Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2013, 05:55 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,291,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I thought Texas was the pinnacle of freedom in this country?
That's what the idiots who keep moving here think.

I wish they'd leave and take their police state BS with them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2013, 06:16 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
I keep on reading this and I don't see where the title of the story makes any sense. You might say that after the fact that they were searched for future crimes but nobody knew that they weren't up and cooking by now.

There are times that searches don't turn up what was hoped for. I would still toss the evidence because of how they went about getting the warrant but as a judge I'd sign the warrant under a different scenario.

If the police came to me and said that they have had a suspect under watch for a month and on good information they have been told that the suspect had been able to sneak in the means to cook meth you don't have to wait until they walk out with the meth to arrest them.

It seems that they were in the midst of committing a crime even if they hadn't completed the crime yet. The warrant wasn't approved because they might some day commit a crime.

Old 12-18-2013, 06:23 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,580,750 times
Quote:
Your entire country is at serious risk of becoming a complete "Police state".

Old 12-18-2013, 06:57 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,938,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
Your entire country is at serious risk of becoming a complete "Police state".
If we aren't one already. The only OECD country ahead of us in that department is the UK. They have street cameras EVERYWHERE. Ever see the British movie Hot Fuzz? "From this command center, I can see what the whole village is up to" is actually reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
That's what the idiots who keep moving here think.

I wish they'd leave and take their police state BS with them.
That's what right-wingers who live in Texas keep saying seems like there's a disconnect here somewhere...

Old 12-18-2013, 08:11 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
Its called conspiracy and like always search warrants have to be based on probable cause issued by a judge. Nothing new there.

Old 12-18-2013, 08:16 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
How about arresting everyone at a bar for future drunk driving?

So, there was a judge ordered search warrant, that found all the chemicals for cooking meth?

Thing is, all the chemicals are legal to own. Once they get put on the stove mixed, then it is a crime, but not before.

Old 12-18-2013, 08:20 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:

Far from it. Ever been to Austin? They have the most racist democrat appointed police force in Texas.

Old 12-19-2013, 03:58 AM

8,483 posts, read 6,933,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
So, there was a judge ordered search warrant, that found all the chemicals for cooking meth?

Thing is, all the chemicals are legal to own. Once they get put on the stove mixed, then it is a crime, but not before.
This is my thought also. A slippery slope to follow.

Old 12-19-2013, 04:23 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,455,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
How about arresting everyone at a bar for future drunk driving?
Law enforcement may act if they have probable cause that a crime has been committed, is in the process of being committed, or will be committed sometime in the future. It has always been this way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies