Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 01:03 PM

30,486 posts, read 23,936,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Would you move from Cali to Oregon to have them cover your cancer?
Exactly. In other words, people are either going to pay the "penalty" (tax), or they will find a way to owe the IRS so that they don't have to pay the penalty, and/or, they will only sign up IF they find out that they have a catastrophic event that so many libs like to carry on about.

Moving to a new permanent residence is small change compared to paying for this atrocity year after year.

There's loopholes and people are going to use them. With any luck, this entire scheme can topple and then we can actually take care of the real problem, and...oh, I don't know...maybe allow us to purchase across state lines.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2014, 01:11 PM

15,368 posts, read 12,707,480 times
sounds like the friend didn't try all that hard and relied on other horror stories to come to a conclusion.

My father in law works in the energy sector and since they are contractors they have to shop for their insurance. He told me a coworker was able to find the same insurance plan for $12K to 15K less (pre-existing condition). He still isn't a fan of Obama but he is happy to save a ton of money.

Old 01-13-2014, 01:13 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,308,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
sounds like the friend didn't try all that hard and relied on other horror stories to come to a conclusion.

My father in law works in the energy sector and since they are contractors they have to shop for their insurance. He told me a coworker was able to find the same insurance plan for $12K to 15K less (pre-existing condition). He still isn't a fan of Obama but he is happy to save a ton of money.
That sounds like my father in law, I am happy he can finally get health insurance because his heart attack made it impossible for him to get health insurance before.

Old 01-13-2014, 01:20 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,446,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
That sounds like my father in law, I am happy he can finally get health insurance because his heart attack made it impossible for him to get health insurance before.
Impossible or not affordable?

Old 01-13-2014, 01:23 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,308,476 times
Quote:
Both actually, he has been flat out denied for insurance before ACA and has been priced for insurance that was so high but barely covered anything to the point that it would have been better just sticking that money into a savings account.

Old 01-13-2014, 01:28 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,908,689 times
Quote:
Same thing. If it is priced out of your reach, it is impossible for you to obtain it.

Old 01-13-2014, 01:32 PM

90,295 posts, read 121,154,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
ER turns no one away.
If you have a life or limb threatening emergency or are in active labor.

Old 01-13-2014, 01:52 PM

34,289 posts, read 19,460,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
If you have a life or limb threatening emergency or are in active labor.
Anything else and they will let it get bad enough to be life threatening before helping.

In all honesty reading all these posts, so many "i have a friend" posts lately. why not "I..."? Because when people have tried that often people ask specific questions. And post answers. SOooooo much easier when "its a friend, I dont know the details"

And then a couple posts that show just how much damage the R party has done.

To the person scared to blow his credit up....do you shop at target? Thats been a much larger danger! Seriously. Do you know what the biggest security risk seen to date is? A Republican who subpenaed source code, then released it to the public! But even with the source code portions and risk reviews released, its still proven safer then Target so far. Theres so many insecure systems its hilarious! For a long time you could pull up everything you needed to clone a CC by simply getting within 2' of someone with about $200 in equipment. The security of everything sucks!

To the person who can't seem to navigate the site...call them up on the phone! they will help you.

To the person who said "im healthy im not signing up!" Enjoy the first time you AREN'T healthy. The bills will destroy you and your life. Maybe you will get lucky, roll the dice.

To the person who said "healthcare costs are going to keep going up! People will be shocked by the Obamacare prices!" Yeah probably, but heres the surprise...the rate of increase on healthcare has recently slowed. hmmmmmm....But im sure it will keep increasing, and people like you will point out that, completely ignoring the last 10 years of history where its gone nuts....

So much FUD

Old 01-13-2014, 01:59 PM

27,306 posts, read 16,289,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
The ER is only obligated to STABILIZE your condtion. After that, you will be pushed to the curb if you can't pay for ongoing treatment.
Doesn't matter. I found a way around Obamacare. Essentially BC/BS will cover me without all the Obamacare extras for 364 days. One day less a year. So I get my plan tailored to me and when the plan expires, I sign up again 24 hours later and pay up to 75% less than what I get on the exchanges. That way no deadbeats are sucking off my dime.

Old 01-13-2014, 07:49 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,358,007 times
Quote:
No, then they just sign up. Kinda like wrecking your car and then purchasing auto insurance.
Not until the next enrollment period and coverage wouldn't start until the following Jan 1st. Could be many months with no treatment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies