Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is bullying a real issue?
Yes 56 64.37%
No 29 33.33%
Other 4 4.60%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2013, 08:52 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturningWest View Post
That behavior was and is offensive, I'm grateful that behavior would not have been tolerated in my school. It's interesting that you brag about sexually assaulting young woman.
I bet it was offensive in the 50's.

The 70's was a little more open and boys didn't get thrown in jail for grabbing a boob.
They may have got b*tch slapped, but no charges filed and a criminal for life deal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2013, 05:33 AM

4,585 posts, read 12,369,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I bet it was offensive in the 50's.

The 70's was a little more open and boys didn't get thrown in jail for grabbing a boob.
They may have got b*tch slapped, but no charges filed and a criminal for life deal.
It's still sexual assault and you seem to brag about doing it. Had it happened to me I would be calling the authorities. You seem to make your excuse that it was the times- sexual assault is still sexual assault no matter what time frame it happened during. Yet you brag about it and have no remorse what so ever about assaulting young woman.

Old 11-28-2013, 06:09 AM

3,130 posts, read 3,076,840 times
Yeah, bullying is a real issue. And most public schools do great things, or at least should be doing great things, for all young people.

There's a middle ground between using fists and embracing the sad liberal world of victimization. Adults can model behavior that makes it clear that all kids and teenagers are valuable, and the point can be drilled home that they expect the same for peers. The same can apply for supervisors in the workplace with bullying they're. People in positions of power need to show that bullying will not be tolerated.

I do want to close with noting that all people, especially guys, are told by society to be strong and tough. Promoting victimization (oh you poor thing,) the strategy that many liberals employ, is going to make recipients of bullying feel even worse. So instead, work to make the feel strong and capable.

Old 11-28-2013, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturningWest View Post
It's still sexual assault and you seem to brag about doing it.

No it is not "still"....."then" it was not sexual assault "back then". Only in the PC world we live in today would it be considered sexual assault. Not still.
It was young immature boys, being young immature boys. Nature taking its coarse. This was not high school, it was in that special age of Jr.High.... when boys first start liking the girls.
By high school we were actually getting somewhere, without fear of getting popped up side the head.
No one dropped out, and no one killed themselves. Remember, we all grew up together.

You know... now reminiscing, it was only the strong personality girls that had this done to them. I think mom and dad had educated them what is always on a boys mind and they took it as part of growing up.

For some it was a game... I owe you one. Remember the tit-ty twister? Ouch!

Thanks for making me remember good times of long ago. I hadn't thought of that in ages.
I wonder where Sharon Wilson is now.

Old 11-28-2013, 06:51 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,704,460 times
Quote:
Nature taking its coarse.
Thanks for making me remember good times of long ago. I hadn't thought of that in ages.
You said that well!

Yes, it is pretty coarse. It was then, and still is. I'm surprised that you would think it was OK. Please remember that it isn't "pc" that has made it "not OK." PC is carried to extremes, but it also has made people more aware of their thoughtlessness, uncaring, and coarse ways. Most of it not intentionally malicious, but often unkind and unnecessary acts and words.

Old 11-28-2013, 06:56 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,600,924 times
Bullying is a serious problem in both private and public schools. Both schooling systems have their share of problems. I imagine that public schools in certain states and areas can be a mess, but they don't have to be a mess. The public schools in my area are very good. I went to a public school and when I went to a private college I noticed that the kids from private schools were far behind me in just about every subject, especially science.

Old 11-28-2013, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
You said that well!

Yes, it is pretty coarse. It was then, and still is. I'm surprised that you would think it was OK. Please remember that it isn't "pc" that has made it "not OK." PC is carried to extremes, but it also has made people more aware of their thoughtlessness, uncaring, and coarse ways. Most of it not intentionally malicious, but often unkind and unnecessary acts and words.

Cry me a river

LOL!

ah... adolescent life, I remember it well.

Old 11-28-2013, 07:27 AM

4,585 posts, read 12,369,252 times
Quote:
For some it was a game... I owe you one. Remember the tit-ty twister? Ouch!
Still offensive and still would have been considered sexual assault if those poor girls would have reported it no matter how many times you try to justify it. Sadly most young girls didn't know they could report such behavior and I'm sure felt scared, humiliated, violated and bullied.

No one in the schools I went to would ever have done that, they had respect for other human beings not to assault them. You sir were obviously not taught respect for others, considering you continue to have no remorse for what you did. Did you ever consider how the young woman/girls felt about it? Humiliated, violated. That goes way beyond a "game", you intentionally physically hurt another human being and you consider that a game.

Old 11-28-2013, 07:55 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,393,237 times
Of course it's real, what kind of silly question is that? You're a gun enthusiast (don't ask me how I know!), some of the guns end up disposing of schoolyard bullies every few years by a "trench coat mafia" member in training, do they not?

Old 11-28-2013, 08:04 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,358,545 times
Default Is bullying a real issue?

Bullies are part of life, they teach you how to deal with confrontation. If you want a cure it's simple, take away the kids cell phones and get them off the social media sites, kick them outside to play, playing is important in teaching children to get along.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies