Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2013, 07:49 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,999,290 times

Advertisements

Obamaphone holders will be so jealous. I mean it won't be fair after all. Actually it's only not fair to those who will have to pay for this nonsense but hey liberals need to buy voters and a brand new Leaf should get plenty of those votes.

"The California Air Resources Board is now embarking on a program that would help poor people buy energy-efficient vehicles. In one scenario posed by the agency, a “voucher” might even pay the full price for a Nissan Leaf, an electric car with an MSRP above $21,000, or for used cars with lower price tags. In a staff report released on Nov. 19, the agency analyzes its Enhanced Fleet Modernization Program authorized in 2007. Funded by a $1 surcharge on vehicle registrations, the $30-million-a-year program is essentially a “cash for clunkers” deal. It provides motorists with $1,000 to $1,500 to retire their high-polluting vehicles.
The board also sponsors a pilot program that provides up to $4,000 for certain motorists to ditch their old cars and buy late-model, cleaner vehicles. The board admits that the current program is “overly complicated” and “highly bureaucratic,” so it’s looking for ways to streamline and expand it so that more people take advantage of the assistance.
Two new laws enable this effort. AB 8 extended the life of the $1 surcharge until 2024. And SB 459 directs the agency to offer vouchers at “no less than $2,500.” There is no apparent maximum. The law authorizes “an increase in the compensation for low-income vehicle owners as necessary to balance maximizing air quality benefits while ensuring participation.” One goal, as explained in the SB 459 fact sheet, is to promote “transportation justice.”
Apparently, wealthy people already are benefiting from subsidies to high-end electric car makers such as the Tesla. This law brings car subsidies directly to lower-income people. The law was authored by Sen. Fran Pavley, D-Calabassas, recently named one of two Legislators of the Year by the Alliance of Automobile Manufacturers for her efforts to promote cleaner air.
In a chart in the staff report, the Air Resources Board looks at the potential “incentive” that would be needed to encourage people to buy the desired type of car. It finds, for instance, the agency would need to pay the “full cost” of a vehicle for a family of two to buy a new electric car or $18,000 for a family of three to buy a used hybrid. The agency isn’t saying that it will necessarily provide such large subsidies, but the report does lay the groundwork for much larger subsidies than are now available."

Nobody wants these things so hey lets make others pay for em and get em on the road. Just unreal.....

AIR AGENCY PUSHING NEW-CAR PLAN FOR POOR | UTSanDiego.com

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2013, 07:58 PM

YOU pay for their car.

Old 12-02-2013, 07:59 PM

Oh and I wonder who will pay for the insurance? I guess that will have to be "subsidized" too right in case they run into you in their brand new "subsidized" car? Or do you just not even care? Evil rich don't get free cars you green loons give em a subsidy. I say NO subsidies for any of this green insanity.

Old 12-02-2013, 08:49 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,468,357 times
Here is the staff report in case anyone wants to provide informed comments:

http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/aqip/EF...ember_2013.pdf

[]

Old 12-02-2013, 08:52 PM

2,817 posts, read 3,460,417 times
I won't be surprised if non citizens get them also.

Old 12-02-2013, 08:59 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,320,050 times
Quote:

Obamaphone holders will be so jealous. I mean it won't be fair after all.
Actually it's only not fair to those who will have to pay for this nonsense but
hey liberals need to buy voters and a brand new Leaf should get plenty of those
votes.
You sound jealous. I'm sure if you tried really hard, you too, can get a voucher for a car.

Old 12-02-2013, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedos View Post
I won't be surprised if non citizens get them also.
Well our heroes in DC plan on making them citizens soon so this will be their new present...........a car paid for by others. Hey no license no insurance who cares all will be well. Just vote D.

Old 12-02-2013, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
You sound jealous. I'm sure if you tried really hard, you too, can get a voucher for a car.
You just don't get it do you? Why should we all pay for others "green" cars? Why?

Old 12-02-2013, 09:08 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,827,890 times
As long as California taxpayers foot the bill :I could careless. but I wander how they are going to afford the insurance coverage myself.Unlikely to ever see he light of a vote.

Old 12-02-2013, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
As long as California taxpayers foot the bill :I could careless. but I wander how they are going to afford the insurance coverage myself.Unlikely to ever see he light of a vote.
Will a vote by the people come into play? It' doesn't appear so. Tyrants are steering the ship. California air board or whatever the hell of the name of this agency is will just set their regulations and make it so. This is how the USSA works now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies