Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2013, 07:31 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,680,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
Wow, that's interesting. Liberals are ones trying to take away guns from criminals with gun control, but they want more criminals with guns?

The double-think required for that belief is astonishing. Psychologists could use it for a case study.
Wrong, liberals are in favor of stricter gun laws that only law abiding people will be following anyway. The two criminals with guns, like the ones in this story, will always have their guns no matter what laws you try and pass.

Criminals with guns are the problem, they are the ones who are using guns specifically to kill people and commit robberies, rape, kidnappings etc... If only liberals were as hell bent on enforcing our laws, and as hard nosed on criminals as they are when it comes to their hatred and fanaticism against "gun lovers."

Old 11-07-2013, 07:33 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
The family members said they are hurt by comments suggesting the alleged robbers were “thugs.”
sorry, family members. that's an apt description.

Old 11-07-2013, 07:38 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,680,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Parents aren't entirely to blame for children gone bad, the streets are very, very mean. True, parents do reflect upon where or what they might have done wrong, the answers are not always cut and dried.

Mocking, making light or making fun of death, or a grieving parent is wrong.
So why are the streets so "mean?" Could part of the reason be that maybe the street is filled with messed up kids from broken, dysfunctional, baby momma homes? I'm not saying that children raised in a two parent home is the end-all fix, but if the overwhelming norm is baby mommas with children from multiple fathers, living in poverty, then it sure sets the stage for "mean streets."

Old 11-07-2013, 07:43 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
2 thugs were killed and it can be argued that they got the reward that they earned. Parents, even great parents can often be blind to the misdeeds of their own children. I won't mock the woman's grief, but I will say that she is wrong.

Old 11-07-2013, 07:56 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,242,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
I didn't. But after watching this where the mother admits her son was a drug addict. She said he didn't commit the robbery to buy drugs but instead to pay child support. As if that is justification to commit armed robbery?
Families want justice for suspects killed after robbery of Krick's Korner store in Reading | Home - Home
I know, that comment was directed to people who thought it's funny.

Old 11-07-2013, 08:01 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,242,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
Wow, that's interesting. Liberals are ones trying to take away guns from criminals with gun control, but they want more criminals with guns?

The double-think required for that belief is astonishing. Psychologists could use it for a case study.
That was a troll statement you responded to, meant to get a less than desirable response from you so they could troll some more, it happens in the forums all the time. Someone makes an audacious comment, which is followed by more rhetoric, best thing to do is either use the ignore feature or don't respond.

Just as this is.
//www.city-data.com/forum/32129354-post41.html

Best thing to do is not to get sucked into a thread hijack attempt.

Old 11-07-2013, 08:15 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
2 thugs were killed and it can be argued that they got the reward that they earned. Parents, even great parents can often be blind to the misdeeds of their own children. I won't mock the woman's grief, but I will say that she is wrong.
Yep. People in an instance like this where they are grieving will say things they might not otherwise. That doesn't mean it isn't her mindset and that mindset led in part to the problems but I'm not going to condemn a mother for saying something like this after her son was just killed.

Old 11-07-2013, 08:22 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 29 days ago)

27,651 posts, read 16,138,284 times
never heard a neoprog look forward to the day when "old cons die" and none ever danced on the grave of breitbart. etc

Old 11-07-2013, 09:08 AM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Sounds like Darwinian selection did the job. It's a shame the mother and father were so incapable that they raised an animal like this, that had to be put down while attacking and terrorizing other people. From what I read, no innocent people were hurt, it's all good.

Old 11-07-2013, 09:25 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Sounds like Darwinian selection did the job. It's a shame the mother and father were so incapable that they raised an animal like this, that had to be put down while attacking and terrorizing other people. From what I read, no innocent people were hurt, it's all good.
Drug addiction can be a nasty thing. Great parents have had their kids fall into addiction. Not even a great parent is capable of changing an addicts behavior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies