Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2013, 08:12 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,455,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Apparently It's not only Veteran's Day it's also Diss-A-Liberal Day!!! Who knew?

Yep, folks. The only good veteran is an uber-right veteran. Be sure to salute them and hand a card for psychiatric care to the lefty who served in Vietnam.
Every day is "Diss-A-Liberal Day" because they deserve it. The Democratic Party have done more to destroy the nation than all the foreign powers the US has ever fought. It is either intentional destruction, or accidental and merely the result of a mental disease. We were giving you the benefit of the doubt and presuming it was accidental due to mental illness. Are you claiming that destruction the Democratic Party has wrought upon the nation was intentional and systematic?

Old 11-11-2013, 08:13 PM

15,531 posts, read 10,504,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Was reading some interesting blogs today, and some have a good point. If the US military were disbanded tomorrow, you would still enjoy all of the constitutional rights you currently enjoy.

I suppose the idea is that, without protection, we would lose our form of government.

Is this true? Many from the right wing scream constitutionality. Do they know that our forefathers feared a standing army? Madison said that a over powered executive with a bloated military would not long be a friend to liberty.

So why the love affair with the military? I served. I didn't feel I was any better or worse then anyone else.

Why should we thank military veterans for a constitutional right? They didn't give it to us, and the idea that Americans would roll over while invaded by foreign powers because our military is half it's current size is asinine.

We are a government of the people, for the people, and by the people. Without every citizen doing their part, we wouldn't have freedom.

If we didn't have the military, we probably would lose our form of government. Without protection, how long would we last before some country (or countries) invaded. We wouldn't be enjoying our constitutional rights then, would we. Over bloated military? Probably, but we said after WW11 we would never get caught with our pants down again. I imagine about half us "people" would fight, the other half would probably hightail it to Canada or Mexico. No, the military didn't give us our constitutional rights, but they are ready to protect and defend them. You don't feel special about serving in the military, so what, most people don't. But, if someone wants to pat you on the back, I see no harm.

Old 11-11-2013, 08:16 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,156,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
If we didn't have the military, we probably would lose our form of government. Without protection, how long would we last before some country (or countries) invaded. We wouldn't be enjoying our constitutional rights then, would we. Over bloated military? Probably, but we said after WW11 we would never get caught with our pants down again. I imagine about half us "people" would fight, the other half would probably hightail it to Canada or Mexico. No, the military didn't give us our constitutional rights, but they are ready to protect and defend them. You don't feel special about serving in the military, so what, most people don't. But, if someone wants to pat you on the back, I see no harm.
Who exactly is looking to invade our country? From where did you get this information? Do you understand the difference between security and rights/freedoms? Your burglar alarm gives you some security. Do you believe your burglar alarm secures your rights and freedoms because if you were dead, you would not have those rights or freedoms? Do you find that to be an intelligent argument?

Old 11-11-2013, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Nope. I like to join in whenever the uber-right starts their "patriotic" dissing of everyone they don't like. It bugs the heck out of them when they're reminded that there are lefties who served their country who voted for Obama.
The only time liberal freaks ever served anything other than themselves was when there was a draft and they have absolutely no choice but serve or flee to Canadistan. Which is where you will find most of the Vietnam Era aged liberal freaks to this day.

People who serve in the military do so because they love their country. Since all liberal freaks absolutely detest this country and everything it was founded upon, they will certainly never voluntarily serve in a military that seeks to preserve and defend those traditions.

Old 11-11-2013, 08:23 PM

15,531 posts, read 10,504,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
Good lord, can people go a month without crapping all over an American holiday?
Apparently not.

Old 11-11-2013, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
To be fair, Vietnam was never a war. Congress never declared it as a war, so it's more like the Vietnam Conflict than anything else.
Actually, they did declare Vietnam as a war in Public Law 88-408, on August 7, 1964.

Old 11-11-2013, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
The only time liberal freaks ever served anything other than themselves was when there was a draft and they have absolutely no choice but serve or flee to Canadistan. Which is where you will find most of the Vietnam Era aged liberal freaks to this day.

People who serve in the military do so because they love their country. Since all liberal freaks absolutely detest this country and everything it was founded upon, they will certainly never voluntarily serve in a military that seeks to preserve and defend those traditions.
You are remarkable in your ability to be factually incorrect about nearly everything you have posted in this thread. You are a person guided by feelings, rather than reason. Your feelings are so intense when it comes to the military, that it leads to make asinine statements for which you can provide absolutely no evidence and for which there is evidence to the contrary. As happens when someone wraps themselves in vets on internet forums, my assumption is that they never served.

Old 11-11-2013, 08:31 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
You are remarkable in your ability to be factually incorrect about nearly everything you have posted in this thread. You are a person guided by feelings, rather than reason. Your feelings are so intense when it comes to the military, that it leads to make asinine statements for which you can provide absolutely no evidence and for which there is evidence to the contrary. As happens when someone wraps themselves in vets on internet forums, my assumption is that they never served.
He takes his marching orders from Sarah Palin.

Old 11-11-2013, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Actually, they did declare Vietnam as a war in Public Law 88-408, on August 7, 1964.
And the streak of falsehoods remains unbroken!

Now, surely you know that resolution by the Senate did not constitute a declaration of war by the legislative branch.

Old 11-11-2013, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
He takes his marching orders from Sarah Palin.
He also, like the other geniuses, religiously avoids answering my questions. It is Palinesque, isn't it? He knows better than to get caught in "gotcha questions," or, as I like to call them, "Questions for which they have no good answers."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies