Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2013, 02:30 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,684,460 times

Advertisements

I pose this question
Since when do we have to register weapons?
Why only guns? We have knives and swords they can kill people?
When the government asks you to register something they mean to tax so they can CONTROL IT it or come take it later or tell you that you have to many already!.
Either way what does that say about the other amendments of the constitution when they can tax you for owning something and or register your words. In order to get around the fourth Amendment besides the wonderful NSA should allow them to register all your items in your house so the government knows what you have.

You know its hard to secure a free state when the government is working REALLY hard to make sure it knows what weapons you have keeping track of them, how many mags etc. What happens when the enemy of the people is the state? So when you don't register your guns when what? Prison time, death by firing squad or the usual objective on the evening news, gun nut goes crazy holds himself inside ATF releases photos of hundreds of guns he might own!!, and kills the man for refusing to give up HIS PROPERTY. America? Land of the free you say? I say your lying to yourself.

Excuse me for protecting the free man and saying the government is the enemy.
The swiss are 3rd on the list of gun ownership, how come no mass shootings there. maybe we have a culture of people blaming the GUN and not the people.

Seung-Hui Cho murder
Adam Lanza murder
George Hennard murder
James Huberty murder
Charles Joseph Whitman murder
Patrick Henry Sherrill, murder
Nidal Malik Hasan murder
Jiverly Wong murder
Eric Harris murder
George Banks murder
Aaron Alexis murder
James E. Holmes murder
Mark Barton murder
Michael McLendon murder

Do you know what is common about these people they killed people and in most cases KILLED themselves.
Mass shootings in a country that loves to disarm its citizens in places where they need them.
Even the crazy people know if people are armed they want to be special and kill all the people they hate and or just want to go out remembered or whatever. Mass murders not mass shootings!!! The PEOPLE listed did the murdering not the GUNS and you can register them until your blue in the FACE it will not stop murders!!!
So when the murders enter stores, shopping malls, and movie theaters I hope they are meet with a citizen armed and trained who SAVES LIVES from the MURDER!!!

James Holmes was armed, innocent people unarmed since the history of time unarmed people DIE because the armed people is looking to hurt people. Movie theater was a gun free zone, did that law stop James holmes from killing people. What gun law are you going to make that actually protects the citizens without disarming their right to defend themselves against the so called "good" government. Would you care less if James holmes murder 33 people with a gun or a knife.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2013, 02:30 PM

2,836 posts, read 3,496,916 times
The right to have a gun - like all rights - is subject to law.

Old 12-27-2013, 02:31 PM

2,234 posts, read 1,759,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
I predict a moderate republican to be in the White House next.....
Republicans haven't changed anything, and they're infighting more than ever before. Republicans hate anything other than hardliners and I do not see a "moderate republican" republican making it past the primaries. Even if one does, he'll/she'll have to not only fight off the democrats, but also others in his own party... I just don't think republicans lost enough elections yet to get a clue. Libs are openly attacking and demonizing the minority and republicans are attacking and demonizing the majority. I just do not believe that's a winning strategy, and I think a ban that was defended will be back in full effect only worse.

Old 12-27-2013, 02:32 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,538,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
Gun nuts have a problem with anything relating to guns. They'd prefer to be able to stand in the middle of the street shooting people with no consequences.
I see you have chosen this time to demonstrate your extreme ignorance about rights and freedoms.

Old 12-27-2013, 02:33 PM

2,234 posts, read 1,759,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendell Phillips View Post
Are you suggesting that guns aren't currently subject to law, or that rights should be subject to any and all laws? Anything they can think up?

Old 12-27-2013, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
Exactly. President Obama has been perhaps the greatest gun salesman in our nation's history, and all without seizing a single firearm. The gun industry must love him.
Gun confiscation has already begun in NY.

Old 12-27-2013, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
So these people are simply trying to obey the law, and the OP would prefer they become criminals with guns?
The criminals are in the state house, for they are the ones that are violating the rights guarenteed to everyone in the US Constitution.

Old 12-27-2013, 02:39 PM

2,836 posts, read 3,496,916 times
The Second Amendment does not grant any rights. United States v. Cruikshank, 92 U.S. 542 (1875). Whatever rights that are secured under the Second Amendment, whether individual or collective, are nevertheless subject to law; which is to say that they are not unlimited. See District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008).

Old 12-27-2013, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendell Phillips View Post
Did you have to get a permit to post your demonstration of ignorance about the constitution. If I have to register my gun with the guberment, they you have to register your keyboard with the guberment so you could type that.

Old 12-27-2013, 02:41 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,507,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko View Post
Republicans haven't changed anything, and they're infighting more than ever before. Republicans hate anything other than hardliners and I do not see a "moderate republican" republican making it past the primaries. Even if one does, he'll/she'll have to not only fight off the democrats, but also others in his own party... I just don't think republicans lost enough elections yet to get a clue. Libs are openly attacking and demonizing the minority and republicans are attacking and demonizing the majority. I just do not believe that's a winning strategy, and I think a ban that was defended will be back in full effect only worse.
Nope. this man right here will be the next president.

He 100 percent represents America!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies