Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2013, 03:30 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times

Advertisements

So this thread is steering off course...

back to the subject at hand.

Basically, the thread was over at post #2. The mom is an idiot. Yes, she can exercise her rights, and yes, the kid doesn't even understand what the costume means, and yes, some of the other costumes that kids wore this year are questionable, but the fact remains: Mom is an idiot.

There's really nothing more to discuss.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2013, 03:31 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Really? Because I disagree with that mother's decision regarding letting her child wear a KKK costume for Halloween, I'm a liberal? So it comes down to name calling.

Well, I will explain from the top. This is about what the KKK is about. The KKK is basically a terrorist organization/racial supremacist/racist group that has a history of terrorism on not only Blacks, but Jews, Catholics, and trade union members. I don't see how supporting that kind of organization is "just having an opinion". There is a reason someone would want to dress like the KKK member. There is a reason someone would call the KKK a "good organization". No one does that for nothing. There is a reason for it. Someone would do this because sad person espouses the beliefs of that organization. Calling someone "liberal" for not liking the KKK or criticizing the KKK, well, that is a very old tactic of "being intolerant of those who criticize the intolerant".
Don't forget Hispanics, Asians, etc.

Old 11-03-2013, 03:31 PM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post

Basically, the thread was over at post #2. The mom is an idiot. Yes, she can exercise her rights, and yes, the kid doesn't even understand what the costume means, and yes, some of the other costumes that kids wore this year are questionable, but the fact remains: Mom is an idiot.

I would concur to say that it is her right to let her child wear a KKK costume, and at the same time, her decision is quite disturbing, and probably rooted in her own hatred.

Old 11-03-2013, 03:32 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,552 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I would concur to say that it is her right to let her child wear a KKK costume, and at the same time, her decision is quite disturbing, and probably rooted in her own hatred.
Mom was making a political statement.

Old 11-03-2013, 03:39 PM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Mom was making a political statement.
I would have a hard time thinking that. Claiming that it's a "tradition" and making her statement about how she feels about races mingling and being together, well, I would consider it more racial than anything.

Old 11-04-2013, 04:47 PM

2,754 posts, read 7,422,980 times
I would like to see the mom wear the costume

Old 11-04-2013, 04:53 PM

275 posts, read 178,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post

Opinions mean nothing...just makes you feel better. I tried finding her on FB to congratulate her for standing up for her right to let her son wear what he wanted..couldn't find her though..all the racists have probably run her off.

Old 11-04-2013, 05:04 PM

15,861 posts, read 21,441,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prepper View Post
Opinions mean nothing...just makes you feel better. I tried finding her on FB to congratulate her for standing up for her right to let her son wear what he wanted..couldn't find her though..all the racists have probably run her off.
Freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom of the consequences for that speech. She put her son in a costume worn by people who vandalized my home and burned a cross on my lawn when I was even younger than her son is now. She is free to do it, just like I am free to say exactly what I think of people who dress in bedsheets and try to intimidate those who were born into the "wrong" race or religion.

Old 11-04-2013, 05:06 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,133,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NARFALICIOUS View Post
I would like to see the mom wear the costume
I would like to see her wear it as well but to the Source Awards...

Old 11-04-2013, 05:13 PM

275 posts, read 178,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
I would like to see her wear it as well but to the Source Awards...
Like we need proof how violent your brothers are huh? Wishing violence on a woman...classy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies