Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should the US legalize gay marriage by the end of the year?
I'm a Republican, and NO we should not 15 9.87%
I'm a Republican, and YES we should, even if we don't get anything in exchange 6 3.95%
I'm a Republican, and YES we should, only if we get at least one of our goals passed along with it 4 2.63%
I'm a Democrat, and NO we should not 9 5.92%
I'm a Democrat, and YES we should 48 31.58%
I'm an Independent, and NO we should not 19 12.50%
I'm an Independent, and YES we should 45 29.61%
I don't care, share the cheetoos and chicken nuggets man! 6 3.95%
Voters: 152. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2013, 10:05 AM

33,548 posts, read 37,145,710 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHarley View Post
Evidence for common knowledge? Let's give some professors a $50 million dollar grant so they can research it like they did for why college people like to drink/party.
So you don't have evidence...Your opinion is worthless...

Too often we... enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought.
John F. Kennedy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2013, 10:19 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,103,566 times
Quote:
Evidence for common knowledge?
I would hardly call that "common knowledge." If I had to guess, I'd probably say married male couples have a higher incidence of open marriages but that married women couples have a lower incidence of open marriages when compared to male/female married couples. But that would just be a guess.

Old 11-10-2013, 10:20 AM

544 posts, read 610,503 times
Ok, I admit I might be wrong. Good job.

Old 11-10-2013, 11:33 AM

9,884 posts, read 10,977,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
You make no sense at all, I guess that is because these are only your opinions and not fact based.
Just because YOU can't see the humor doesn't mean there is no humor for other people.

OF COURSE it is "only" my opinion. It is a safe guess that well over 95% of the posts on these forums are the OPINION of the writer, sometimes with "facts" and often without any "facts".
Even YOUR post, quoted above, is purely YOUR opinion, "not fact based".
As a matter of fact, YOUR opinion of MY opinion can't be based on FACT, because MY OPINION is purely that, MY OPINION! While opinions CAN be based on facts, it is not truly necessary, especially when seeing humor in non-humorous things. Obviously, you don't see humor in the same things I do. That is YOUR problem, not mine!

Old 11-10-2013, 12:38 PM

347 posts, read 491,898 times
Quote:
It's obvious that gay marriage is going to be legal in the US within the next 5-10 years. So why not just make it legal by the end of next week? or the end of the year?

I am straight, I don't like some gay guys, because they usually talk disgusting at work. They talk inappropriately about their bodily functions, always talking about who they think is hot, always staring at people, etc. Always causing drama. I treat gay guys that act somewhat like the rest of society as any other person.

I see all the terrible parents out there today. I see all the unhappy, ignorant, selfish husbands and wives.

Really, I don't care who you marry as long as their 18+ and can consent to contracts.

Republicans - Do you really want to argue about this for another 8 years before it finally becomes legal anyways? Are you not sick of it as am I? Gays are already living together, already adopting kids, already doing PDA's.

Seriously, there is pretty much nothing to lose for you by letting them have their gay marriage, except you wouldn't hear them "complaining" about this subject all the time.

Also, if the Republicans were smart, they'd have John Boner go out to the press Monday morning and say "We are ready to recognize and legalize same sex marriage across the United States! All we ask for in exchange is for ... "

So whether you want them to pass a tighter immigration control, debt laws, voter ID's, you name it. Just have them include one thing the republicans really, really want.

That leaves the rest up to the democrats. They either accept gay marriage or not. I'm sure there are a few democrats in the legislature that say they are all for it , but secretly don't want it. After all, politicians aren't known for their honesty or morals.
This issue is more about Taxation than the actual topic at hand.

When two people marry, there is a supposed tax-benefit.

Now everyone that marries will have this supposed tax-benefit.

Swim through the lies to find the truth.

Old 11-10-2013, 12:42 PM

347 posts, read 491,898 times
And if two people wanted to FAKE being homosexual in order to gain a TAX ADVANTAGE or IMMIGRATE from another country, NOW EVERYONE can do it...

Old 11-10-2013, 01:15 PM

2,309 posts, read 4,385,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
so you are saying that once homos get their financial benefits, they shut up? no. don't believe you one bit. the parades would end? no.

The Irish got their rights and the parades kept right on coming!!!

Old 11-10-2013, 02:52 PM

511 posts, read 799,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
The Irish have parades. The Christians have parades. Why shouldn't the gays continue to have parades? Don't like it? Don't go.
Christians and Irish don't practice public sex and nudity in their parades either. It's about maintaining a moral standard. If you want to live in a country that wants to completely abandon any foundation of Christianity then so be it. But it's not an America I want to live in.

Billy Graham preached his final sermon and said he wept for America. I feel the same way. It's an end of an era.

Old 11-10-2013, 02:56 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,103,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyexpat View Post
And if two people wanted to FAKE being homosexual in order to gain a TAX ADVANTAGE or IMMIGRATE from another country, NOW EVERYONE can do it...
Oh please. EVERYONE could do it previously; legalizing gay marriage doesn't change that. Previously, two people could FAKE a heterosexual marriage in order to gain a TAX ADVANTAGE of IMMIGRATE from another country.

Old 11-10-2013, 03:11 PM

1,214 posts, read 1,696,825 times
No.

I don't support gay marriage just like I don't support polygamist or incest marriages either. I'm a Christian and a registered Republican and I don't make apologies for it either. I don't hate gay people, I do support Civil Unions and equal benefits for gay couples, but calling it marriage is wrong. I don't care what anyone says or if it offends them, homosexuality is not normal, it's unnatural, it cannot create new life and it spreads disease. And calling such a thing Marriage is a perversion of the term and goes against what the term is defined as. Only between a man and a woman. It's a fundamental part of society, one of the essential foundations of culture. It's not a civil rights issue, and the gay activists are one of the most hateful groups of people around, simply disagree with them and they'll*slander you as a bigot or homophobe, or even try to close down your business or sue your church. Their goal is not tolerance, it's pushing their lifestyle and agenda onto everyone else.

However with all that being said, it's us straight people who are to blame for marriage being in such bad condition it is today. With our high divorce rates and infidelity etc... We need to take the log out of our own eye first and fix marriage. But this is not an issue I really care about, it's not even on my radar, gay marriage is simply a distraction issue. There are real problems like the national debt, wars, illegal immigration, protecting our gun rights etc... Gay marriage is just a joke. Furthermore, gay marriage is going to be left up to the states, and most states are against it. Even in the small handful of states that do allow it, most of those were allowed via corrupt judges and not public support as most of the public in those states vote against gay marriage time and time again, even in super liberal places like California. This is a slap in the face to those so called polls and studies that gay activists love to cite about how most people support it. The reality is that most people don't,hence why they need corrupt liberal judges.

Since the '' issue '' stands at that. Some states will allow it, some states will not. That's all its going to be. And that's all I have to say on the subject.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies