Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2013, 03:42 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,369,227 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
In the neighborhood where he lived that is quite possible!

Here is a picture of his house. GTG. Just skimmed the article.
Parents of Arapahoe High gunman express remorse, seek answers - Boulder Daily Camera
Please don't add fuel to the fire, Kat. Yes, this part of the metro area is generally affluent, but let's not portray every child who grows up in the south Denver suburbs as an entitled brat. You know as well as I do that's not the case.

And, btw, county property records indicate that the Piersons bought their home from the builder twenty years ago for a tad more than $150,000. It's a little over 2,000 square feet on a fairly small lot in a middle class neighborhood. Nice enough, but hardly rich kid housing.

This family looks just like most every other in the Denver suburbs: two college-educated parents with professional positions that afforded them a comfortable, but not extravagant, lifestyle. Although the Piersons were divorced, both appear to have been loving parents, who were active in their child's life. Karl was a bright and accomplished young man, who had applied to attend the Air Force Academy upon graduation.

And that's exactly why this entire thing is so horrifying. There is absolutely nothing any of us can point to that explains why things went so terribly wrong.

Last edited by randomparent; 12-17-2013 at 05:09 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2013, 05:05 PM

1,404 posts, read 1,031,929 times
Originally Posted by surfman
Apparently you only pretend to have cognitive abilities.

Where does Renault say they can't or shouldn't own a gun? Nothing but a lame attempt at deflection, which is progressive SOP. When you can't win an argument with facts, deflect and sidetrack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrazyattic View Post
I was replying to another poster, and the problems he/she has encountered. BTW- I am a conservative, gun loving, gun owning, person. So your agenda is not working on me.
I posted what you said in response to what he said, Again I ask, where did he/she say anything you accused him/her of?

I am a conservative gun owning libertarian, and the only agenda I have is common sense. I guess you're right, it isn't working.

Old 12-17-2013, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
And that's exactly why this entire thing is so horrifying. There is absolutely nothing any of us can point to that explains why things went so terribly wrong.
And this is the variable that nobody can account for. Who knows what snapped, but isn't this why it is called snapping? Fortunately, it is rare for such things to happen, but they do. Sometimes there simply isn't an answer.

The horrifying thing (to me) is the first thing the media, politicians, and people do is politicize a tragedy like this. I think this shows just how ignorant a society we've become. Just when you think Feinstein has finally shut the hell up, she gets more ammunition to shoot off her mouth again.

Old 12-17-2013, 05:52 PM

833 posts, read 1,199,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfman View Post
Originally Posted by surfman
Apparently you only pretend to have cognitive abilities.

Where does Renault say they can't or shouldn't own a gun? Nothing but a lame attempt at deflection, which is progressive SOP. When you can't win an argument with facts, deflect and sidetrack.

I posted what you said in response to what he said, Again I ask, where did he/she say anything you accused him/her of?

I am a conservative gun owning libertarian, and the only agenda I have is common sense. I guess you're right, it isn't working.
I was not addressing the OP. Why do us libertarians have to fight!?

Old 12-17-2013, 06:16 PM

29,825 posts, read 24,913,395 times
Democrat = communist = Obama = domestic terrorist. The incident perpetrated in Colorodo was simply a symptom of the disease.

Old 12-17-2013, 06:44 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Please don't add fuel to the fire, Kat. Yes, this part of the metro area is generally affluent, but let's not portray every child who grows up in the south Denver suburbs as an entitled brat. You know as well as I do that's not the case.

And, btw, county property records indicate that the Piersons bought their home from the builder twenty years ago for a tad more than $150,000. It's a little over 2,000 square feet on a fairly small lot in a middle class neighborhood. Nice enough, but hardly rich kid housing.

This family looks just like most every other in the Denver suburbs: two college-educated parents with professional positions that afforded them a comfortable, but not extravagant, lifestyle. Although the Piersons were divorced, both appear to have been loving parents, who were active in their child's life. Karl was a bright and accomplished young man, who had applied to attend the Air Force Academy upon graduation.

Yeah, sorry. One of those moments. (The house does look big to me.)

Old 12-17-2013, 07:01 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,369,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Yeah, sorry. One of those moments. (The house does look big to me.)
The photo makes the house look more luxurious and bigger than it really is, and I have to wonder if that's not by design. It's a pretty standard Ryland tract home: narrow and boxy with all the architectural detail up front. Not a bad house at all -- in fact, mine isn't much different -- but it's not country club material by any stretch of the imagination.

Last edited by randomparent; 12-17-2013 at 08:04 PM..

Old 12-17-2013, 09:53 PM

5,252 posts, read 4,677,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Colorado school shooter came armed for slaughter: cops - NY Daily News

Sounds like any/all of the ardent leftists that post here. So leftists, please don't buy a gun. You clearly can't be trusted with one.
Are you for real????? What low mind takes a sad situation like this and turns it into a political rant??? I'm thinking that there may be little difference between you and the off the wall nuts surrounding us.......

Old 12-18-2013, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrazyattic View Post
I was not addressing the OP. Why do us libertarians have to fight!?
WE shouldn't have to. We should learn from the implosion of the Republicans as their so-called Old Party progressives fight against the TEA Party (who are really the old school constitutionalists) conservatives for control.

Again, with respect, I was simply pointing out that you jumped to a conclusion that didn't exist.

Libertarians can agree to disagree, but either way we agree.

Old 12-18-2013, 05:17 PM

Quote:
The photo makes the house look more luxurious and bigger than it really is, and I have to wonder if that's not by design. It's a pretty standard Ryland tract home: narrow and boxy with all the architectural detail up front. Not a bad house at all -- in fact, mine isn't much different -- but it's not country club material by any stretch of the imagination.
If they lived here in California

This 3+2 (1400sq ft) is listed for $350k right now. Good luck making that look like anything but a glorified box.

Anyone who owns a 4+2.5 in a decent area would have to be a millionaire according to main scream media.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies