Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2013, 06:05 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,351,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlenextyear View Post
Oh cool. Well if I'm in charge I'd be happy to let Muslims go to school here.
As long as they go back home when they are finished I am okay with that. For them to stay is to bolster a group of people that would strip us of our human rights. And we all know they want to stay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2013, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
Personally I know a Kuwaiti student. He manged to have 3 new babies when he studied in the US lol
They are very rich. Another Kuwaiti student gave him an SUV as a gift, when he returned to Kuwait.
I really hope he took his family of future jihadists back with him.

Old 12-03-2013, 06:12 PM

4,242 posts, read 8,786,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CravingMountains View Post
As long as they go back home when they are finished I am okay with that. For them to stay is to bolster a group of people that would strip us of our human rights. And we all know they want to stay.
What a weird thing to say. Wait, are you equating Arab citizens with their oppressive governments? As if the average citizen wants their rights taken away? No, that'd be silly of you to think that.

The average moderate Muslim is no more dangerous than the average moderate Christian, Jew, Hindu or Buddhist. We don't seem to have any problems letting people of those other religions hang out in America though.

Old 12-03-2013, 06:23 PM

Quote:
What a weird thing to say. Wait, are you equating Arab citizens with their oppressive governments? As if the average citizen wants their rights taken away? No, that'd be silly of you to think that.

The average moderate Muslim is no more dangerous than the average moderate Christian, Jew, Hindu or Buddhist. We don't seem to have any problems letting people of those other religions hang out in America though.
You are so wrong. I encourage you to read my latest post on the thread regarding banning Muslim immigration. I go into detail and give many examples of how Muslims, even your supposed "moderate" ones, desire to strip away the rights of all those around them. Please read it and comment with your thoughts.

Muslims co-exist peacefully with NO ONE. Again, please read my other posting as it is more relavent to the topic and won't get modded away.

Old 12-03-2013, 06:43 PM

2,801 posts, read 2,314,721 times
Since Obama PERSONALLY signed the Visas of all the Muslim students where are all the Bills from Republicans seeking to BAN any more Muslim students from entering the country?

Old 12-03-2013, 06:44 PM

2,801 posts, read 2,314,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CravingMountains View Post
You are so wrong. I encourage you to read my latest post on the thread regarding banning Muslim immigration. I go into detail and give many examples of how Muslims, even your supposed "moderate" ones, desire to strip away the rights of all those around them. Please read it and comment with your thoughts.
I see a lot of that from the Right Wing Nut jobs which claim to be Christian.

Old 12-03-2013, 06:51 PM

4,534 posts, read 4,940,257 times
There are a lot of US universities investing in Saudi Arabia and vice versa. Saudi Arabia just surged from 67th to 12th in the world for ease in doing business according to the World Bank. Many biotech companies are also moving or opening up in SA because of their commitment to hundreds of billions of dollars in investment. You think the US is the only place in the world capable of doing high tech research? People are going to go where the money is. Americans really need to quit living in ignorance. The world is quickly outpacing us because they're much hungrier. American excellence existed pretty much during the era when most of the world was still climbing out of the ruins of WW2. Those days are long gone now, and everyone is catching up rapidly.

http://www.rdmag.com/articles/2011/06/rising-desert

http://techcrunch.com/2009/09/21/kin...nd-technology/

King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (one of the world's largest lab spaces is absolutely impressive).

Last edited by fibonacci; 12-03-2013 at 06:59 PM..

Old 12-03-2013, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
There are a lot of US universities investing in Saudi Arabia and vice versa. Saudi Arabia just surged from 67th to 12th in the world for ease in doing business according to the World Bank. Many biotech companies are also moving or opening up in SA because of their commitment to hundreds of billions of dollars in investment. You think the US is the only place in the world capable of doing high tech research? People are going to go where the money is. Americans really need to quit living in ignorance. The world is quickly outpacing us because they're much hungrier. American excellence existed pretty much during the era when most of the world was still climbing out of the ruins of WW2. Those days are long gone now, and everyone is catching up rapidly.

Rising from the Desert

King Abdullah University of Science and Technology | TechCrunch

King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (one of the world's largest lab spaces is absolutely impressive).
Good. The muslims can go there rather than come to America.

Old 12-03-2013, 07:24 PM

1,303 posts, read 1,100,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
What's clearly on display is your own xenophobia and intolerance. Let's call it what it is. You don't like people who are different than you. This has nothing to do with national safety.

I don't know what else to call someone who dislikes someone else merely because of their religion. You are a bigot -- your above quote admits it.
Xenophobia and intolerance are virtues of those who wish to maintain their culture.

Old 12-03-2013, 07:34 PM

723 posts, read 635,140 times
Quote:
I'm no fan of Islam, but this is basically true. However, even if it wasn't it would be irrelevant. We cannot base policy on this country against a particular religious group. Between the First and Fourteenth Amendments, religious liberty and the Equal Protection Clause respectively, we have to let everyone in based on the same factors, none of which can be religious affiliation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies