Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 11:31 AM

9,891 posts, read 10,825,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Why would anyone invest in New Orleans? How could they afford flood and storm damage iinsurance f they did? I think it is time to build a new New Orleans on higher ground somewhere else. Keep the tourist trap area intact but move everybody else.

Bush puts cronies in charge bercause he only trusts people that kiss his A**.
I didnt realize Schoolbus Nagin and whats her face Blanco were "cronies" of Bush's, never mind A** kissers!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2007, 11:39 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,873,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Why would anyone invest in New Orleans? How could they afford flood and storm damage iinsurance f they did? I think it is time to build a new New Orleans on higher ground somewhere else. Keep the tourist trap area intact but move everybody else.

Bush puts cronies in charge bercause he only trusts people that kiss his A**.
Well as you and I are paying for the rebuilding perhaps you should ask someone....

Old 11-27-2007, 12:43 PM

4,049 posts, read 2,742,119 times
[quote=oz in SC;2097685]
Quote:
Why are they displaced?
Why haven't they rebuilt their homes?
I really don't know the answer to that except that I think I heard that the insurance companys aren't paying because some of the people had 'flood' insurance and that won't cover a 'hurricane'. not sure

Quote:
Ads to the trailers,they are built by the same companies that build 'regular' mobile homes in the same factories using the same materials,how did only those going to the 'victims' become contaminated?
I don't know the answer to this either. I only heard that the trailers they put in New Orleans were making some people sick.

Old 11-27-2007, 12:47 PM

I believe as always happens the insurance companies need to find out how the damage occurred to see if they are liable.

As NOLA is below sea level I cannot see why anyone would not be required ot have federal flood insurance, unless of course they owned their homes outright and had no insurance.

As to the trailers,it is more likely whining then actual problems,what happens is the trailers 'vent' fumes when new,just like anything with new materials.
The trialiers need to be aired out in other words.

Old 11-27-2007, 03:11 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,317,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothing12 View Post
this is what Bush was doing about 10 hours before the hurricane made landfall
That's more than what the governor and mayor of New Orleans were doing!

Besides, would you feel better if Bush was on a boat in the middle of the hurricane?

Old 11-27-2007, 03:44 PM

1,499 posts, read 4,832,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Somebody better tell John Edwards, actually he allready knows better than anyone! Study: Democrats the party of the rich - - The Washington Times, America's Newspaper (http://www.washingtontimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071123/NATION/111230087/1002 - broken link)
I know, John "the hypocrite" Edwards, Mr. 60,000 sq foot house and $1,200 haircut thinks he is all for the poor. Yeah sure. His $60 million in investments in a foreclosure/predatory lending scheme in New Orleans has really paid off for him. He is a "true man of the people"!

Same with Hillary and same with Obama or Biden. These people are rich elitists. Their idol, the Kennedy's lived a life of opulence and wealth while millions suffered in poverty and hunder during the Great Depression, a time triggered by a stock market crach that Joe Kennedy Sr, the patriacrh of the Kennedy family orchestrated for his own selfish gain. (Source: Kennedys: The Curse of Power - Kennedys: The Curse of Power. )

Make no mistake. The Democrats are the party of the rich, the elitist, and the censors. Idelaists living in Ivory Towers, who want to control OUR money and use the government to control everything we do, eat, think, or want.

That is why we must re-take the USA back in 2008.

Old 11-27-2007, 03:57 PM

4,714 posts, read 8,462,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana-Guy View Post
Same with Hillary and same with Obama or Biden. These people are rich elitists.

You're blowing smoke, as usual.

1. Please identify for the board when it was that Hillary Clinton became rich. Same for Barak Obama.

2. Please identify for the board the relevance of your mistaken assertion to the platform of the Democratic Party?

Old 11-27-2007, 04:27 PM

Obama is worth $1.14 million,this is in addition to his home's value.

Not sure how much Hillary is worth but it is more than Obama.

Old 11-27-2007, 04:33 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,194,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana-Guy View Post
I know, John "the hypocrite" Edwards, Mr. 60,000 sq foot house and $1,200 haircut thinks he is all for the poor. Yeah sure. His $60 million in investments in a foreclosure/predatory lending scheme in New Orleans has really paid off for him. He is a "true man of the people"!

Same with Hillary and same with Obama or Biden. These people are rich elitists. Their idol, the Kennedy's lived a life of opulence and wealth while millions suffered in poverty and hunder during the Great Depression, a time triggered by a stock market crach that Joe Kennedy Sr, the patriacrh of the Kennedy family orchestrated for his own selfish gain. (Source: Kennedys: The Curse of Power - Kennedys: The Curse of Power. )

Make no mistake. The Democrats are the party of the rich, the elitist, and the censors. Idelaists living in Ivory Towers, who want to control OUR money and use the government to control everything we do, eat, think, or want.

That is why we must re-take the USA back in 2008.
You know NG, while some of these things you point out I won't even argue with but I haven't exactly seen a great many Republicans make their claim to fame on behalf of the poor in America either. I'm sure you can search through the endless reams of data to find some examples of decency among any candidate but again, what is the great difference between parties views towards the poor in America? I suspect that Rudy, John, Mitt, Fred and crew don't exactly live the "middle class" lifestyle (or below) that you seem to think Democrats should ascribe to.

Chances are that if you are living in America and are making less than 20-25k a year, it does not really make a huge bit of difference who is President.

Old 11-27-2007, 04:34 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,334,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Obama is worth $1.14 million,this is in addition to his home's value.

Not sure how much Hillary is worth but it is more than Obama.

Measuring Wealth of the '08 Candidates - washingtonpost.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies