Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2014, 10:36 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,095,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chin_Muzik_NJ View Post
Or it would be like asking quantum physicists to provide evidence or sub atomic particles.
Something they do every day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chin_Muzik_NJ
They haven't provided any evidence of them yet.
Excuse me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chin_Muzik_NJ
So why is the "working metaphor" so widely accepted?
Because it solves the most problems, explains the most facts and makes the best predictions.

Old 01-12-2014, 10:36 AM

89,100 posts, read 44,928,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Who has ever claimed that?
Read through the thread.

Old 01-12-2014, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
After going through this entire thread, it seems to me that some are asking the ToE advocates to provide proof that ToE has actual evidence of the origin of life.
Life's existence is a brute fact. That alone is evidence of its origin.

The ToE presumes life. It does not matter how that life originated. It could have spontaneously arisen from a primordial soup, been seeded by alien engineers, or magically created by a god or gods. The ToE doesn't care.

All the ToE posits (based entirely on the massive evidence for the position) that whatever the origin, all living things on the planet are descended from that original life form with modification through a process of natural selection.

Old 01-12-2014, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Read through the thread.
There are almost 500 posts in the thread. If you can answer the question, do so. If you can't, just say so.

Old 01-12-2014, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Why do you think they don't want ID talked about in science?
Because it isn't science.

Old 01-12-2014, 10:56 AM

89,100 posts, read 44,928,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Life's existence is a brute fact. That alone is evidence of its origin.

The ToE presumes life. It does not matter how that life originated. It could have spontaneously arisen from a primordial soup, been seeded by alien engineers, or magically created by a god or gods. The ToE doesn't care.

All the ToE posits (based entirely on the massive evidence for the position) that whatever the origin, all living things on the planet are descended from that original life form with modification through a process of natural selection.
I agree (imagine that ), but there are some on this thread who believe that ToE disproves ID. There are pages and pages of debate over that in this thread.

Old 01-12-2014, 12:10 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,570,269 times
Quote:
Excellent!

They refuse to follow logic when it comes to creation.

As I've stated, I'm a Christian....Roman Catholic to be exact.....but I don't take the Bible literally....not even as a child.

I have always had a strong passion for science so I'm not afraid to find the answers.

Atheists will dodge the question of creation by throwing evolution out there simply because they are afraid that the answer to creation IS intelligent Design. Why do you think they don't want ID talked about in science?
The mistake is thinking the bible is a book of science. It isn't.

Like you I have no fear of science. I realize that the questions asked by religion and those asked by science are simply not the same questions. They do not need to agree. I don't believe that we'll ever marry religion to science because faith would not be faith if there was proof. I don't believe we'll ever have proof. There will always be doubt but that's ok. Faith requires doubt.

Old 01-12-2014, 12:44 PM

5,671 posts, read 4,358,805 times
Quote:
I agree (imagine that ), but there are some on this thread who believe that ToE disproves ID. There are pages and pages of debate over that in this thread.
We never really got into any depth about why older earth intelligent design is disproven to some people.

I think evolutionary theory shows that, if there is an intelligent designer, knowledge of the existence of that intelligent designer would clarify nothing about the way the world works, and add lots and lots of questions that should be asked.

Our vestigial traits, and our formation from apes, and the seeming truth, if we look at the animal kingdom, that the goal of life is first and foremost to live (often regardless of how that affects other life's living) shows that an intelligent designer does not appear necessary.

The best reason I think there is to not believe in an intelligent designer, is the lack of reasons I can think of to believe in an intelligent designer.

If there is an intelligent designer, it's a very mysterious one.

Old 01-12-2014, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintone View Post
If there is an intelligent designer, it's a very mysterious one.
As well as one that "designs" in ways completely unlike the only actual intelligent designers with which we have experience: Us.

Old 01-12-2014, 01:31 PM

5,671 posts, read 4,358,805 times
Quote:
We, as man, can take all of the organic materials that exist in the Amazon, mix them together in a billion different ways and still not create a living organism.

I'm very science minded.....most lefties aren't. For instance......the deserts of Africa were once oceans, the proof being in the fact that actual visual and the geological record show billions of tons of fossilized life forms within the desert, which is now carbon. Carbon is the base for all life. The reason that the Amazon is so richly full of life is due to the amount of this carbon which is blown into the atmosphere in Africa and dropped over the Amazon in rain (hence the name "rain forest").

But this is above the GWNJ's heads, being that only humans cause climate change.
I like how you stated a bunch of random things for no apparent reason.

There is no reason to believe we needed to have been created by an intelligent creator, when so many things have come to be without the proven assistance of an intelligent creator.

Last edited by Clintone; 01-12-2014 at 01:45 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies