Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2013, 12:48 AM

1,027 posts, read 1,383,140 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
Have you ever played offensive line? Been on the bottom of a pile up? So, speaking of fallacious arguments..you just made one out of ignorance.

I have. I played full back and line backer all throughout school. I boxed and kick boxed for several years after college. The poster is right. Tackling and striking are two completely different sports. I knew plenty of big boys on the football field who weren't natural born fighters and couldn't take a punch. Hell, I know some guys who wrestled but can't stand submission grappling. They just can't stand the feeling of getting arm barred or choked out.

Old 11-05-2013, 12:52 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,314,631 times
BTW...Richie Incognito is soft as Twinkie filling himself. He just decided to target someone softer than he is.

Look at the YouTube video of Antonio Smith ripping his helmet off and then whacking Incognito in the head with it. Incognito backed down quick like a little girl. Then Richard Seymour punched that punk in the face back in 2011. Again, Incognito punked out. He's Kool Aid hearted. Big sissy.

Truth is, some posters are right when they say that Martin would've been better served by whacking dude in the face with a Billy club. That would've ended the harassment.

But then, Martin would've been the "thug," and quite conveniently too.

Old 11-05-2013, 12:59 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,927,645 times
I can't stand Richie Incognito...he is a very unathletic overachiever who gets by on scummy and dirty play...

That being said....I'd totally want him on my team.

That sums up the argument here. The food chain.

Old 11-05-2013, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surftown831 View Post
I have. I played full back and line backer all throughout school. I boxed and kick boxed for several years after college. The poster is right. Tackling and striking are two completely different sports. I knew plenty of big boys on the football field who weren't natural born fighters and couldn't take a punch. Hell, I know some guys who wrestled but can't stand submission grappling. They just can't stand the feeling of getting arm barred or choked out.
Nobody said anything about striking vs.tackling. You are taking the argument out of context.

The point is that football is a violent and aggressive sport and lots of dirty and nasty things happen in the game ESPECIALLY in the trenches

Old 11-05-2013, 01:11 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,965,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
It wasnt bullying. My god, he threatened the mans life as well as his families. He extorted him for money. This wasnt bullying. The media and others love to throw the bullying word around nowadays because we've become a society of pansies.

If you read the headlines and what not, it seems like the term racial slur is highlighted more are to what he did wrong. As if using one word is the worst thing someone can do.

Why is a slur necessarily so evil when the other things this guy did were actually worse? He basically extorted this guy for money and threatened him with harm as well as his families. But no, lets highlight that he used a "slur" and lets heavily focus on that.

And why didnt Martin go right to the coach or just go kick this guys behind? Why run away like a coward? Your a 400 lb man who plays pro football and you cant stand up to this guy? Sorry, but I woulnt want either of them on my team.
Why should there be any need to separate any of his accused actions? All of his actions are under scrutiny. No one "bad" thing is less worse or more worse than any other. Although extortion is a criminal act, "bullying" is understandable to all...children included.

Lets remember that "hazing" of rookies and and first year players is common in professional sports. If you accept that fact as a player, then some will take it to far, that is the blurred line some [ on both sides of bullying] can not distinguish. Razzing and hazing from the group may have not been egregious to him; the constant one on one harassment may have been.

You are a perfect example of assigning false "what ifs" to a person you have no earthly idea of his nature and character. To assassinate it because you believe he should have acted "differently" is simplistic. Lets also remember that bullies seek out those that can not or will not fight back.

A 400 lb man interacting with other 400 lb men is the same dynamic as an 80lb kid and his world.

Old 11-05-2013, 01:14 AM

1,806 posts, read 1,742,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Funny how liberal lexicon creeps into the most unlikeliest of places. Rumor has it the "bullied" player is a weird acting and his teammates didn't care for that much. Shocking after all the dogma spewed by the MSM some things don't change.

Read more: After Jonathan Martin exit, Dolphins coach says bullying
Liberal lexicon. The only lexicon here is CAPITALISM. The NFL wants to be family friendly. It's hard to do so when parents have to explain to their children what a half-n**** is and why one player would be calling a player on his own team calling him that.

Stop whining about liberal everything. The motivation from the NFL here is to protect itself from lawsuits and reduced ticket sales. For the Dolphins, it's to avoid liability and avoid a distraction in the locker room. Their inability to stop this kind of thing means that their O-line just lost 2 players.

Stop whining about liberals and take a look in the mirror.

Old 11-05-2013, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by remoddahouse View Post
Liberal lexicon. The only lexicon here is CAPITALISM. The NFL wants to be family friendly. It's hard to do so when parents have to explain to their children what a half-n**** is and why one player would be calling a player on his own team calling him that.

Stop whining about liberal everything. The motivation from the NFL here is to protect itself from lawsuits and reduced ticket sales. For the Dolphins, it's to avoid liability and avoid a distraction in the locker room. Their inability to stop this kind of thing means that their O-line just lost 2 players.

Stop whining about liberals and take a look in the mirror.
The point is these private musings shouldn't have made the press in the first place!!

None of our personal heroes say some appalling things behind closed doors.....only Richie Incognito and Pat O'Brien.

We can go back to sticking our heads in the sand now...

Old 11-05-2013, 01:23 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,314,631 times
Quote:
I can't stand Richie Incognito...he is a very unathletic overachiever who gets by on scummy and dirty play...

That being said....I'd totally want him on my team.

That sums up the argument here. The food chain.
You'd want him on the team for what exactly?

Again, he's SOFT himself. I already pointed out two examples of other players that punked him out for everyone to see.

You want a guy on your team that'll only step to a mark that is softer than he is? Really?

That's not my kind of person. I hate "kiss up/kick down" types.

Old 11-05-2013, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
You'd want him on the team for what exactly?

Again, he's SOFT himself. I already pointed out two examples of other players that punked him out for everyone to see.

You want a guy on your team that'll only step to a mark that is softer than he is? Really?

That's not my kind of person. I hate "kiss up/kick down" types.
Every player gets their rear handed to them at one point or another. I'd want him on my team because he is a devastating run blocker.

Old 11-05-2013, 04:30 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,055,425 times
Quote:
I don't have an issue with Martins.reaction. He should have stuffed Incignitos head through a locker. Or....leave the sport.

The real issue I have is how the MSM and society is now taking an childhood social.issue, that should be addressed on playgrounds, and applying to a professional sport where FULLY GROWN MEN get paid millions on top of millions to play a kids game.
Good point. This wasn't bullying and to say it is, is ridiculous. I hate the media more and more every year. And the sports media is now no different than other media. Liberal dopes with an agenda.It still irks me that just about every report or headline, leads off and focuses on Racial Slur, as if that's even close to the worst thing about this situation. Its funny to me how media types and others act like the n word or a non friendly word for a homo is so horrible and shocking. Same folks who listen to hip hop, same folks that watch movies that have the most vulgar language you could hear and engage in it, but if you use these select terms, its just so shocking to them....please, spare me.And this Martin guy, who the heck would want him on their team? He's a soft pansy. This should've been handled in house but Martin didn't handle it himself nor did he go to coaches. Be a man or go to a coach, don't run away like a coward. This is an NFL locker room. Things happen and its not a logical place. Oh well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.