Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2013, 09:09 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I never said liberals were mad. Where do you get that from?? Of course Reagan is a bully in liberal terms. He was a great leader not a patsy like your hero. You don't understand because you are brainwashed by the media. I don't blame you.
Are you really that clueless?

You stated "Liberals are still mad"

And NOW you claim "I never said liberals were mad"

Do you even remotely have a clue of what you write before you hit 'submit'?

Perhaps you should try munching on your " liberals this liberals that " sour grapes before they ferment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2013, 09:24 AM

1,391 posts, read 1,233,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
Many leftists in the US wanted the US to surrender to the Soviet Union during the 1980's.

I remember.

They try to deny it now.
Examples please.

Thank you in advance.

Old 11-17-2013, 09:27 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marlinfshr View Post
This conservative wants a wall on the southern border to keep the illegals OUT.
Being from Maryland you probably are not personally aware of the problems that spill across the border.

Mexico ain't Disneyland or Canada.

Old 11-17-2013, 09:36 AM

9,470 posts, read 6,969,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
It was 26 years ago.
I remember it very well. I also remember East Germany with it's barb wire and guns pointing IN at the borders to keep the people IN. I remember how it was a steady stream of people who planned, plotted, and desperately tried (mostly died) trying to find a way to escape their country, but were shot dead, often within a few feet of freedom.

I sat in the audience of more than one person who was a target of Hitler's death machine. Of people who survived WWII and learned to know what kind of hate and mentality was on the other side...

And those were formative in why and how ** I ** value freedom more than handouts, gilded cages, or promises of someone else's labors for my benefit.

Old 11-17-2013, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
What wall do liberals want to put up in the US? I know you Cons want to build walls around our country to lock us in like a prison.
Nonsense. We want to keep the illegals OUT. You're free to leave and NO conservative will ever stand in your way.

Old 11-17-2013, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayid Linus View Post
Examples please.

Thank you in advance.
Yup, they wanted us to stop the arms race, to sign agreements that favored the USSR's military might, to stop confronting them in their expansionist ideologically driven conquests... Yes, liberals thought they were good and we were bad.

I know, I remember it VERY well.

Old 11-17-2013, 09:41 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
Reagan had nothing -- NOTHING -- to do with that wall coming down. Communism would still be alive and well today throughout the Eastern Bloc had it not been for Mikhail Gorbachev tearing down the Brezhnev Doctrine, and empowering his successor Boris Yeltsin by establishing a new legislature partially elected through the popular vote. He systematically -- and unintentionally, his intention was to reform communism, not disband it -- weakened the USSR's influence over itself and its satellite states.

The Soviet Union had the absolute ability to crush each and every revolution of 1989. It chose not to, as Gorbachev believed there could be a more open, modern Communism. His failure to act enabled these revolutions, not anything Reagan did or said.
Your absurd revisionism is easily refuted by one simple data point. When Reagan started talking about SDI, AKA 'Star Wars,' (an idea that Reagan himself proposed after watching a talk by physicist Edward Teller) Gorbachev reacted with alarm and loathing. US liberaldom reacted with contempt and loathing. Ted Kennedy coined the 'Star Wars' sobriquet in an effort to belittle the idea. It didn't really work--Star Wars had been one of the most popular movies of all time.
GORBACHEV, DEMANDING CHANGE ON 'STAR WARS,' BARS SUMMIT TALK NOW - NYTimes.com

I recall as a young naïve college student being puzzled at this juxtaposition. US liberal academia trotted out one egghead expert after another to scoff at 'Star Wars,' and to explain why it could never work. At the same time Gorby was frantically trying to nix the program. He spent most of his time at the Geneva summit trying to get Reagan to drop it. At Reykjavik, Gorby tried to get Reagan to agree to confining SDI research to lab-only, which he thought would effectively kill it.

Old 11-17-2013, 09:45 AM

1,391 posts, read 1,233,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
Yup, they wanted us to stop the arms race, to sign agreements that favored the USSR's military might, to stop confronting them in their expansionist ideologically driven conquests... Yes, liberals thought they were good and we were bad.

I know, I remember it VERY well.
Nah. Liberals believe in equality and treating people humanely. They don't believe in communism or any other tyrannical form of government.
Sorry but you're wrong.

Old 11-17-2013, 09:54 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,101,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Liberals are still mad and want the Us to be behind the wall. Why??
♬ Trolling, trolling, trolling, keep them lies a flowing ♫

Old 11-17-2013, 09:57 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
It was a good line, but that the speech didn't cause the wall to be torn down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies