Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2013, 03:40 PM

1,349 posts, read 664,571 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by personne View Post
Okay, I take back what I've previously posted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Thank you.
The whole quote was :

Quote:
Okay, I take back what I've previously posted. You can't be for real. Excellent trolling, Harrier, you're hilarious

You're so adept at reading only what you want, denial at such a degree is a rare skill.

In France, we call such people "imbéciles heureux". Happy fools, if you want. So out of reach that they stay in a permanent state of contentment. Not an insult, just a state of mind.

Old 12-31-2013, 03:43 PM

5,189 posts, read 5,339,311 times
Quote:
The proof of their existence is the Biblical record and your own existence.
Riiiiight.

Quote:
Do you similarly dispute the existence of George Washington?
You mean the guy with the wig who tangled with a talking snake and chopped down the forbidden Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil in the Garden of Eden?

No. He's definitely for real.

Old 12-31-2013, 03:44 PM

20,836 posts, read 17,115,957 times
Quote:
Yes, it does has to do with laws and their formation, since California would not exist as it does today if not for the Mexican War.

Thank you for giving Harrier an additional angle of argument to pursue.

So far Harrier has been asking two questions.

Did the Mexican War contribute to the subsequent Irish population in California?

Was the Mexican policy towards the Native American population in Alta California preferable to the American policy, and would some of those native nations survived had Mexico won the war?
You're welcome. I find the discernment of facts to be indistinguishable from accuracy and one can only know that with mental elbow grease. I would recommend that you add to your perspective on the bible's view as "what you believe" rather than fact. All people are entitled to their own opinion but not their own facts nest pa?

BTW from my reading the brutality towards the native peoples by both groups was horrific. America did not want slaves, Mexico did.

Old 12-31-2013, 03:44 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,024,945 times
Quote:
And by the way, very happy for Utah citizens.
It is not anything for Utah citizens to be happy about - in fact the state of Utah is rightfully appealing the criminal judge's decision.

The state of Utah is the victim of judicial tyranny, in a blatant violation of the U.S. constitution, just as were us citizens of California not long ago.

Old 12-31-2013, 03:47 PM

20,836 posts, read 17,115,957 times
BTW Utah filed an "emergency appeal" to stop the weddings. Justice Sonia is expected to refer it to the full SCOTUS. Utah stated in it's brief that "chaos" has occurred due to all the weddings.

Lions Tigers and Bears ! Oh My!

Old 12-31-2013, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
BTW from my reading the brutality towards the native peoples by both groups was horrific. America did not want slaves, Mexico did.
The slavery question is another good angle, and there were people in the U.S. who wanted California to be a slave state - they were called Democrats.

You have made clear why the Mexican War is such an interesting, yet often overlooked, period of U.S. history.

Harrier has researched and given a speech about the San Patricio Battalion, who were Irish-American defectors from the U.S. Army who fought on the side of Mexico during the Mexican War.

Old 12-31-2013, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
No. He's definitely for real.
How do you know that George Washington was an actual person?

Old 12-31-2013, 03:50 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,393,354 times
Quote:
It is not anything for Utah citizens to be happy about - in fact the state of Utah is rightfully appealing the criminal judge's decision.

The state of Utah is the victim of judicial tyranny, in a blatant violation of the U.S. constitution, just as were us citizens of California not long ago.
You can add that belief to your other hysterically funny mythical beliefs.

Old 12-31-2013, 03:52 PM

1,349 posts, read 664,571 times
Quote:

It's always an occasion to rejoice when freedom and justice for all widens. Always.

And please, notice I said "for all" so that doesn't mean freedom to do anything, I'm beginning to see your way of arguing.

And it seems you don't have the faintest idea about what tyranny is. Even if I'm too young to have lived this of course, it's a lot more ingrained in my conscience and my culture, as a citizen of a continent that has known absolute monarchy, nazism, fascism and stalinism.

Count yourself lucky that you don't know what tyranny is. But that shouldn't keep you from educating yourself and stopping making outrageous fallacies.

Last edited by personne; 12-31-2013 at 04:05 PM..

Old 12-31-2013, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceist View Post
You can add that belief to your other hysterically funny mythical beliefs.
Your post makes zero sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies