Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2013, 04:41 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,716,559 times

Advertisements

Meanwhile --- Obama's foreign labor is doing amazingly well:

How DACA is Impacting the Lives of Those Who are Now DACAmented | Immigration Policy Center

We find that the DACA recipients we surveyed experienced a pronounced increase in economic opportunities, such as getting a new job, opening their first bank account, and obtaining their first credit card.

Approximately 61% of DACA recipients surveyed have obtained a new job since receiving DACA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2013, 04:49 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,745,785 times
The Obama economy. Out of one side of their mouth they say things are better, out of the other side of their mouth they say keep subsidizing. What ever fits the narrative at the moment. And the IGNORANT will believe everything this administration and democrats say. Ignorance, sheer ignorance.

Old 12-30-2013, 05:02 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,421,542 times
What happens to the UE rate when those millions start looking for a job?

Old 12-30-2013, 05:13 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
yes, and it has. No one has said millions however other then some folks on the right trying to create a talking point. LOOK! Success!

The actual number of jobs created has been fairly minor-as expected.
Not only does your posting make no sense, but its also wrong.

You're saying a bunch of right wingers were projecting ACA will create millions of jobs? NOT..

Only lefties live in denial and then blame righties for projections that were completely laughable.. Look success..

Health Care Jobs Expected To Grow After 'Obamacare' Ruling - Careers Articles

In fact they were projecting 5.6 MILLION new jobs..

Thtas more than those who will lose their unemployment, so I guess we have no worries..

Old 12-30-2013, 05:22 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,380,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Not only does your posting make no sense, but its also wrong.

You're saying a bunch of right wingers were projecting ACA will create millions of jobs? NOT..

Only lefties live in denial and then blame righties for projections that were completely laughable.. Look success..

Health Care Jobs Expected To Grow After 'Obamacare' Ruling - Careers Articles

In fact they were projecting 5.6 MILLION new jobs..

Thtas more than those who will lose their unemployment, so I guess we have no worries..
Go read the link

The link you provide says NOTHING like that. It does however have another link on the bottom.....

which says that healthcare will create 5.6 million jobs by 2020...and let me qoute from it:

And regardless of whether President Obama’s healthcare reform law makes it past the Supreme Court intact, employment in the industry will still boom, researchers said.

Need I say more?

Old 12-30-2013, 05:24 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,441,267 times
some states have had 9 years of UIB under the federal program. its supposed to be a state temp assistance program while you are between jobs, it was converted to a welfare program by the feds.
why? bek its not a recession and recovery. its a contraction of the economy. those jobs are gone and not coming back.

Old 12-30-2013, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Go read the link

The link you provide says NOTHING like that. It does however have another link on the bottom.....

which says that healthcare will create 5.6 million jobs by 2020...and let me qoute from it:

And regardless of whether President Obama’s healthcare reform law makes it past the Supreme Court intact, employment in the industry will still boom, researchers said.

Need I say more?
In 2010, as Obamacare neared final passage, Nancy Pelosi promised it would be a big boost for Americans looking for work. "This bill is not only about the health security of America," Pelosi said. "It's about jobs. In its life it will create four million jobs, 400,000 jobs almost immediately."
"The health care bill," Pelosi said at another time, "is a jobs bill."

When did Nancy Pelosi become right wing? You should learn by now, I dont make claims I cant backup.

Old 12-30-2013, 05:43 PM

Quote:
In 2010, as Obamacare neared final passage, Nancy Pelosi promised it would be a big boost for Americans looking for work. "This bill is not only about the health security of America," Pelosi said. "It's about jobs. In its life it will create four million jobs, 400,000 jobs almost immediately."
"The health care bill," Pelosi said at another time, "is a jobs bill."

When did Nancy Pelosi become right wing?
lol, no now from it creating 5.6 million, we're back down to 400K, with 4million over its lifespan...

Whats the lifespan of this anyways? WTH is that?

But that being said...how many jobs has it created? 100K 400K? I have no idea...do you? ow many people run the websites,and phone banks?

Old 12-30-2013, 06:08 PM

Quote:
lol, no now from it creating 5.6 million, we're back down to 400K, with 4million over its lifespan...
I'm sorry you're having such trouble following along, here is my posting
Quote:
Werent we told Obamacare was going to generate millions of new jobs, because all of those uninsured will now be able go to the doctors?
If 4 million jobs, not millions of new jobs like I said?
Quote:
Whats the lifespan of this anyways? WTH is that?
10 years
Quote:
But that being said...how many jobs has it created? 100K 400K? I have no idea...do you? ow many people run the websites,and phone banks?
Do you think 400K run the website?

Thats far different from your previous statement that the number of new jobs are "minor" as expected...

Old 12-30-2013, 06:17 PM

Quote:
I'm sorry you're having such trouble following along, here is my posting

If 4 million jobs, not millions of new jobs like I said?

10 years

Do you think 400K run the website?
OK serious question here.....how do you get the lifespan is 10 years? Is that based on the common usage used to calculate savings/costs of tax changes? Or something else? On the face of it trying to get a lifespan number and then defining it is not going to be functional at all for a period of 10 years thats mixed with rising healthcare employment for people who are aging up as the baby boomers hit.

LOL, no not the website, but theres a ton of people involved in various parts of this. Whats the real number do you think of jobs created? 100K? 200K?

and if 10 years from now theres 5.6 million more healthcare employees (which as indicated by your lik would happen with or without the ACA) are those what was used?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies