Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2013, 12:07 PM

2,015 posts, read 1,652,965 times

Advertisements

peta is like alot of groups now, whether they are left wing or right wing religious environmental or whatever, they all pretty much follow the same formula. they start out with good intentions, then they become corrupt and extreme, acting more like a terrorist organization, because extreme members of the group start to take over and the more moderate members leave.then their main concern is just survival of the organization and recruiting new members.

Old 11-18-2013, 12:55 PM

412 posts, read 685,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
That's all well and good. I don't support abusing animals. But in do support their being raised for food, slaughter, and hunting to eat. I've rarely killed anything I didn't eat later.

That's my problem with some animal advocate groups. They want me to live like a vegetarian because it makes them feel better. I respect nature, and animals, but I like to eat meat.

Native Americans hunted to survive and where very in tune with nature. What's wrong with respecting the life you're consuming?
If only meat eaters would hunt in the same manner of Native Americans and accord the same respect to the animals they kill and eat. Instead of going out drunk and having to shoot a poor animal multiple times before it finally bleeds to death and they chop off the head (leaving the rest to rot) to mount on their wall.

Factory farming is cruel and not in tune with any kind of nature that I know of. PETA calls attention to the horrible things people do to animals in the name of food and other atrocities (like killing animals for their fur). I don't like everything that PETA does but at least they try to speak for the animals.

Old 11-18-2013, 01:46 PM

46,326 posts, read 27,162,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogMomDeb View Post
If only meat eaters would hunt in the same manner of Native Americans and accord the same respect to the animals they kill and eat. Instead of going out drunk and having to shoot a poor animal multiple times before it finally bleeds to death and they chop off the head (leaving the rest to rot) to mount on their wall..
I'm not saying it does not happen, but you are making yourself look really dumb....not all hunters go out drunk...not all hunter chop the heads off and leave the animals to rot, and besides those vultures love dead animals, the bird kind not the human as you speak of.

If you truly beleive what you say, then provide some links to back up your statments.

Quote:
Factory farming is cruel and not in tune with any kind of nature that I know of. PETA calls attention to the horrible things people do to animals in the name of food and other atrocities (like killing animals for their fur). I don't like everything that PETA does but at least they try to speak for the animals.
HAve you ever seen a cow killed at a farm....hunting is MUCH more civil than that...

Old 11-18-2013, 02:07 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,761,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
i like Vice, and i'm watching the video, but i don't know if i have an hour to watch this. is there some specific way it relates to PETA?

Old 11-18-2013, 02:19 PM

17,403 posts, read 11,994,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
The Humane Society is more about fighting against animal cruelty. I don't understand PETA at all. They're mostly vegans who won't even eat anything with dairy because it comes from an animal. It's not like they kill the animal to get the milk. Kind of weird in my opinion. Oddly, I recently read that PETA has a shelter kill rate of 99%. Go figure.
Not quite. They're "more about" lining their pockets with cash and pretending to help animals. No, they don't actively kill as many animals as PETA, but they are just as evil of an organization.

Old 11-18-2013, 02:22 PM

17,403 posts, read 11,994,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkat59 View Post
I am an animal advocate. I think people are cruel and vicious when it comes to animals, but thats not the point of this post. Lots of animal people dont agree with PETA. I dont. But they serve a purpose. They are a yin to animal abusers yang. Whenever you have ppl very passionate about something, there will be "for" and "against" elements.
Im sure they would appreciate you talking about them in this thread
Killing animals in your care, while raising money to "save animals" makes PETA not just abusers, but as cruel and viscous as other abusers.

The only folks that think PETA serves a purpose are too dumb know the truth about them.

Old 11-18-2013, 02:30 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,414,679 times
Quote:
If only meat eaters would hunt in the same manner of Native Americans and accord the same respect to the animals they kill and eat. Instead of going out drunk and having to shoot a poor animal multiple times before it finally bleeds to death and they chop off the head (leaving the rest to rot) to mount on their wall.

I think you've watched to many westerns.

Know how many arrows they generally put in a bison to bring it down? Hell of a lot more the one or two.

And no responsible hunter drinks while he has a gun in his hand. I might drink after, in fact I know I do, but I'm never drunk with a loaded weapon in my hand.

Old 11-18-2013, 04:31 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,475,845 times
Quote:

ROFLMAO!

You clearly do not know anything about how native Americans hunt. I will wager that you are completely unaware that Alaskan natives show the same respect to the critters they kill and eat as any white man. They use high powered rifles, power boats, and even fork lifts to haul in their catch, while at the same time pretending that it is their "tradition."

Hunting with high powered rifles has become so easy for native Alaskans that it has ceased to be hunting and has become slaughter instead.

Alaska investigators find caribou slaughter scene | Environment | theguardian.com

So do not pretend to lecture anyone on the "respect" native Americans have for the critters they kill. If you were familiar with reality and how native Americans actually hunt you would know better and would not be spewing this fanciful myth you made up out of thin air.

Old 11-18-2013, 04:32 PM

170 posts, read 203,616 times
PETA is a terrorist group and should be treated as such.

Old 11-18-2013, 05:36 PM

412 posts, read 685,285 times
Whoa wait a minute - obviously typing in a stream of consciousness was a bad idea.
1st - I meant Native American hunters in the past who did respect the animals that they killed for food and other things like clothing.
2nd - I don't believe all or most present day hunters go out drunk and have problems shooting to kill not just to maim the animal. Having said that there are some who trophy hunt (which I abhor) and others who have no business out there. Many hunters are actually good stewards of conservation but again certainly not all.
3rd - as I said factory farming is pretty much inhumane - hunting is a far better way (much more honest since you don't pretend that the animal was born under that cellophane wrapper in the grocery store).
But let's be honest, people don't have to eat meat to survive. Raising cattle takes up a lot of land and resources, factory farming produces amazing amounts of waste. We don't need to be carnivores. And this is why I think PETA does some good. They show people that there are alternatives.
Did I address every area that people got hysterical about?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies