Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2014, 02:04 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,935,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
75% of Americans live paycheck to paycheck..even those making good money.
DEBT is strangling America.
It is strangling the planet. Greece was basically sold off. JPM and GS were all too eager to help.
IMF will soon be able to save the day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2014, 04:56 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,337,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
No not many.

Let me do your legwork for you since you won't because it would espose your post as a huge fraud.

The median retirement savings amount for those 25 to 34 is $0. That is right, the majority of young Americans don’t even have a penny saved to their name.

The epic crisis in retirement savings: Vast majority of Americans unprepared for retirement. Median retirement savings for those 25 to 34? Zero dollars.

Two-thirds of Americans don't save enough
Two-thirds of Americans don't save enough (Page 2 of 3)

Average American family savings account balance $3,800
Percent of working Americans who are not saving for retirement 40 %
Percent of American families who have no savings at all 25 %

American Family Financial Statistics | Statistic Brain

Oh I know what happened to their money, they were spending it all on guns. LMAO
Next
There's really nothing new about the fact that most Americans don't save enough. The US personal savings rate is roughly 4% and has fallen drastically from when it peaked in the 70's and early 80's (that decline happened during the 80's and 90's) - during the Reagan, Bush 41 and Clinton years - a time that was generally fairly affluent but saving rates fell (go figure)). Still, it's now back up to about double what it was during the last half of the Bush years (US savings rate was down to about 2% from 2005 thru 2007).

United States Personal Savings Rate | Actual Data | Forecasts

As far as young people not saving - no surprise there. It's pretty much always been the case that folks don't start saving for retirement until they are near 40.

Still, the SMART people - you know, the ones like ME who were SMART ENOUGH to recognize that the stock market had bottomed - have done well with their 401Ks, so don't blame ME for the fact that you were not smart enough to recognize the opportunities afforded by the both the recovering housing and stock markets.
It cracks me up that those folks who constantly espouse "personal responsibility" are always the first ones to blame the government because THEY weren't smart enough to be wise with their money.

It's not the governments' responsibility to make you money - it's YOUR responsibilty to recognize opportunities and take advantage of them. The past 6 years have given you AMPLE opportunities to make money in both the stock market and the housing market, but rather than do so, you chose to simply whine and b*tch and complain.
But if that's the way you want it, so be it. Me and millions of others watched our 401Ks grow - you, probably not so much - and THAT makes me very happy.

Ken

Last edited by LordBalfor; 03-31-2014 at 05:20 PM..

Old 03-31-2014, 08:53 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,875,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
There's really nothing new about the fact that most Americans don't save enough. The US personal savings rate is roughly 4% and has fallen drastically from when it peaked in the 70's and early 80's (that decline happened during the 80's and 90's) - during the Reagan, Bush 41 and Clinton years - a time that was generally fairly affluent but saving rates fell (go figure)). Still, it's now back up to about double what it was during the last half of the Bush years (US savings rate was down to about 2% from 2005 thru 2007).

As far as young people not saving - no surprise there. It's pretty much always been the case that folks don't start saving for retirement until they are near 40.

Still, the SMART people - you know, the ones like ME who were SMART ENOUGH to recognize that the stock market had bottomed - have done well with their 401Ks, so don't blame ME for the fact that you were not smart enough to recognize the opportunities afforded by the both the recovering housing and stock markets.
It cracks me up that those folks who constantly espouse "personal responsibility" are always the first ones to blame the government because THEY weren't smart enough to be wise with their money.

It's not the governments' responsibility to make you money - it's YOUR responsibilty to recognize opportunities and take advantage of them. The past 6 years have given you AMPLE opportunities to make money in both the stock market and the housing market, but rather than do so, you chose to simply whine and b*tch and complain.
But if that's the way you want it, so be it. Me and millions of others watched our 401Ks grow - you, probably not so much - and THAT makes me very happy.

Ken
You can make anything up about me that you want, and judging by your posts you will, none of this has anything to do with me.
With all the lies you post about me why believe you when you say you've made money in the stock market? You never saw the biggest collapse since the Great Depression coming so why believe you? Your posts have gone from ignorant perceptions to outright lies. So why believe you?

I blame government for, yet again, being the cause of another bubble.

But keep falsely testifying for me King of the Strawman.

Old 04-01-2014, 05:46 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
Straw man????? You don't even know what that means. here let me, yet again, do your legwork for you
"when one side attacks a position―the "straw man"―not held by the other side, then acts as though the other side's position has been refuted."

I'm embarrassed for you.
You should be embarrassed for yourself for the way you talk to people. In the other hand, I understand your bitterness since you failed to capitalize on the opportunities. I told you simple facts about many people having money to buy stocks and guns, and you turned that into ridicule about those profits not being enough to retire. Who said anything about making enough to retire? A straw man. A LOT of people made good money on stocks after the crash, and a lot of people spent their money on guns. In 2012 Americans pumped $31 000 000 000.00 into guns. Yes, they had the money. And 2013 smashed that record. Who is buying those guns if no one has any money?

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 04-01-2014 at 06:08 AM..

Old 04-01-2014, 06:15 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
Quote:

Ken

Why save, when it doesn't make money and actually loses worth/value sitting in a savings account.

END THE FED!

Old 04-01-2014, 08:46 AM

Quote:
You can make anything up about me that you want, and judging by your posts you will, none of this has anything to do with me.
With all the lies you post about me why believe you when you say you've made money in the stock market? You never saw the biggest collapse since the Great Depression coming so why believe you? Your posts have gone from ignorant perceptions to outright lies. So why believe you?

I blame government for, yet again, being the cause of another bubble.

But keep falsely testifying for me King of the Strawman.
"Falsify" what?
It's not MY data. I just report what's there. Don't blame me that you don't like what it says.
And as far as "seeing something coming" - THIS is what I "saw coming":
The stock market turnaround back in 2009
The housing market turnaround
The job market turnaround
The general economic recovery
Obama's election
Obama's re-election
The pitiful failure of Ted Cruze to defund Obamacare
Seems to me that you were on the WRONG SIDE of EVERY ONE of those predictions (and many, many, many more) - and in fact, I've yet to see you proven right on ANYTHING.

In any event it's pretty obvious you have nothing value of add to any conversation since all you can do is throw insults so I think it's time to put you on ignore. I'm tired of reading your ignorant nonsense. It's a total waste of time and I have more important things to do. So post as you wish, I won't be seeing it.

Bye

Ken

Old 04-01-2014, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You should be embarrassed for yourself for the way you talk to people. In the other hand, I understand your bitterness since you failed to capitalize on the opportunities. I told you simple facts about many people having money to buy stocks and guns, and you turned that into ridicule about those profits not being enough to retire. Who said anything about making enough to retire? A straw man. A LOT of people made good money on stocks after the crash, and a lot of people spent their money on guns. In 2012 Americans pumped $31 000 000 000.00 into guns. Yes, they had the money. And 2013 smashed that record. Who is buying those guns if no one has any money?
Yeah, a lot of morons stocked up on guns and ammo for no reason whatsoever. I don't mind though, they helped the economic recovery.

Ken

Old 04-01-2014, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Why save, when it doesn't make money and actually loses worth/value sitting in a savings account.

END THE FED!
Why save?
Gee I don't know - maybe so that you will have money in an EMERGENCY?

There's always tons of excuses for why "not to save" - none of which will be of any use if a situation arises where you NEED savings.

Ken

Old 04-01-2014, 11:21 AM

8,483 posts, read 6,935,208 times
Quote:
Yeah, a lot of morons stocked up on guns and ammo for no reason whatsoever. I don't mind though, they helped the economic recovery.

Ken
Not sure of the numbers on ammo stocking or what relevance it is to this thread, but the govt seems to have quite the demand for ammo. Not sure how you would know if there was "no reason" for ammo purchases.

Old 04-01-2014, 11:30 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
Not sure of the numbers on ammo stocking or what relevance it is to this thread, but the govt seems to have quite the demand for ammo. Not sure how you would know if there was "no reason" for ammo purchases.
Why don't you check NRA website for the explanation. You might be surprised they do not support the conspiracy theorists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies