Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2014, 06:08 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,835,178 times

Advertisements

Girls' Basketball Game Turns Ugly With Some Help From Skylar Diggins

Straight in the face. POW. I'm not a follower of sports, but that seemed a bit excessive. I was wondering if this counted as assault. I saw no mention of anything more than being expelled from the game. In which case, playing basketball just became an easy way of punching people in the face that you don't particularly like.

Also, I didn't expect to see an all white girls vs all black girl game these days. Maybe that's just me. I figured their might be more diversity on teams. Before you go all "Oh, race bait thread." take a look at the video. If you don't notice it, then you are blind. The good thing I guess you can take from it is that they kicked the player out and it didn't turn into a brawl. Still, that girl punched the crap out of her. You can see her head bouncing off the gym floor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2014, 06:17 PM

3,555 posts, read 4,095,872 times
You probably could pursue it. I think it would depend entirely on the district attorney for a criminal case. Civil would be easier. At the professional level, prosecutors typically stay away from these matters. Shawn Thornton's Sucker Punch on Brooks Orpik Shows the Ugliest Side of Hockey | Bleacher Report

Old 01-03-2014, 08:54 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times
Quite disgusting and uncalled for, I will leave it at that.......don't want ANOTHER suspension!

Old 01-04-2014, 01:42 AM

24,411 posts, read 23,070,474 times
There's a local controversy over an altercation during a football game. One player ripped off the helmet of another player and hit him with it. I believe he's been charged with assault but the case is still being investigated. There were extenuating circumstances according to sources, that the charged player had been targeted by the other player who repeatedly went after his leg since he had just come back from having knee surgery. In the altercation the player had in fact grabbed the other players leg and was trying to twist it and that set off the response.
IMO its stupid to charge the player since there have been far worse cases of aggressiveness in professional sports that are ignored legally.

Old 01-04-2014, 05:12 AM

2,523 posts, read 2,203,327 times
She belongs in the NBA with that flop.

Old 01-04-2014, 05:15 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
In the USA you can sue for anything and people do. In this case the offending athlete should be banned from sports.

Old 01-04-2014, 05:17 AM

2,523 posts, read 2,203,327 times
Ron Artest knocked out about 5 fans in Detroit and he is still in the NBA.

Old 01-04-2014, 05:38 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Why does the word "sue" have to come up when the least little thing goes wrong? The stupid, uncontrolled player should be banned from basketball, maybe even suspended from school, but for heavens sake can we stop this crap about sue for this, sue for that. Golly, I think if any of us thought hard enough we could find something to sue someone for everyday of our lives and you know what? Get the right jury or judge and we might even win. Tort reform, please save us!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies