Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2013, 12:57 PM

12,311 posts, read 9,778,832 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Obama has done nothing to change that. He's actually increased it but yet you feel some compelling reason to defend him.

Go figure.
Once again you are reading things that aren't there - in any way, shape, or form. And it is getting boooooorrrrriiiiiinnnngggg.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2013, 01:35 PM

31,297 posts, read 20,816,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
You're forgetting who won the last election and why. Obama didn't have a ghost of a chance but for the fact that the American people are done coddling the the modern American businessman - the ranks of which are permeated with a new breed - sociopaths devoid of morality or any social responsibility.
Hmmm.... is that why Obama gave millions of taxpayer dollars to his rich buddies at Solyndra? And many others?

Old 12-27-2013, 01:46 PM

24,620 posts, read 19,249,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
Prove 99% of min workers DON'T want to improve their lot!!
I don't have to prove it, and it is irrelevant anyway.

Quote:
As far as life in Australia, you can throw out all the cherry picked links you want to try to prove your point, but until you've actually lived here, you can't tell me how life here is, so don't even try.
And what impact has that had on full-time jobs versus part-time jobs in Australia?

Quote:
As far as my last point about more money for guns and ammo, well it's true isn't it? A righties pipe dream is to arm every man, woman and child. Prove to me it isn't!!!
Uh, when did you get off of your meds?

Quote:
Oz isn't perfect, but it has been and always will be better than America. Having lived in both nations is proof enough to me. Don't try to cut another nation down without actually having lived there, otherwise it's just another right-wing meaningless opinion
The population of Australia is nearly the same as the State of Ohio.

What's your point?

Quote:
The deck is stacked against them, as it's either that or nothing.
You mean their own stupidity is stacked against them.

Quote:
There's more job-seekers than available jobs, so getting a new one is quite difficult, so they are at the mercy of their current employers.
No, actually they are at the mercy of their own stupidity and greed.

Quote:
Lots of jobs were lost due to companies getting tax breaks to offshore jobs,...
That is not true at all. You might want to learn the definition of Global Economy. Those jobs are leaving the US not because of tax breaks, but due to intense Global competition.

Quote:
You can still make a healthy profit and treat your workers (who helped you attain that profit) well can't you?
Not if you want to compete Globally. I'll give you an opportunity to prove your point.

Fat Union Fred is paid $30/hour to run his Nissei plastic injection molding machine producing 12 plastic slotted spoons per hour.

Cosmin earns the minimum wage in Romania of $1.40/hour to run his Nissei plastic injection molding machine producing 12 plastic slotted spoons per hour.

1) which worker is more productive?
2) which worker has the lowest labor costs?
3) which worker has the lowest cost per part?

Explain why a Spaniard, a Filipino or a South African would pay more money for a plastic slotted spoon made by Fat Union Fred, when a plastic slotted spoon of equal quality can be purchased from Cosmin for significantly less money?

Quote:
I'm going off of personal experience.
Nobody cares, but thanks for sharing just the same.

Quote:
Side note to all you righties. Just think if min wage WAS increased to $15 per hour. That means all people would have more income to buy guns and ammo-now isn't THAT a righties wet dream???
That is definitely differently twisted.

Quote:
So people have to live like paupers, a Spartan lifestyle, and as far as roommates, what if you don't know anyone else in town?
Now would be a good chance to get to know other people....and you might be able to do that, if only you could put your cell-phone down for 5 seconds....

http://www.sharedfamilyhousing.com/about_us.php

...or not....I guess you could access the site from your cell-phone, or down-load it as an app or something.

Quote:
Good folks shouldn;t have to jump through hoops to live, should they?
Doesn't matter.

You are part of the problem, being a 1st Worlder who is accustomed to a certain Standard of Living and Life-Style.

I'll give you an econo-history lesson.

As a 1st Worlder, Aussies, Kiwis, Americans, Canadians, Brits and Europeans....well, Northern and Western Europeans (but not Southern Europeans and not Eastern Europeans), your Standard of Living is very high on the scale.

Call it 1 to 10, with Americans at 10, Canadians, Down-Unders and Brits at 9, and the rest of Western Northern Europe at 8.

The rest of the World falls between 1 and 5 (we'll say Southern Western Europeans are 5-7).

You being at 9 and 10 is a mistake; an aberration; a fantasy; a sham; a dream; an illusion; a crime; an abomination; a grotesque twist of circumstance and fate.

You were never supposed to be there.

You are supposed to be at 5 and 6, not 9 and 10.

How did you get to 9 and 10?

Using means and methods that are illegal, unethical, immoral, disgusting, horrid, grotesque and inhuman.

We can dumb that down to Military Conquest and Lack of Competition.

And here's the key to understanding everything: you now have competition globally, and you will have competition from this point forward; and, your ability to engage or employ military conquest is being severely restricted and limited.

America is 4.5% of the World's Population, yet you consume 25% of all petroleum resources, and 31% of all non-oil resources.

Those days are over, and there's nothing you can do about it. The World is changing. The Fool is the one who continues to cling to antiquated ideas and beliefs that are harmful and not productive, especially those beliefs claiming that you are entitled to, or owed, or deserve, a certain Standard of Living. The Wise person is the one who pushes for change.

You haven't had any leadership in the White House or on Capitol Hill for more than 25 years.

When you get a leader you will know, because that leader will push for changes.

So, when a family of three goes to apply for Food Stamps/SNAP benefits, they will be denied, because they do not live in a multi-family household that is non-related.

When that family moves into an apartment or house and shares it with another family, only then will they be able to apply for Food Stamps/SNAP benefits.....assuming the new disposable income they have from the cost-savings of sharing living accommodations does not disqualify them.

Same with HUD Housing.

You only get a voucher or are approved if you are in a multi-family non-related household....uh, of course, the cost-savings you get from sharing living accommodations might disqualify you.

If you think that is terrible, oh well, doesn't matter what you think, since you cannot control the Laws of Economics.

Americans cannot afford to subsidize everyone's Life-Style and Standard of Living. You can embrace that Reality, or have it forced upon you, but one way or another, you will bow-down, and you will take a few steps down in your Standard of Living, whether you like it or not.

That won't happen tomorrow, since it's Economics and not a train --- it doesn't run on a schedule, but it will happen and sooner than you think.

Realistically...

Mircea

Old 12-27-2013, 02:10 PM

12,311 posts, read 9,778,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Hmmm.... is that why Obama gave millions of taxpayer dollars to his rich buddies at Solyndra? And many others?
Again, people....please stop seeing Obama support in my message that is not there. I'm simply telling you why Romney lost when he shouldn't have....and why Obama won when he shouldn't have. Republicans have abandoned the economic interests of average Americans. Yes, more so than the Democrats have. Everyone knows that....and all the bloviating in the world against Obama-care and "gay" marriage isn't going to untarnish that well-earned image.

They will get behind average America working men and women or they will vanish, having handed America to the radical left out of inability to control their lust for the morally bankrupt Take the Money and Run lifestyle.

Old 12-27-2013, 07:34 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,048,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JettNexus View Post
That's because Australians have common sense. The USA let's immigrants flood into the country illegally and then allows outsourcing to continue and then blames the avg American for not being able to afford to live decently...

Well put!! Oz has some of the toughest immigration laws on earth, and a lot of Aussies say they aren't tough enough!! But I can now understand why. Native Aussies get first priority when it comes to jobs. It's a shame the U$ doesn't follow suit, but then there would be less available workers to drive down wages, can't have that. I don't miss the rampant greed that has taken hold of America.

Old 12-27-2013, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
No I have claimed correctly education, training, adding skills will increase your wages. It does it by enabling you to get past Mcjobs.
You are correct-in theory. Again if the jobs aren't there business have zero incentive to offer the higher salaries/wages. I did all that retraining, adding skills and nothing until I got to Oz. I really doubt I'm the only one that had that issue. There's just too many avail workers for too few jobs, so instead of using McJobs as a brief stepping stone as I also did, people are finding that finding better work is very difficult, and need to stay at those Mcjobs in spite of adding skills and education. Not that long ago, yes all that retraining, schooling etc did help, now it's still no guarantee. It may help a few, but it doesn't help enough if the openings aren't there

Old 12-27-2013, 07:52 PM

18,665 posts, read 20,024,329 times
Quote:
It may help a few, but it doesn't help enough if the openings aren't there
Openings will be fewer if they become more costly!!

Old 12-27-2013, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
I don't have to prove it, and it is irrelevant anyway.

wasn;t addressing you

And what impact has that had on full-time jobs versus part-time jobs in Australia?

what does that have to do with my statement, but to answer, almost none.

Uh, when did you get off of your meds?

same time as you, prick

The population of Australia is nearly the same as the State of Ohio.

What's your point?

what's yours? I was addressing someone else with that statement. how long have you lived in Oz to refute my opinion instead of resorting to snarky comments

You mean their own stupidity is stacked against them.
No the greed of employer is hurting these people. How arrogant of you to presume all those struggling are stupid. When did YOU get off your meds? How are they stupid??

No, actually they are at the mercy of their own stupidity and greed.

again-You know this how?? Way to generalize millions of people you don't know

That is not true at all. You might want to learn the definition of Global Economy. Those jobs are leaving the US not because of tax breaks, but due to intense Global competition.

Maybe, but you can't deny companies are also receiving tax breaks to offshore, so Global competition isn't the only reason, corporate greed plays a part

Not if you want to compete Globally. I'll give you an opportunity to prove your point.

Fat Union Fred is paid $30/hour to run his Nissei plastic injection molding machine producing 12 plastic slotted spoons per hour.

Cosmin earns the minimum wage in Romania of $1.40/hour to run his Nissei plastic injection molding machine producing 12 plastic slotted spoons per hour.

1) which worker is more productive?
2) which worker has the lowest labor costs?
3) which worker has the lowest cost per part?

Explain why a Spaniard, a Filipino or a South African would pay more money for a plastic slotted spoon made by Fat Union Fred, when a plastic slotted spoon of equal quality can be purchased from Cosmin for significantly less money?

of course we both know the answer to these questions, but I was asking about why a company like Costco can pay good wages, turn a profit, and stay in business. If they can, why can't other companies? I'm not saying overpay guys like fat union fred, but how about a happy medium??

Nobody cares, but thanks for sharing just the same.

way to be a prick again. You must care or you wouldn't have answered

That is definitely differently twisted.

It was tongue in cheek sarcasm, I was poking fun of the u$ gun fetish.

Now would be a good chance to get to know other people....and you might be able to do that, if only you could put your cell-phone down for 5 seconds....

http://www.sharedfamilyhousing.com/about_us.php

...or not....I guess you could access the site from your cell-phone, or down-load it as an app or something.

I don't have a fancy cell phone, just a cheap basic model to save money-but nice try at a rip shot
site doesn't load. Pretty sad folks have to room with strangers just to survive.
Doesn't matter.

yes or no question and yes it should matter

You are part of the problem, being a 1st Worlder who is accustomed to a certain Standard of Living and Life-Style.
I have always lived a very frugal lifestyle, which is why I'm semi retired at 48. Way to presume.

I'll give you an econo-history lesson.

As a 1st Worlder, Aussies, Kiwis, Americans, Canadians, Brits and Europeans....well, Northern and Western Europeans (but not Southern Europeans and not Eastern Europeans), your Standard of Living is very high on the scale.

Call it 1 to 10, with Americans at 10, Canadians, Down-Unders and Brits at 9, and the rest of Western Northern Europe at 8.

The rest of the World falls between 1 and 5 (we'll say Southern Western Europeans are 5-7).

You being at 9 and 10 is a mistake; an aberration; a fantasy; a sham; a dream; an illusion; a crime; an abomination; a grotesque twist of circumstance and fate.

You were never supposed to be there.

You are supposed to be at 5 and 6, not 9 and 10.

How did you get to 9 and 10?

Using means and methods that are illegal, unethical, immoral, disgusting, horrid, grotesque and inhuman.

We can dumb that down to Military Conquest and Lack of Competition.

And here's the key to understanding everything: you now have competition globally, and you will have competition from this point forward; and, your ability to engage or employ military conquest is being severely restricted and limited.

America is 4.5% of the World's Population, yet you consume 25% of all petroleum resources, and 31% of all non-oil resources.

Those days are over, and there's nothing you can do about it. The World is changing. The Fool is the one who continues to cling to antiquated ideas and beliefs that are harmful and not productive, especially those beliefs claiming that you are entitled to, or owed, or deserve, a certain Standard of Living. The Wise person is the one who pushes for change.

You haven't had any leadership in the White House or on Capitol Hill for more than 25 years.

When you get a leader you will know, because that leader will push for changes.

So, when a family of three goes to apply for Food Stamps/SNAP benefits, they will be denied, because they do not live in a multi-family household that is non-related.

When that family moves into an apartment or house and shares it with another family, only then will they be able to apply for Food Stamps/SNAP benefits.....assuming the new disposable income they have from the cost-savings of sharing living accommodations does not disqualify them.

Same with HUD Housing.

You only get a voucher or are approved if you are in a multi-family non-related household....uh, of course, the cost-savings you get from sharing living accommodations might disqualify you.

If you think that is terrible, oh well, doesn't matter what you think, since you cannot control the Laws of Economics.

Americans cannot afford to subsidize everyone's Life-Style and Standard of Living. You can embrace that Reality, or have it forced upon you, but one way or another, you will bow-down, and you will take a few steps down in your Standard of Living, whether you like it or not.

That won't happen tomorrow, since it's Economics and not a train --- it doesn't run on a schedule, but it will happen and sooner than you think.

Realistically...

Mircea
My responses to the first half of your post appeared to not have taken or are mixed up in your original post
Last half of your post was an interesting read and had good thought out points. I admit my experience with SNAP is low as I've never had to be on food stamps, so I will have to take your word for that. I will disagree that America is at 10 for all, maybe for the upper middle class and on, but certainly not for the middle and lower. Now when you say we should be at 5 or 6, does that include EVERY American even you? Are you happily going to go from 10 to 5 and do it willingly?? I also doubt that America is subsidizing me here in Australia. I also DO understand your point regarding the Global Economy, but you have to admit that Corporate greed is also way too prevalent, making matters even worse. From what I saw in America, only the middle and lower classes dropped from 9 or 10 down to 5. I refuse to believe that millions of hard working Americans, suddenly got stupid and lazy and have to live poorly as a result. All snark aside, I'll take Oz anyday of America. WE have Global competition too, but folks still are cared for here. Yes I know the population is smaller, but you'd think a nation as rich, powerful with the worlds most innovative minds as the US wouldn't have such a disparity in income between the classes, as well has a better safety net. Maybe just wishful thinking on my part

Old 12-27-2013, 08:28 PM

1,728 posts, read 1,783,368 times
You don't get it. Click on Mirceas name and then all posts by Mircea and read. He explained himself pretty clearly over the last couple years and I think even a proud aussie could benefit from his commentary

Old 12-27-2013, 10:41 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,067,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boner View Post
You don't get it. Click on Mirceas name and then all posts by Mircea and read. He explained himself pretty clearly over the last couple years and I think even a proud aussie could benefit from his commentary
Yes Mircea spells it out pretty well and that is why liberals never reply to his posts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies