Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2013, 10:32 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post

A better question is this. What do you do about millions of people, who prefer their own interests to the exclusion of anyone else not them?
You are describing democrats and liberals. Hey who cares if millions lose their health insurance, who cares if Obamacare was sold on lies, just so Obama gets his way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2013, 10:34 AM

73,024 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
You are describing democrats and liberals.
Wrong. I'm describing people on both sides, and not recognizing that this fits people on both sides shows that you are thinking this way too. It also shows one's partisan bias.

Old 11-21-2013, 10:39 AM

Quote:

I am the type of person who feels like race and gender should never matter, period. Will I vote for a female President? As a male, gender does not matter to me in this case. When the nation needs leadership, I don't care if my leader is a woman, man, Black, White, Hispanic, Asian,etc. I only care that said person is a good leader and can do the job well. That is all I care about. Sadly, the very fact that you don't feel this way highlights the divides in this nation.
Obama is not a leader, he is not a good president. Oh and I and millions more couldn't care what race was president, that is how Obama got elected but once elected democrats showed who they are... forget that whites voted for him. Liberals and democrats thought because he is black he should get his way no matter what he does, disagree and the democrats attacked. Look what they did to Palin, look what they did to other blacks who disagreed with Obama. Forget that!

Old 11-21-2013, 10:42 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfman View Post
Originally Posted by petch751
lol, I wouldn't vote for a woman president because if anyone who doesn't agree with her they will replace racist with sexist. I've had enough of this type of politics. If we can't disagree with the president based on race or sex forget it, I won't vote for them.

P.S. I am a woman.

The difference is petch751 is a women who uses common sense for her decision making. On the other hand, you played your hand by connecting her point to somehow say she would only vote for a white male. YOU are a feminist!

You've revealed yourself as the worst of hypocrites. After 5 years of constant cries of racism and womanizing toward anyone who disagrees with Obama (with VERY GOOD REASON) you have the audacity to reverse the field by implying that it's the conservatives (and not liberal progressives) that have been whining? WHAT AN ABSOLUTE JOKE!

How does it feel to be so utterly wrong about your Savior? He was supposed to be the racial healer and the great uniter, and all you got was a liar and divider. It must suck to know the conservatives were abosolutely right about this man. The pendulum has swung.

You better run, I think I hear your master calling.
That is exactly what the poster said! It is later admitted in another post - white male.

It is what it is.

Old 11-21-2013, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
That is exactly what the poster said! It is later admitted in another post - white male.

It is what it is.
What the h are you talking about. Your post doesn't make sense.

Old 11-21-2013, 10:46 AM

73,024 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Obama is not a leader, he is not a good president. Oh and I and millions more couldn't care what race was president, that is how Obama got elected but once elected democrats showed who they are... forget that whites voted for him. Liberals and democrats thought because he is black he should get his way no matter what he does, disagree and the democrats attacked. Look what they did to Palin, look what they did to other blacks who disagreed with Obama. Forget that!
I never said he was a good leader or a good President. Now you are putting words in my mouth. Name ONE(1) time when I said he was a good leader or a good President. Find one. All I said is that race and gender do not matter to me. Leadership and whether or not said person can do the job right is far more important. The very fact that you put words in my mouth could indicate that it is you who cares about the race and gender of the candidate. You have already indicated you don't want a female candidate.

So there are liberals who are bringing up race. Republicans have done this too. Republicans have proven just as divisive, and to deny this shows your political bias.

Old 11-21-2013, 10:48 AM

Quote:
I never said he was a good leader or a good President. Now you are putting words in my mouth. Name ONE(1) time when I said he was a good leader or a good President. Find one. All I said is that race and gender do not matter to me. Leadership and whether or not said person can do the job right is far more important. The very fact that you put words in my mouth could indicate that it is you who cares about the race and gender of the candidate. You have already indicated you don't want a female candidate.

So there are liberals who are bringing up race. Republicans have done this too. Republicans have proven just as divisive, and to deny this shows your political bias.
wow, defensive much? Did I say you said he was a good leader or a good president. "I SAID" Obama is not a good leader and is not a good president.

Old 11-21-2013, 10:50 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,115,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
Hillary lacks executive experience
That obviously doesn't matter when people go to the polls. It's all just a big high school popularity contest now.

Old 11-21-2013, 10:52 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,419,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Former president Bill Clinton says he does not know if his wife will mount another bid for the White House but that he will support any decision she makes about 2016.

"I hope we have a woman president in my lifetime, and I think it would be a good thing for the world as well as for America," Clinton told a Chinese audience in Beijing when asked about former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s possible run, adding “But I do not know if she's going to run, and there is no such thing as a sure thing in politics."

Bill Clinton says he hopes for 'a woman president in my lifetime' - NBC Politics
Except your intern, Mr. President. She's a sure thing.

Old 11-21-2013, 10:53 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,449,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Former president Bill Clinton says he does not know if his wife will mount another bid for the White House but that he will support any decision she makes about 2016.

"I hope we have a woman president in my lifetime, and I think it would be a good thing for the world as well as for America," Clinton told a Chinese audience in Beijing when asked about former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s possible run, adding “But I do not know if she's going to run, and there is no such thing as a sure thing in politics."

Bill Clinton says he hopes for 'a woman president in my lifetime' - NBC Politics
Hint hint wink wink…… I want to be in control again!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies