Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 09:59 AM

1,499 posts, read 4,833,597 times

Advertisements

I am loving this. That moron, Mark Cuban, the anti-American millionary who owns the Dallas Mavericks has been humiliated by his movie designed to kill US troops and create anti-Americanism overseas.

To date, this pathetic movie, designed to LOOK LIKE a documentary, yet shows a rare instance of 4 bad apples among the 250,000 US-soldier presence in Iraq has made $25,628!!! LOL That is LESS than what I make a year!! LOL

This movie BOMBED, as "Lions for Lambs" have bombed. Maybe Cuban is hoping the Iranian, Syrian, and other terrorist-sponsoring governments will buy this movie and help him pay for the costs of this movie??

Here are the numbers on this abysmal movie: Movie Redacted - Box Office Data, News, Cast Information - The Numbers

Lions for Lambs - another anti-American movie (also costing millions to make and making NO money) made

Total US Gross $13,792,000
International Gross $20,000,000
Worldwide Gross $33,792,000 --> This is less than "Enchanted" made in its first weeks!! LOL

Lions for Lambs - Box Office Data, Movie News, Cast Information - The Numbers

Are Americans starting to hate these anti-American movies? Or it is that people just don't like to see our brave soldiers being smeared???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2007, 10:09 AM

3,337 posts, read 5,121,316 times
Yes. It's tiring to see all these movie producers continuously make movies that show the military in a negative light while at the same time make millions doing so.

I have no problem with a producer being against the war and publicly saying so. That is their right. However, they'll scream about how they support the troops after making these movies. We get it Hollywood! You hate the war. Go back to making your terrible movies (I mean, really, when was the last GOOD movie?).

Doesn't it seem hypocritical that the same Hollywood cast of characters (Redford, Penn, Sarandon, etc.) who are vocal about being anti-war are the ones that are profiting from the war??

Old 11-26-2007, 10:15 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,805,597 times
In this case opposing this war and the militaristic empire builders that created it is the highest form of patriotism. Supporting the war is just helping the war profiteers and militarists bent on destroying our Republic.

I do not think this movie was even shown in NH. Perhaps corporate censorship?

Old 11-26-2007, 10:22 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,197,413 times
If I am not mistaken, all military or war related movies for or against, haven't done well lately in the box office. Probably because Americans are weary of war and is reflected by the 60-70% of Americans who wish to depart Iraq and sadly, our original mission in Afghanistan.

Old 11-26-2007, 10:28 AM

1,499 posts, read 4,833,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc5156 View Post
Yes. It's tiring to see all these movie producers continuously make movies that show the military in a negative light while at the same time make millions doing so.

I have no problem with a producer being against the war and publicly saying so. That is their right. However, they'll scream about how they support the troops after making these movies. We get it Hollywood! You hate the war. Go back to making your terrible movies (I mean, really, when was the last GOOD movie?).

Doesn't it seem hypocritical that the same Hollywood cast of characters (Redford, Penn, Sarandon, etc.) who are vocal about being anti-war are the ones that are profiting from the war??
I agree, they can oppose the war all they want. But when they make a movie DESIGNED to stir up hatred against the US military for doing what they are TOLD (remember how the hippies attacked the soldiers who had NO CHOICE but to follow orders and go to Vietnam), is despicable.

I think Mark Cuban WANTS to allow foreign dictators to show the rape/murder part of this movie so they can recruit more terrorists and create more anti-Americanism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
In this case opposing this war and the militaristic empire builders that created it is the highest form of patriotism. Supporting the war is just helping the war profiteers and militarists bent on destroying our Republic.

NH censorship?!? Please! This is called the MARKET doing something smart. This movie is a bomb, people hate it, no one wants to see it (proof is in the numbers of viewers and gross revenue raised). If movie theaters show it, no one will see it, theaters will lose $$ and theaters are in business to make money. That is the free market.

This movie is a total loser...

But what I want to know is WHY people are not seeing this movie! Is it because it is crap? Because critics are saying the acting sucks and it is way overacted (like daytime soaps)?? Is it because people are tired of anti-American stuff? Because people cannot stand another "Hippie craze" against the soldiers, not the war???

Old 11-26-2007, 10:51 AM

2,935 posts, read 5,001,068 times
I want to be a millionary.

Old 11-26-2007, 10:58 AM

14,044 posts, read 27,227,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
If I am not mistaken, all military or war related movies for or against, haven't done well lately in the box office. Probably because Americans are weary of war and is reflected by the 60-70% of Americans who wish to depart Iraq and sadly, our original mission in Afghanistan.
I agree, I think US citizens are tired of the war. Frankly, I think the film industry has erred in making these movies while the action is still going on, I don't think it is a pro or anti war issue.

I think that the movies shouldn't have been released until at least a few years after we were fully withdrawn from Iraq.

Old 11-26-2007, 11:18 AM

3,337 posts, read 5,121,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post

Opposing the war is okay as I said in my post. Making several movies painting our military, the people that protect you and me, in a negative light without all facts is not patriotism. It's stupidity and greed.

I just hope you include Hollywood as part of the war profiteer machine. For some reason, I don't think you do.

Old 11-26-2007, 11:26 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,340,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishmonger View Post
I want to be a millionary.
Isn't that a yellow bird wirh cash to burn?

Old 11-26-2007, 11:36 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,453,101 times
Oppose the war if you want to.
BUT......
Our Troops need our Support.
They are putting their life on the line for us, unfortunately even the one's who are against them, will benefit from their efforts.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies