Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2013, 09:51 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,727,707 times

Advertisements

We were on a cruise, the group we hung out with were either conservative, independents and one liberal. It was right after the election. One night the political jokes were flying, we were all rofloao. Then out of nowhere a hard line liberal that we never met butts in and starts spewing trying to force her opinion as if her life depended on it. We were all taken back how determined she was then we all started laughing our asses off "at her". Damn she needed to lighten up.

Last edited by petch751; 11-02-2013 at 10:24 AM..

Old 11-02-2013, 09:54 AM

9,470 posts, read 6,968,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Did some right wing think tank tell you all this about liberals. I will have to remember to tell the friends that I know who are conservative that they are evil.
Not at all.

They say these things about themselves.

Also, I used to be one. I know precisely where the axis points are.

Old 11-02-2013, 09:54 AM

On this cruise on the first dinner we found our table the conversation was already flowing and the people the table were laughing, and just as I was sitting down one girl stated "l'm a liberal", as I sat down my first comment was (with a big smile) oh this is going to be interesting, I'm conservative. Everyone started laughing and damn, the entire week we had a hell of a good time.

Last edited by petch751; 11-02-2013 at 10:04 AM..

Old 11-02-2013, 09:58 AM

708 posts, read 1,059,910 times
I'm conservative and have a few liberal friends.The thing with us is,we don't blindly tow either parties line.There are some Democrat ideas I like and they have some Republican leanings on some issue.But when we don't agree we make fun of each other for it! That's what friends do.

Old 11-02-2013, 09:59 AM

7,725 posts, read 12,620,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
Or are right left politics in this country so at odds that you can't even have friends that are from the opposite end of the spectrum? Would you break up a friendship if yyour friend supported higher taxes on the rich, gay marriage, abortion rights, and iimmigration reform?
Refusing friendships and relationships because of someone's political leanings is something I've only ever heard left-wing Liberal Democrats do. As a conservative, I've had many Democrat friends. I come from a Democrat family. I'm not in the business of discussing my views because they will never get it. If they ask, I will them though. I find in my experience that Liberals are the antithesis of tolerant. They are very rude and nasty. I used to work in a tourist attraction and there were rallies started by Liberals for things like the war. I went up to them to ask what was going on and what I got was very intrusive questions about what my political leaning was and hate-filled opinions about religion. These are not isolated events. Similar events happen each and every single time I encounter one of these people.

Last edited by allenk893; 11-02-2013 at 10:09 AM..

Old 11-02-2013, 10:02 AM

4,571 posts, read 3,519,711 times
LWNJ friends? No. LWNJ social and business *acquaintances*? Sure. However, as I consider leftists sick in the head and without common sense or reason, I have no desire to have them in my world.

How do I know they're like this? I grew up in the radical 60's and was part of it all during Vietnam. As I grew up I learned just how wrong-headed we all were. Most people from those days did too. Some did not. Smart people get over the silly notions from college. Stupid people do not and call themselves liberals. In fact, they are actually LWNJs and are mean, nasty, emotionally immature, and to be avoided if you want a happy and emotionally healthy life.

Old 11-02-2013, 10:18 AM

1,723 posts, read 2,225,831 times
I wouldn't use the word "liberal" to describe myself because of all the assumptions people make, but I generally support using the government to enforce prudent policy that promotes greater welfare (in the traditional sense) and protection of the environment, animals right, individual freedom (and not just the financial kind), government funded research, etc. Not to say I don't have many ideas that overlap with those described as conservatives, but my best friend is basically on the other end of the political spectrum. He's also a "born again Christian" and I'm an atheist.

Old 11-02-2013, 10:20 AM

At the park there are signs, Don't feed the animals. The sign is to prevent people from feeding them because they won't look for food in a natural way.

Which animals are you talking about. A restaurant has a can at the register and I make sure every time I go I give a very large amount to the no kill animal shelter. I thank god there are people willing to take these poor animals in. I don't think they can get a job.

Old 11-02-2013, 10:21 AM

14,482 posts, read 11,280,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
No, but liberals do all the time.

They're all nice folks, till they discover you're one of those "evil conservatives" and then they're hostile.
That's the difference in a nutshell. I have a die-hard liberal aunt who thinks that I have gone over to the dark side, I mean literally believes that the conservative mindset is evil. Of course I think that she lives in fantasyland, so I guess we are even.

Old 11-02-2013, 10:26 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,852,928 times
I had a lot liberal friends and then most of them grew up and become conservatives... Their BS ideology never survive my questioning...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies