Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2013, 01:56 PM

10,241 posts, read 6,331,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
That would be pretty awesome. Here's your diploma and here's your pistol and ammo.

I bet that would solve some problems. What if every criminal knew every person could be potentially packing steel? Plus, they could throw their caps in the air and shoot at them at the end of the ceremony.

They, of course, could have the option of declining the weapon or selling it, or whatever.
America will give you an education and also give you the means of self protection.

Open carry, everywhere. This is America, not some pansy country.
h

Sorry, NO. You can argue that you have your 2nd Amendment rights to a gun, but OTHER PEOPLE have their rights to NOT have a gun. I say this as the wife of a Life Member of the NRA in a Gun Household. I do not know how to use HIS guns, and they are locked up in a combination safe so I do not have to be around them, or having some criminal break in and use them against me. I am a 65 year old woman.

You cannot force guns upon people who don't want them. It works both ways.

Old 11-17-2013, 01:57 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,748,266 times
Quote:
I'm more middle of the road. So your comment has no value since it's not based on reality. Nice try, though. I almost bought it for a minute. Then I was like, "But that comment isn't based on fact." and was like, Oh, so it's just some random wrong words. Then I went back to typing more stuff.

Have a nice day. It sounds like you need one.
No you are not, any Gun Owner would not that would never be safe, firing shots into the air, in a sea of people..what is wrong with you?

Old 11-17-2013, 02:02 PM

46,319 posts, read 27,152,415 times
Hell 70, why wait that long?

Why not when they turn 13.....

I mean that is the satire you are using, right...

Old 11-18-2013, 12:44 AM

4,373 posts, read 3,231,801 times
Quote:
That would be pretty awesome. Here's your diploma and here's your pistol and ammo.

I bet that would solve some problems. What if every criminal knew every person could be potentially packing steel? Plus, they could throw their caps in the air and shoot at them at the end of the ceremony.

They, of course, could have the option of declining the weapon or selling it, or whatever.
America will give you an education and also give you the means of self protection.

I'll pass. I graduated college earlier this month and the last thing I need to worry about is some firearm and ammo that I don't want.

If you want to personally purchase these firearms that will go to graduates and supply them with enough ammo to last them a while, then please do so.

Old 11-18-2013, 10:30 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,030,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
I'll pass. I graduated college earlier this month and the last thing I need to worry about is some firearm and ammo that I don't want.

If you want to personally purchase these firearms that will go to graduates and supply them with enough ammo to last them a while, then please do so.
Sailors aren't issued a firearm?

Old 11-18-2013, 10:35 AM

78,502 posts, read 60,702,401 times
Quote:

This is silly and redundant. In most of the worst parts of the country the ones involved in gangs etc. ALREADY have a gun and ammo and will never graduate highschool.

Old 11-18-2013, 10:51 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,924,204 times
Yeah so they can rob banks to survive when they can't find jobs... The biggest issue facing college graduates is the lack of jobs, NOT protecting themselves. And this comes from someone who is in favor of guns.

Old 11-18-2013, 10:53 AM

46,319 posts, read 27,152,415 times
Wonder where the OP went?

Old 11-18-2013, 11:47 AM

10,581 posts, read 9,793,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Wonder where the OP went?
It was a drive-by posting.

Put up something silly, then sit back and watch people squalling for pages on end.

Old 11-18-2013, 12:29 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,231,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Sailors aren't issued a firearm?
Shows what you know. What do sailors have to do with the topic at hand? It's too early for you to start up the Harrier Deflection Technique.

70sFord said every graduating student should be issued a firearm and ammo. I recently graduated from college hence my response. I'm stuck trying to figure out why you decided to go off topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies