in those same footsteps. Mommy never taught you the proper way to behave. The bullies in the school yard tried I'm sure but even their pounding on your skull didn't work. You have the intelligence of something your father should have left in a Kleenex instead of inside your mother.
You are describing a lot of liberals on this forum.

Old 11-02-2013, 06:47 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
By liberals.

Liberals are just mad that a conservative beat them at their own game.

Old 11-02-2013, 06:58 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,833,234 times
I like threads that base the thread on stupid. THe thread can literally go anywhere. I'm sure he was thinking of his voting choices as he was shooting people. Because, hey, makes a lot of ...no.... not one lick of sense would that make.

The truth is ... was not a Democrat, or a Republican, or a Tea Party member. He shared elements of all of the above but refused to conform to the basic rules of society like every civilized political party does. One can always find commonalities between an extremist and political party. Hitler believed in a strong military and Republicans do as well but that does not mean the two should be compared seriously. In the same ..... should not be labeled a Democrat or Republican. He was someone who tried to establish his own rules and when he lost he resorted to violence. That puts him in a group that includes terrorists like Timothy McVeigh but not George Bush or Barack Obama.

Video: Political fight emerges over whether Joe Stack was more Democrat or Republican - National Political Buzz | Examiner.com

To say someone went nuts because they were a registered person in "party X. " is absurd.

Old 11-02-2013, 07:13 AM

1,637 posts, read 1,881,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post

Citing the truth about a gunmans political affiliation hardly seems low compared to parading Sandy Hook parents around the country to try and fulfill a political agenda. I like to keep things in perspective. Call Harrier whatever you want, he told the truth. Perhaps those that get their panties in a wad..and lose emotional stability after the truth is presented to them should self examine themselves and say " What is it about Democrats and guns that dont do well..since most Democrats commit murder with guns in this nation". Most gun violence is gang related in this nation. Those people and their offspring arent voting for Romney I can assure you that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies