Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2013, 03:26 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,938,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prepper View Post
Lee surrendered I didn't.
Give it up. The Civil War ended in 1865.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2013, 03:51 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,504,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
If the American people listened to black trash like Kanye West less and they listened to intelligent people more we would be a lot better off as a country.
So in order to be a better country, we need to have the same taste in music as you?
Please tell me you are joking.

Old 11-04-2013, 04:12 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,037,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
So in order to be a better country, we need to have the same taste in music as you?
Please tell me you are joking.
I wasn't talking about his "music", I'm talking about his statements. West is a moron, he's proved that a few times over the last few years.

Old 11-04-2013, 04:14 PM

18,461 posts, read 7,092,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Really? Black trash? If I called Miley Cyrus (and I wouldn't) White trash, my post would most likely be deleted. That is an offensive, racist statement. If you don't like him or his music, fine. There is still no need to call him Black trash. If this story is true, he's making a fool of himself, like many other celebrities. Good thing every thing I've done wasn't seen by the public eye.
We are an equal opportunity nation and Mr. West delights in demonstrating that Douche bags come in every color ......including black.

Nothing racist about that.

Old 11-04-2013, 04:17 PM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
if you're gonna try to get technical, then you shouldn't call it the civil war at all. it was a war of southern independence. it wasn't two groups fighting for control, it was one trying to get away from the other. thank you so much for linking to wiki.
And it was a war that started with an attack on Ft. Sumter, so the federal government could strike back. The war is over, the USA is the USA, all of it, north, south, east, and west, so that is that.

Fact is, the war is over, and the South lost that war. The southern states are part of the USA. And it was a civil war. A civil war is a war taking place between two factions within a nation. The "CSA" was still technically the USA, it was just territory in rebellion against the USA.

Last edited by green_mariner; 11-04-2013 at 04:27 PM..

Old 11-04-2013, 05:25 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,331,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
I wasn't talking about his "music", I'm talking about his statements. West is a moron, he's proved that a few times over the last few years.
I think he's a pretty good businessman and I'm amused by his in-your-face attitude about the Confederate flag. It's also clever, a black man claiming the Confederate flag drains it of it's power, and I suspect he knows that.

Old 11-04-2013, 05:29 PM

7,010 posts, read 11,978,882 times
I can't wait until the young white fans of Kanye West start wearing the confederate flag, all hell will break loose then.

Old 11-04-2013, 05:33 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,037,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
I think he's a pretty good businessman and I'm amused by his in-your-face attitude about the Confederate flag. It's also clever, a black man claiming the Confederate flag drains it of it's power, and I suspect he knows that.
I never said he wasn't a good business man, he's figured out how to convince millions of fools to buy and listen to his music. He must be good at something other than getting punched in the face.

Old 11-04-2013, 05:49 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,955,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
you might want to look into the death toll babe. by "uppity" are you referring to poor southern families who didn't own slaves? quite pathetic that you relish the deaths of the innocent.

You are right the North had more deaths than the South. And at the beginning the South was kicking the North's ass until supplies started getting low. They had double the population and all of the manufacturing factories and it still took them 4 years to win that war. LOL.

Old 11-04-2013, 05:53 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,955,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
You are exactly right, it was not two groups fighting for control, it was the North kicking the holy snot of southerners who tried to get too uppity for their own good.

And you need a little more knowledge about that war.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies