Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2013, 01:58 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,277,616 times

Advertisements

San Jose Police Fatally Shoot Suspect in Stabbing, Carjacking | NBC Bay Area

Or at least put background checks and other restrictions on them. How about blade length? I mean really? Do you NEED an 8" long Rambo style knife?

Let's be fair across the board here on "weapons reform."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2013, 02:12 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,369,310 times
Why not, the Brits have done it to a large extent. They have held knife turn-ins similar to the gun 'buybacks' that have sometimes been done in the US. Here's a brit cop with a deadly replica Star Trek Klingon blade that was either turned in or confiscated.
Lethal Star Trek blade seized in knives amnesty | Mail Online

US knife maker Spyderco has designed special Brit versions to comply with their laws. Other European countries also have restrictions on so-called 'tactical' knives (some call them 'assault style' knives).
Spyderco UK Penknife Drop Point Maroon SpyderEdge Model ( C94SMR3 ) UK Legal Carry Knife

If you extrapolate liberalism out, this is where you end up.

Old 11-29-2013, 02:14 PM

45,427 posts, read 60,623,477 times
Actually some states do have restrictions on knife types and blade length. MD is one such.

Old 11-29-2013, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Actually some states do have restrictions on knife types and blade length. MD is one such.
No, they don't. NO STATE bans you being able to buy a knife of any blade length. Now carrying it on your person is one thing.

So, you are completely wrong.

Old 11-29-2013, 02:19 PM

45,427 posts, read 60,623,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
No, they don't. NO STATE bans you being able to buy a knife of any blade length. Now carrying it on your person is one thing.

So, you are completely wrong.
A difference without a distinction.

While hunting I have had a NRP officer question my carrying of a waterfowl knife (3" blade, wing saw, peg punch and choke wrench). Of course this was also the same officer who was going to cite me for not having a shell limiting plug in an Over/Under.

People in SoMD are cited consistently for having sheath knives in their cars after a traffic stop.

Old 11-29-2013, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
A difference without a distinction.
A HUGE difference. You can buy an knife you want, in any state you want. You can't buy any gun you want, in any state you want, because of restrictions. Knives kill people too and injure/maim. If you want fair and equal "weapons control," such measures should be across the board. Guns, knives, etc.

I live in the People's Republik of Kalifornia. I can buy any knife I want. I can carry it, CONCEALED and its not a crime (unless its a dirk or dagger, and if I get caught with that, its a FELONY). Yet, I can't buy any gun I want and I get caught carrying it concealed, its a MISDEMEANOR.

Where is the insane and I do mean INSANE LIBERAL logic in that? Again, this is Kalifornia? OWNED by liberals and their mantra?

Old 11-29-2013, 02:51 PM

17,803 posts, read 13,708,449 times
Quote:
A HUGE difference. You can buy an knife you want, in any state you want. You can't buy any gun you want, in any state you want, because of restrictions. Knives kill people too and injure/maim. If you want fair and equal "weapons control," such measures should be across the board. Guns, knives, etc.
You need to think about this post the next time you start chortling about someone "bringing a knife to a gunfight".

Old 11-29-2013, 03:15 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,325,082 times
Quote:

I live in the People's Republik of Kalifornia. I can buy any knife I want. I can carry it, CONCEALED and its not a crime (unless its a dirk or dagger, and if I get caught with that, its a FELONY). Yet, I can't buy any gun I want and I get caught carrying it concealed, its a MISDEMEANOR.

Where is the insane and I do mean INSANE LIBERAL logic in that? Again, this is Kalifornia? OWNED by liberals and their mantra?
So the point is that there are restrictions on blades.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies