Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2013, 07:20 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,448,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Media Matters analyzes the dominant American news sources including NBC, ABC, CBS, PBS, CNN, MSNBC, CNBC, and Fox News Channel. Its techniques include content analysis, fact checking, monitoring, and comparison of quotes or presentations from media figures to primary documents such as Pentagon or Government Accountability Office reports....Can you point out any misinformation published by Media Matters?

Normally in ant business most start ups fail, but there are many clean energy successes that you conveniently ignore, because they do not fit the right wing talking points of your puppet masters...... Clean energy shines as climate index outperforms equities : Renew Economy

Clean Energy Fuels Corp: NASDAQ:CLNE quotes & news - Google Finance

Green Stocks and Green Investing

It would be nice if you deniers learned to think for yourselves, but I guess that is too much to expect.
Seriously? As political media attack dogs go, George Soros' pet project, Media Matters, has one of worst cases of leftist rabies imaginable.

Media Matters is entirely partisan propaganda. Anyone who thinks Media Matters is even remotely credible, has absolutely no credibility themselves, and is obviously a left-wing shill with a Marxist agenda.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2013, 07:27 PM

33,535 posts, read 37,132,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Seriously? As political media attack dogs go, George Soros' pet project, Media Matters, has one of worst cases of leftist rabies imaginable.

Media Matters is entirely partisan propaganda. Anyone who thinks Media Matters is even remotely credible, has absolutely no credibility themselves, and is obviously a left-wing shill with a Marxist agenda.
Can you point out and prove any misinformation published by Media Matters? I didn't think so.

Old 12-21-2013, 09:38 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,739,641 times
Seems November 2013 was the warmest November on record globally...
Global Analysis - November 2013 | State of the Climate | National Climatic Data Center (NCDC)

Old 12-21-2013, 09:40 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,416,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Seems November 2013 was the warmest November on record globally...
Global Analysis - November 2013 | State of the Climate | National Climatic Data Center (NCDC)
Ever?

Old 12-21-2013, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Ever?
How am I to know, I have not been around forever, not even when they started their records

Old 12-21-2013, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
How am I to know, I have not been around forever, not even when they started their records
Then it is rather stupid to make such a ridiculous statement.

Old 12-21-2013, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Then it is rather stupid to make such a ridiculous statement.
Why? A, I didn't say anything incorrect, and B, I was just quoting the article...

Old 12-27-2013, 09:26 PM

37,963 posts, read 22,143,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
I look at the green energy failure of Spain. And in the US. And the forest of solar collectors in the Mojave desert. What an eyesore. Not to mention the thousands of birds killed by wind generators.
You should see this town in Minnesota called Manchester, it's a freaking nightmare of a hundred huge 200' tall windmills. It's soooo ugly, no one will want to move there

Old 12-27-2013, 10:38 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,093,577 times
Can I just take this time to say one thing: does it matter?

If global warming is real, then the effort to replace fossil fuels (which is more or less the goal, as global warming is caused by higher carbon emissions) with clean, renewable energy was necessary.

If global warming is simply a misinterpretation of facts, we still benefit from the new energy source?

Here's a fact even the right wing can't deny: fossils fuels are limited. We're going to run out. What happens then? We'll need a new source of energy that is renewable, accessible, and ideally affordable. Realistically, that energy source needs to be capable of replacing the current one before our fossil fuels are depleted, and that's going to happen sooner than you'd think; possibly in YOUR life time, and if not, certainly in the life time of your children.

Every species goal is to survive. This means protecting the future, not just for us, but for our decedents. Do we really want to leave another issue we could be resolving now to future generations? I mean, seriously! It's time to act! We have so many sources of energy that are clean and completely renewable. Wind wont' stop blowing and the sun's got another 4 billion years. Oil has maybe 50.

Clean energy is the future, because eventually it will be the only option. No matter how fearful we are of change, it's won't stop. We need to be ready for the future before it hits. The list of problems in the world is a long one, why not make it one shorter? Find a new source of energy that is clean, affordable, and renewable so that we can have some level of stability in an unstable future.

Old 12-28-2013, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
Can I just take this time to say one thing: does it matter?

If global warming is real, then the effort to replace fossil fuels (which is more or less the goal, as global warming is caused by higher carbon emissions) with clean, renewable energy was necessary.

If global warming is simply a misinterpretation of facts, we still benefit from the new energy source?

Here's a fact even the right wing can't deny: fossils fuels are limited. We're going to run out. What happens then? We'll need a new source of energy that is renewable, accessible, and ideally affordable. Realistically, that energy source needs to be capable of replacing the current one before our fossil fuels are depleted, and that's going to happen sooner than you'd think; possibly in YOUR life time, and if not, certainly in the life time of your children.

Every species goal is to survive. This means protecting the future, not just for us, but for our decedents. Do we really want to leave another issue we could be resolving now to future generations? I mean, seriously! It's time to act! We have so many sources of energy that are clean and completely renewable. Wind wont' stop blowing and the sun's got another 4 billion years. Oil has maybe 50.

Clean energy is the future, because eventually it will be the only option. No matter how fearful we are of change, it's won't stop. We need to be ready for the future before it hits. The list of problems in the world is a long one, why not make it one shorter? Find a new source of energy that is clean, affordable, and renewable so that we can have some level of stability in an unstable future.
Here is a bit of reality that liberal freaks are incapable of comprehending: Before you can get rid of one source of energy, you need to replace it with another source of energy. Abolishing fossil fuels without any viable alternative energy source will only result in putting us back into the stone age living out of caves. Granted, that is the goal of liberal freaks, however, more sane minds would prefer a viable alternative first. Until that happens we are going to continue to consume fossils fuels at a prodigious rate. That is simply a fact of reality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies