Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 08:59 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,842,017 times

Advertisements

According to the Kaiser Institute, employee share of their employer large group healthcare premiums increased by almost 90% between 2000-2010 and had nothing to do with ACA.

Healthcare costs in the U.S. are higher than anywhere else, regardless of the economy and relative value of the USD. Healthcare is rationed everywhere. In the U.S. it is rationed on the basis of money. No two countries have managed the challenge the same way. The common thread is that all people are either automatically eligible for healthcare or required to be insured and government imposes itself on the healthcare system and costs, the root cause.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2014, 09:02 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,262,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Well...it is expensive.
I have met many people this whole thing was created for who haven't bothered to sign up.
That makes it kind of pointless.

However, I have also met a few people this has been a total game-changer for.
Families that don't qualify for subsidies but who have members with pre-existing conditions who have finally been able to get insured.
I won't sign up. I am one of those healthy people the idiot squatting in the White House is counting on to subsidize Obamadoesn'tcare who also got my health plan cancelled because he lied. I would rather pay the fine, pay cash to the family doctor (who is giving me a discount because I pay cash).

Old 01-13-2014, 09:03 AM

5,756 posts, read 4,006,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
By the second line of your "friend's" story it doesn't ring true. It's not hard to find out what kind of subsidy you qualify for on healthcare.gov.
My wife never received a reply on her premium and as unsecure as this program site is I will not sacrifice 38 years of good credit to appease a bunch of congressional pipelayers who won't enroll their staffs let alone themselves.

Old 01-13-2014, 09:25 AM

5,756 posts, read 4,006,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
I won't sign up. I am one of those healthy people the idiot squatting in the White House is counting on to subsidize Obamadoesn'tcare who also got my health plan cancelled because he lied. I would rather pay the fine, pay cash to the family doctor (who is giving me a discount because I pay cash).
My emergency hospital visit of $1100 was cut in half because I paid cash before the due date.This tells me that paperwork of hospitals and insurance providers cost alot in time and money better reason to scrap SS Medicare then implement new Health$Retirement accounts. Where when possible you pay cash through a encryption coded card then you bill the insurance provider for a refund back to your account.This way you get creepy Uncle Sam out of your pants with his money grabbing ponzi schemes ....

Old 01-13-2014, 09:38 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,254,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txdave35 View Post
My friend (who has been trying to find a job for 2 years now) posted this on facebook yesterday:

"
Many bad stories from family and friends. We haven't signed up for a specific plan because the gov website doesn't say how much the subsidies will cover. We can't afford even the poor coverage of the Bronze plan without a good sized subsidy. I've talked to people who have given up on trying to get coverage and will take the penalty this year. Lots of employer plans have gone up in premiums and deductibles and don't cover medications that are much needed to function normally. And then stuff like this happens for those that were happy Obamacare was coming and could get insurance (did I mention for the entire state of Texas Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas is the ONLY company on the exchange)

"

It's just another example of how this garbage legislation is affecting people personally. Why is the government being so quiet or fuzzy about these subsidies?
Thank you for your friend's opinion piece on health care. It sounds like they might be in need of some help signing up if they are that frustrated with it.

Old 01-13-2014, 09:39 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,349,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
See how that works for you should you or a member of your family suffer a catastrophic illness or accident in the coming year. No cash, no treatment....

Old 01-13-2014, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
My emergency hospital visit of $1100 was cut in half because I paid cash before the due date.This tells me that paperwork of hospitals and insurance providers cost alot in time and money better reason to scrap SS Medicare then implement new Health$Retirement accounts. Where when possible you pay cash through a encryption coded card then you bill the insurance provider for a refund back to your account.This way you get creepy Uncle Sam out of your pants with his money grabbing ponzi schemes ....
There are many doctors in private practice that only accept cash. They were able to lower the office visit for the patient because they don't have a huge staff processing insurance or Medicare/Medicaid forms, etc.

Old 01-13-2014, 09:42 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,162,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
See how that works for you should you or a member of your family suffer a catastrophic illness or accident in the coming year. No cash, no treatment....
Too bad it's now illegal to sell a policy that only covers such catastrophic situations, eh?

That's the only type of policy that makes any financial sense for most people, and the Democrats outlawed it. Brilliant!

Old 01-13-2014, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
ER turns no one away.

Old 01-13-2014, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Too bad it's now illegal to sell a policy that only covers such catastrophic situations, eh?

That's the only type of policy that makes any financial sense for most people, and the Democrats outlawed it. Brilliant!
Check this out.

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...obamacare.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies