Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2013, 05:13 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,542,326 times

Advertisements

The fraud is going to be epic:

Quote:
Agents at the Federal Bureau of Investigation tell FOX Business that "the potential for crime in health reform is huge," and that the FBI does “expect health-care fraud to rise after health reform,” as estimates show tax credit fraud in health reform could surpass $20 billion a year.

However, taxpayers who “negligently” obtain tax credits on the exchanges could get slapped with a penalty of as much as $25,000, plus must fork over unlawful subsidies when they file their taxes. If they knowingly and willfully committed fraud, the penalty rises to $250,000...
more: FBI Gears Up As Nearly 17M Poised to Get ObamaCare Tax Credits | Fox Business
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2013, 05:27 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times
Hard working, god fearing Americans committing tax fraud. Imagine that.

Being a looky-loo I registered with my state exchange. I did not provide a SS# and was taken though an impressive verification process. It was quickly apparent, the intelligence behind the website knew exactly who I was by name/address ( former addresses going back 12 years) and informed me I did not qualify for a subsidy, which I do not. There is an interaction with the IRS, Social Security and at least one credit rating agency.

No system anywhere is fraud-proof.

Old 11-05-2013, 05:34 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,838,779 times
Especially when stuff IS BEING FORCED ON PEOPLE!!

Old 11-05-2013, 06:00 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,542,326 times
It won't be your 'average american' committing this fraud.

It'll be organized like the crime rings that collect tax refunds with stolen identities. Or the mass submission of fraudulent tax forms claiming dozens of children to get a big tax refund.

Just multiply it by six.

Old 11-05-2013, 06:13 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post

It'll be organized like the crime rings that collect tax refunds with stolen identities. Or the mass submission of fraudulent tax forms claiming dozens of children to get a big tax refund.

Just multiply it by six.
Like all those first time homebuyer checks that went to prisons all over the US
And no one in the government even thought to question a prison address ?

Old 11-05-2013, 06:47 PM

2,817 posts, read 3,460,887 times
I am sure dead folks will get subsidies too

Old 11-05-2013, 06:56 PM

3,997 posts, read 4,142,400 times
Quote:

Just multiply it by six.
And while the stolen identities and such will happen I'm sure... what scares me even more is the pure fraud that will happen legally! You just know that it isn't going to take long for folks to learn how to legally circumvent and bend the rules to their advantage.

The left continually gripe and ***** about corporations not paying their fair share. But.. most corporations do not do anything illegal... they work within the boundaries of the law. How many of these same lefties (and righties for that matter) are going to do the exact same thing here as soon as they can?

Last edited by aus10; 11-05-2013 at 07:16 PM..

Old 11-05-2013, 07:18 PM

37,963 posts, read 22,147,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post

Being a looky-loo I registered with my state exchange. I did not provide a SS# and was taken though an impressive verification process. It was quickly apparent, the intelligence behind the website knew exactly who I was by name/address ( former addresses going back 12 years) and informed me I did not qualify for a subsidy, which I do not. There is an interaction with the IRS, Social Security and at least one credit rating agency.

I think the worry is that fraud will be very high, because government programs are not policed very well.

Old 11-05-2013, 07:32 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,968,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post

^^^^ Reads exactly like those "paid reviewers" who get paid to write stuff they know nothing about.

I'll bet that's how this person makes their money. Everything she writes is exactly like that. All fake sincerity.

Old 11-05-2013, 07:42 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,930,930 times
Quote:
You have to think of how that is defined. That term can be stretched. Need to prove what you did or did not fill out and how it got there. Definitely want to save copies of what you fill out. Always a good practice anyway. Especially, given all the problems they have had.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies