Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2014, 08:05 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,021,070 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
That's the point that I am making to that poster. It's not as if it's the first thing you do in the morning, carry on during the day, and the last thing a night. Some people can make a joint last 2 days. My reason for smoking was to unwind at the end of a day. Even recreationally I didn't stand around sucking on joint after joint. But I did watch people knock back bottle after bottle of beer and drink after drink ending up stupid and sloppy and getting sick.
I watched folks hit the bong before during and after work too. Now how do you test for that?

Last edited by Ibginnie; 01-02-2014 at 09:27 PM.. Reason: off topic
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2014, 08:06 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,738,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
That's the point that I am making to that poster. It's not as if it's the first thing you do in the morning, carry on during the day, and the last thing a night. Some people can make a joint last 2 days. My reason for smoking was to unwind at the end of a day. Even recreationally I didn't stand around sucking on joint after joint. But I did watch people knock back bottle after bottle of beer and drink after drink ending up stupid and sloppy and getting sick.

that's why I only drink one or twice a year.. not to mention hangovers.. pot is a plateau high you get to a certain level and that's it!!! where as for hard booze the only plateau is when you are in the prone position out cold or swimming in your own barf

long time a go I witnessed this at a beach party, four friends that got to drunk laying in their own barf.. not once have I ever seen a pot smoker falling down or barfing, let alone just staggering..

Old 01-02-2014, 08:15 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,759,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I watched folks hit the bong before during and after work too. Now how do you test for that? Maybe they know in dubai?
This is one the scary aspects to legalization. The police can ask drivers to submit to blood testing if they suspect the driver is operating under the influence. At least in Colorado.

Old 01-02-2014, 08:19 PM

Quote:
No we need something in the legal system for this some sort of test. I am adamant about that if it is legalized which I hope it is and hope they come up with some sort of test. I guess a cop could just say they are impaired but hell what does that mean? I took years to get the breath crap legalized. You can say pot smokers are safe or what have you but I don't want some clown who's been smoking weed all day long kill one of my kids. So that is where it needs to go next. I guess in colorado they don't care. I do. So you don't mind some guy high off his mind driving ten miles an hour on the interstate? I mean hey he is driving slow.............LOL. Wait until this happens and Colorado gets sued for not putting something like this in place and get back to me.

all a cop has to do is do a sobriety test on the individual like all the same ones the do to see if someone is stoned drunk or blasted on big pharma opiates.!!!! seems more people are worried about pot then the later

Americans Consume 80 Percent Of the World's Painkillers - Business Insider

here's^^^ one of the real problems affecting the American society, but I never hear not one single person bitching about the epidemic that is prescription pain killers..

Old 01-02-2014, 08:27 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
KUchief is right. There is more to life than drugs and gambling.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 01-02-2014 at 08:42 PM..

Old 01-02-2014, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
KUchief is right. There is more to life than drugs and gambling.

you left out big pharma painkillers and alcoholand what about twinkies, 32 once sodas, chocolate brownies, I pads.. and so much more, surly one can live without those too..

Old 01-02-2014, 08:37 PM

What? You think folks actually never get some spiked weed or maybe do weed with booze? Oh no that would never happen. Cmon man think about what your saying? Did you ever party back in the day? What if that "spiked" weed is state run. Lawyers will flock to colorado.

Old 01-02-2014, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
you left out big pharma painkillers and alcoholand what about twinkies, 32 once sodas, chocolate brownies, I pads.. and so much more, surly one can live without those too..
That is all under federal regulations. Colorado weed aint. I don't think so anyway. Nobody can explain the rules. Do you have a link to the state of Colorado that spells out how all this works and how they will regulate it? Not that I'm for regulation I say hey you want it you got it but I just see lawsuits out the ying yang when folks start driving into other stoned or having health issues or who knows right? I mean you knwo how lawyers work they will sue anybody for anything and usually get out ok.

Make folks sign a paper that says colorado isn't liable for anything you do while under colorado weed. Of course if your high while you sign it that is moot too. Lawyers are lining up I bet. Where is John Edwards. Follow him to the money...........LOL

Old 01-02-2014, 08:48 PM

Quote:
That is all under federal regulations. Colorado weed aint. I don't think so anyway. Nobody can explain the rules. Do you have a link to the state of Colorado that spells out how all this works and how they will regulate it? Not that I'm for regulation I say hey you want it you got it but I just see lawsuits out the ying yang when folks start driving into other stoned or having health issues or who knows right? I mean you knwo how lawyers work they will sue anybody for anything and usually get out ok.

Make folks sign a paper that says colorado isn't liable for anything you do while under colorado weed. Of course if your high while you sign it that is moot too. Lawyers are lining up I bet. Where is John Edwards. Follow him to the money...........LOL

so wait a minute!! all those tens of thousands of pot smokers just decided to start smoking pot because Colorado legalized it?? no they all were smoking pot way before Colorado ever even had the concept of legalizing pot, the pot smokers were there, just like the pot smokers are in all other states.. nothing has changed except it is legal now to partake on private property without getting finnn jarbed or jailed.. and now the free market and state will make some mula out of it..

Old 01-02-2014, 08:53 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,140,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
sounds like a big fat lie!!!! in all my tenure I've never witnessed such a thing from pot only.. your friend must have got some spiked weed or was on some other hard drug like hard alcohol, pcp
I agree. I have never seen anyting remotely resembling this type of reaction from pot with the exception of a scene from "Reefer Madness" ...What hooey!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies