Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2013, 11:13 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
harry reid is just following orders from the president.
Well I guess you won't be seeing a bunch of poorly written right wing bills getting voted on in the Senate....maybe if the House wants their bills to be voted on in the Senate, they should send them bi-partisan bills.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2013, 10:33 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Well I guess you won't be seeing a bunch of poorly written right wing bills getting voted on in the Senate....maybe if the House wants their bills to be voted on in the Senate, they should send them bi-partisan bills.
which means you want them to send the senate what the democrats want them to send, not what is good for the country.

Old 12-19-2013, 10:43 AM

8,610 posts, read 7,894,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Theyre in the senate...and..the title here is "President obama what are you waiting for?"

Are you kidding me? You DO know we have a house, a senate, and a president for a reason, and that the president doesnt decide what passes the senate?

The topic title is just insane.

Slow down!

This democratic senate is in the front pocket of Barry's golf shirt (blue, unlike Tiger's usual red). They won't do anything unless it fits the narrative of whatever crapola he wants to shove off onto us. If he says black guns are bad they will all toe that line and try to push illegal bills through to the house to be turned down. The POTUS owns the sitting senate. Ask a republican stuck in that insane asylum.

Old 12-19-2013, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
which means you want them to send the senate what the democrats want them to send, not what is good for the country.
No, I want them to send bills that both Republicans and Democrats agree on in the House. Not everything has to be this hyper partisan bulls**t that you guys keep going on about.

Old 12-19-2013, 10:59 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
Don't feel so bad, your Republicans got to pass plenty of bad partisan bills when Bush was in office.
Which ones?

Your hero spent money like a drunken sailor because he had both sides of the aisle. Partisan.

Obamacare, partisan.

I could go on all day.

Old 12-19-2013, 11:55 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
No, I want them to send bills that both Republicans and Democrats agree on in the House. Not everything has to be this hyper partisan bulls**t that you guys keep going on about.
Do you think Obamacare was "BI-partisan? If you do, it's time to wake up from Obamamania.

Old 12-19-2013, 11:58 AM

7,502 posts, read 5,752,205 times
Quote:
Passing bad partisan bills that does nothing for job creation other than lining the pockets of the "job creators" is why those bills passed in the House were dead on arrival to the Senate.
You realize dear leader has increased the divide between rich and poor greater than any of his predecessors.

Old 12-19-2013, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Do you think Obamacare was "BI-partisan? If you do, it's time to wake up from Obamamania.
No, I don't think ACA was partisan, though I do think it was modeled after a Republican idea and I would wager that if it was named McCainCare or something like that, you guys would be all for this bill and it would have gotten bipartisan support.

Old 12-19-2013, 12:00 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,111,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedos View Post
When these politicians agree on something, run and but stock in vasiline.

...ouch...

Old 12-19-2013, 01:13 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
No, I don't think ACA was partisan, though I do think it was modeled after a Republican idea and I would wager that if it was named McCainCare or something like that, you guys would be all for this bill and it would have gotten bipartisan support.
if it were the same bill, i would still be against it. bad law is bad law regardless of who puts it up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies