Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2013, 08:34 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,489,451 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
They are nor similar, and the laws in question are not bans, in fact they make no mention at all of gays.

Skin color is an inborn trait. Homosexuality is not.
Homosexuality is inborn, I did not choose to be gay, nor did two of my brothers, an uncle and a niece. Nor did any of my gay friends, none of us chose to be homosexual. Just because you do not accept that, does not mean being gay is not something one is born with. I cannot make myself straight anymore than I could make myself black. Any law that directly discourages same sex marriage is a ban, any law that directly associates marriage as exclusive to only a man and a woman is a ban. All will fall, all will fail in time, our constitution protects the freedoms of all of its citizens, not just straight ones.

Old 12-22-2013, 08:36 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,000,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
Homosexuality is inborn, I did not choose to be gay, nor did two of my brothers, an uncle and a niece. Nor did any of my gay friends, none of us chose to be homosexual. Just because you do not accept that, does not mean being gay is not something one is born with. I cannot make myself straight anymore than I could make myself black. Any law that directly discourages same sex marriage is a ban, any law that directly associates marriage as exclusive to only a man and a woman is a ban. All will fall, all will fail in time, our constitution protects the freedoms of all of its citizens, not just straight ones.
Where is the gay gene?

Old 12-22-2013, 08:39 PM

3,124 posts, read 4,935,410 times
Quote:
Where is the gay gene?
In-born traits don't have to be genetic

Old 12-22-2013, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lior Arel View Post
In-born traits don't have to be genetic
Really? The gay army always shamelessly compares themselves to the black civil rights movement.

Are you saying that skin pigmentation is not genetic?

Old 12-22-2013, 08:45 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,097,577 times
Quote:
Really? The gay army always shamelessly compares themselves to the black civil rights movement.

When are you going to get it through your head that the comparison is a legal one - the legal treatment of black people as compared to gay people - not a comparison between race and sexuality.

Old 12-22-2013, 09:05 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,770,017 times
Quote:
Where is the gay gene?
What makes you think it has to be controlled by a singular gene to be genetic? Lots of genes, epigenes, hormones, etc. are involved. Sexuality is too complex to be controlled by a single gene. It's still determined in fetal development.

Old 12-22-2013, 09:21 PM

3,124 posts, read 4,935,410 times
Quote:

Your post makes no sense I don't even know how to respond to your word salad.

Old 12-22-2013, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
When are you going to get it through your head that the comparison is a legal one - the legal treatment of black people as compared to gay people - not a comparison between race and sexuality.
There is absolutely zero comparison of the treatment of those groups.

To even suggest so is a slap in the face of the surviving people of the black civil rights movement, and pissing on the graves of those who gave their lives in support of that worthy cause.

Old 12-22-2013, 10:28 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,380,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
What makes you think it has to be controlled by a singular gene to be genetic? Lots of genes, epigenes, hormones, etc. are involved. Sexuality is too complex to be controlled by a single gene. It's still determined in fetal development.
You are talking with someone who thinks evolution is a myth and believes in Young Earth Creationism.

Old 12-22-2013, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lior Arel View Post
Your post makes no sense I don't even know how to respond to your word salad.
It makes perfect sense.

No gay gene exists. Correct?

Dragonslayer suggested that inborn traits do not have to be genetic.

The gay army compares itself to the black civil rights movement - shamelessly, Harrier might add.

If the two are comparable, and homosexuality is not a genetic trait, does that mean that proponents of gay marriage who compare themselves to the black civil rights activists, think that skin pigmentation is also not genetic?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies