Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2014, 11:52 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
The majority of the laws of this nation can be traced to historical origins of the Bible, slavery being one of those. Incidentally, there is scripture for the treatment of slavery - Colossians 4:1, Ephsians 6:5.

Our Founding Fathers used and quoted much of Sir William Blackstone's, Commentaries on the Law of England, which was based on Biblical perspective.

So my point is the we have progressed to a place we didn't begin with.
And this is just one more progression as we teach the archaic, tribal members of society that such treatment of human beings is uncivilized.

14,917 posts, read 13,101,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Blue eyes and any IQ are not immoral perversions. Homosexual acts are.
My loving my husband and us making a home and family together and yes, us having sex, is not immoral or perverted or wrong.

Please explain to me - rationally - why it is.

4,814 posts, read 3,844,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
I could care less about what marriage meant in other countries hundreds or thousands of years ago. I care about what civil marriage is here, today.

Civil marriage is a legal construct of our civil, secular government that confers a collection of privileges and immunities to couples who want such privileges and immunities. I want access to those privileges and immunities (something our Constitution requires, by the way).

If my husband is German, I want the privilege of a spousal green card.
If my husband is murdered, I want the privilege of being able to sue the murder for wrongful death.
If my husband joins the military, I want the privilege of being able to live in base family housing and shop at the base commissary.

And on and on and on. That's why I want " to be part of an institution that was conceived without (my) existence in mind."
I realize that is your argument. It simply shows why there is an argument. We've progressed to a place we didn't originate from. So, it's going to remain an argument, I believe.

Old 01-08-2014, 11:53 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,630,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceist View Post
Now that is just a straight up rude and rather hateful post.

(Edited to add. I noticed you changed your original post. I think I'll leave it as quoted to show how you really feel.)
My feelings have nothing to do with the post. I was just stating the truth. Then I remembered the Duck Dynasty garbage and watered it down for those who have problems facing the truth. But the truth is still the truth and will NEVER change. You are not angry with me. I didn't make the rules. The only feelings I have toward someone so blinded by sin is pity.

Old 01-08-2014, 11:53 AM

6,414 posts, read 10,492,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Not exactly...

God... you know, the Being that created mankind.
First off tell me something that gays do sexually that heterosexuals do not do? One thing. And second is that there is no proof of a god of any kind, nor that mankind was created. That is a different subject intirely and belongs in the bible forum.

Old 01-08-2014, 11:54 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,198,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Since religions are made up of people, and people disagree, you would be wrong. 70% of Jews and most of Judaism itself has no issue with same-sex marriage. Buddhists I don't think care either. Most Christians (including Catholics) in the Western World have little issue with it.
You are speaking made up nonsense. All world religions condemn homosexual acts. If someone calls themselves a Christian and accepts same sex marriage they are in conflict with the Bible's clear teachings.

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Blue eyes and high IQ are abnormal too. Both of which are viewed as desirable by most people.

Damn! Then I'm in some serious trouble with the MAN upstairs! I have blue eyes, a fairly high IQ, and am left handed. RUH ROH!

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Blue eyes and any IQ are not immoral perversions. Homosexual acts are.
Says who?

What makes them immoral?

Who decides what is moral and immoral?

What sexual acts are perversions? Can a husband and wife, legally married in a Christian church, commit a perverted sexual act?

4,176 posts, read 4,670,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
My loving my husband and us making a home and family together and yes, us having sex, is not immoral or perverted or wrong.

Please explain to me - rationally - why it is.
He's not going to explain anything rationally. Like I said, don't feed the trolls. They will wither and die.

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
The majority of the laws of this nation can be traced to historical origins of the Bible, slavery being one of those. Incidentally, there is scripture for the treatment of slavery - Colossians 4:1, Ephsians 6:5.

Our Founding Fathers used and quoted much of Sir William Blackstone's, Commentaries on the Law of England, which was based on Biblical perspective.

So my point is the we have progressed to a place we didn't begin with.
I know. Women can vote, we have cars not carriages, we use computers, we can even do organ transplants.
But, I'm sure you rail against those changes too. Right?
We are working our way to a "more just society" and have been from this countries founding.

Do you want to keep everything exactly as it was at the founding of this country?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies